PSA: Chase drop rates have been lowered

Replies

• I am really getting the notion that acknowledging it might cause a legal vulnerability.

Do you remember when the echo pack had a total of 102% probability? By the time the question came to mind if this was false advertising ppl were royally compensated.

I mean, there might be another explanation, but without a better one, I'll go with this.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    telboy007 wrote: »
    Is this why Doja left? So he didn't need to post an answer? :)

It's so cute everyone thinks he left by his own will.
    He was probably fired, either because of poor performance, or because they wanted to migrate that position to India to save some money.

I still have his parrot, and no he wasnt let go.

Welcome back my friend! Glad to see you are still around!

and BUMP

I was always around.... but yes you may see more of me.

Kyno is the new CM confirmed!!!
    Ultra wrote: »
    Crumb said he's looking into the drop rate, so i'll follow up on monday

Do you find it a tad preposterous that a CM needs reminding to respond? I appreciate the effort on your part, but, I think thats part of the problem. CG relies too much on forum mods...without Kyno and now you, we wouldn't have had half the answers we did get, and we really didn't get that many.

the drop rate answer... isn't so simple to answer actually
    Yes it is. The drop rate was announced as 4% by CG. It is still is 4% or it isn't.

He was probably fired, either because of poor performance, or because they wanted to migrate that position to India to save some money.

and BUMP

Do you find it a tad preposterous that a CM needs reminding to respond? I appreciate the effort on your part, but, I think thats part of the problem. CG relies too much on forum mods...without Kyno and now you, we wouldn't have had half the answers we did get, and we really didn't get that many.

1.) Yes the drop rate was changed from 4% to 3%

2.) No we did not change the drop rates and the lower rate was unintentional.

An explanation of a either of those answers would then follow.
  • I’m following this closely. The lack of transparency here is really concerning.
  • Of course he wasn’t involuntarily terminated. You don’t fire half of your team before the other half leaves on paternity leave.
  • TheDude420 wrote: »
    Of course he wasn’t involuntarily terminated. You don’t fire half of your team before the other half leaves on paternity leave.

smokescreen
    hello
  • TheDude420 wrote: »
    Of course he wasn’t involuntarily terminated. You don’t fire half of your team before the other half leaves on paternity leave.

smokescreen

Lol yes, get out the tinfoil hats…

They dedicated time and resources to create an elaborate ruse so Doja could appear to resign instead of be terminated. And they chose to have an interim CM from another company/division who has no idea about their internal projects take over.

Surely that would be worth the effort and would return many financial gains over a number of years.

This sorta feels like CG fan fiction. 😂
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    CCyrilS wrote: »

and BUMP

It either changed or it didn't, no?

Yeah, answering that is not the problem here

Again, I'm trying to get crumb to address this on Monday, hopefully, or the new CM, lets see
  • SerWulfgar wrote: »
    I am really getting the notion that acknowledging it might cause a legal vulnerability.

Do you remember when the echo pack had a total of 102% probability? By the time the question came to mind if this was false advertising ppl were royally compensated.

I mean, there might be another explanation, but without a better one, I'll go with this.

If they stop the shady practices then they should have no legal concerns...... Right?

and BUMP

Again, I'm trying to get crumb to address this on Monday, hopefully, or the new CM, lets see
    So what's the problem. Why don't you say it, seeing as the Community Managers are not communicating? Maybe you could do a better job than them. Which honestly isn't that difficult.

and BUMP

So what's the problem. Why don't you say it, seeing as the Community Managers are not communicating? Maybe you could do a better job than them. Which honestly isn't that difficult.

pretty easy to assume the problem is if the cms are allowed to say or not
    hello
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Hmmm I though crumb is away for daddy duties ? Get the other new stand in for an answer

and BUMP

So then it’s either legality of the changing of rates without informing us, or you not having the authority to tell us because of some arbitrary rule and guideline from one of their higher ups who continue to show they can’t properly run a game if that’s the case.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    edited March 2022

and BUMP

because i don't want to speak for CG, and its better for the CMs to relay information rather than through the mods since that's one of the complaints people make (which I agree on)

I'm just working towards that end goal

Lets see what update Crumb has for us this coming week / if the new CM is able to say something on it

and BUMP

because i don't want to speak for CG, and its better for the CMs to relay information rather than through the mods since that's one of the complaints people make (which I agree on)

Lets see what update Crumb has for us this coming week / if the new CM is able to say something on it

Keep up the good fight Ultra. We (well, most of us) appreciate your communication and efforts to increase engagement.
  • Ultra, if you dont want to speak for CG, I see absolutely no reason to speak/ask on behalf of the community either. Because this is no communication then. We need real communication and there is no substitute for that.

You have a (somewhat) (supposedly) unique position, you use it to deliver a question, you get the answer for yourself, then dont share it bc you dont want to share it.

The final missing step here is to start telling us that you know everything better and that CG cares and listents and you may change your name to Kylo.

Of course you are free to do whatever you want, who am I to tell otherwise, but if you are not willing to deliver the answer, I think you should not bother imitating that you represent us and just stick with the moderation.

Ultra, if you dont want to speak for CG, I see absolutely no reason to speak/ask on behalf of the community either.

Hard disagree. I think it is important that the moderators raise these questions to the Dev team. I'm all for community sentiment being relayed to them from multiple directions.

Also, yuk for consecutive brackets.
  • As I said, she is free to do whatever. It is okay to disagree.

I dont picture the moderator's job the way you described. Then again we dont picture the CM's job the way the company does.

I am personally fed up with the "trust me i am trying hard" persons, hence my stand on the topic. Dont get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with goodwill it just does not substitute doing actual work.

This very topic is (mostly) about 3% vs 4%. As many pointed out it is either-or. "I am trying really hard" is not going to cut it for me. If it does the trick for you, good for you.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »

and BUMP

So then it’s either legality of the changing of rates without informing us, or you not having the authority to tell us because of some arbitrary rule and guideline from one of their higher ups who continue to show they can’t properly run a game if that’s the case.

theres no law that says they have to tell us the drop rate
    hello
    This very topic is (mostly) about 3% vs 4%. As many pointed out it is either-or.

I disagree. It was not 4%, it was very clearly 3%. No either, no or.

What I’m hoping for is an explanation. Either the rate was accidentally left at 3% following the Capital ship galactic chase, and the devs are dragging their heels over the precise wording of their apology; or they deliberately changed it to 3% and the devs are dragging their heels over the wording of their reasons why.
    This very topic is (mostly) about 3% vs 4%. As many pointed out it is either-or.

I disagree. It was not 4%, it was very clearly 3%. No either, no or.

What I’m hoping for is an explanation. Either the rate was accidentally left at 3% following the Capital ship galactic chase, and the devs are dragging their heels over the precise wording of their apology; or they deliberately changed it to 3% and the devs are dragging their heels over the wording of their reasons why.

We know why... $$$

If the first few days of the chase revealed a 5% drop rate, I'm pretty sure this would have been addresses very quickly.

Whether the 3% rate was an accident or intentional is irrelevant to me. The lack of response to address it indicates to me that they are happy with the result for the business. Any words they throw out in a post will ring hollow to me unless there's some kind of make good, which there won't be because CG is clearly fine with 3%
  • I was trying to give them the benefit of the doubt, but yeah this seems to be correct.

and BUMP

dr-evil-right.gif

• and me stating a fact that there is no law in place that requires them to reveal drop rates is not defending them

for the record i think they absoluetly should reveal all drop rates

but you get so irrational every time i post
    hello
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

and BUMP

As always the point is going way over your head. That’s ok though since no matter what you’ll rush to defend CG.

correcting a factual error is not something giong over my head

There are laws in place where they have to disclose probabilities of their packs and the drop rates within. So there’s ties to it possibly. It wasn’t a definitive statement, but one of discussion and a possibility as to why we are waiting almost a month for some kind of answer from the devs who have hushed the mods from telling us.
    and me stating a fact that there is no law in place that requires them to reveal drop rates is not defending them

for the record i think they absoluetly should reveal all drop rates

but you get so irrational every time i post

If you think that’s me being irrational then you haven’t seen me actually get emotional and upset. If you agree that they need to tell us the rates then simply do so, and refrain from being abrasive and confrontational in almost every post that calls CG out on their faults and failures.

and BUMP

thats all i said
    hello
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member

and BUMP

As always the point is going way over your head. That’s ok though since no matter what you’ll rush to defend CG.

The bottom line and main point is that there’s no reason for it to have taken weeks (soon to be over a month) for an answer as to why the drop rate for the GC was lowered from 4% to 3%.

Ultra says she can’t say if it was intentional or not, if the drop rates were indeed lowered, or anything really. Legality aside, they owe us an explanation. They owe their paying customers a reason for why the rates were changed without anyone being told.

Most likely their reasoning for waiting to address us is because they previously advertised the GC’s as a 4% drop rate and people who spent money on that event for that reason but instead got 3% did not get what they paid for. I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re stalling so the policy for refunds passes for google and Apple to avoid them losing tons of money over their mess up/stealth nerf

Do they owe their non paying customers an answer as well?
  • Monel wrote: »

and BUMP

The bottom line and main point is that there’s no reason for it to have taken weeks (soon to be over a month) for an answer as to why the drop rate for the GC was lowered from 4% to 3%.

Ultra says she can’t say if it was intentional or not, if the drop rates were indeed lowered, or anything really. Legality aside, they owe us an explanation. They owe their paying customers a reason for why the rates were changed without anyone being told.

Most likely their reasoning for waiting to address us is because they previously advertised the GC’s as a 4% drop rate and people who spent money on that event for that reason but instead got 3% did not get what they paid for. I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re stalling so the policy for refunds passes for google and Apple to avoid them losing tons of money over their mess up/stealth nerf

Do they owe their non paying customers an answer as well?

Yes they do
This discussion has been closed.