PSA: Chase drop rates have been lowered

Replies

• Recurve wrote: »
    Recurve wrote: »
    CG : "The drop rate was reduced because it was too good, the kit was not fundamentally changed so there will be no refunds"

@Recurve is this your interpretation of what the answer will be or something someone actually said?

This is what we call a joke, based around the QGJ omi nerf, which was also a joke.

See I’m just not sure what to believe anymore. I would not be surprised if we did get some sort of answer in an obscure place.
  • NuSair
    31 posts Member
    It's just more proof they don't care. As long as people keep spending money by the millions, why should they bother to change what they have been doing? They have no reason to change, they are going to keep ignoring and treating players like crap- because they can and because they know people will still keep spending more and more money.
  • TargetEadu
    1538 posts Member
    Nerfing Echelon would be a real bad April Fool’s Joke.
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    Today would be the perfect time to give us an reply. If anything about it turns out to be legally problematic, you can refer to it as part of an April's fool
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited April 2022
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    Well, there goes a Monday response. Tuesday?

August?

Might actually be a reasonable estimate at this point.
    Post edited by WookieWookie on
  • TargetEadu
    1538 posts Member
    So @Ultra , at what point of CG not saying anything are you going to speak for them?
  • @CG_Tusken_Meathead while we appreciate hearing about your cat, your favorite letter, and your favorite color, this is the sort of thing we actually want to know.
  • Jesse36 wrote: »
    @CG_Tusken_Meathead while we appreciate hearing about your cat, your favorite letter, and your favorite color, this is the sort of thing we actually want to know.

Why would you expect that. This is exactly how things went with Doja. Whether or not the CMs want to communicate is irrelevant. It's clear they won't or can't when it matters most.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Jesse36 wrote: »
    @CG_Tusken_Meathead while we appreciate hearing about your cat, your favorite letter, and your favorite color, this is the sort of thing we actually want to know.

Why would you expect that. This is exactly how things went with Doja. Whether or not the CMs want to communicate is irrelevant. It's clear they won't or can't when it matters most.

Sadly this is the truth. It’s despicable of whoever is gagging the CM’s from talking to us about the drop rates when we found out on our own. Good ol TopCash
  • Magruffin
    774 posts Member
    edited April 2022
    After looking back on my time here, being a cm for cg sounds like a great gig: get paid for posting random fluff, get to choose what questions to ignore, don't have to be held to account for ignoring multiple threads about important issues, and your bosses are cool with you not communicating at all - bc they actually prefer it that way. The position is just lip service (just like their "anticheat" department). God knows why we needed two ....
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    Magruffin wrote: »
    After looking back on my time here, being a cm for cg sounds like a great gig: get paid for posting random fluff, get to choose what questions to ignore, don't have to be held to account for ignoring multiple threads about important issues, and your bosses are cool with you not communicating at all - bc they actually prefer it that way. The position is just lip service (just like their "anticheat" department). God knows why we needed two ....

Optics
  • @Ultra ? Crumb? Anyone?
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator

He can't talk about this since this was a thing before he joined and he's not too familiar with the issue to speak on it, and there is lots of other things he needs to catch up on
    Ultra ? Crumb? Anyone?
    idk whats going on with the delay, and i've stopped following up for an official response
  • Ultra wrote: »

He can't talk about this since this was a thing before he joined and he's not too familiar with the issue to speak on it, and there is lots of other things he needs to catch up on
    Ultra ? Crumb? Anyone?
    idk whats going on with the delay, and i've stopped following up for an official response

Oh that’s nice. I’m glad they care so little about their community and paying customers.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    Personally, I don’t think meathead needs to concern himself with this as this issue is not as straightforward for him to look up and comment on
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    Personally, I don’t think meathead needs to concern himself with this as this issue is not as straightforward for him to look up and comment on

We also accept a statement from a Dev
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member

He’s the acting CM while crumb is away on paternity leave and while they find Doja‘s replacement. It is literally his job at the present to communicate with us. Just because this occurred before he took over doesn’t absolve him of relating an answer from the devs to us. You said that there was an answer you were given, but couldn’t tell us and that a CM/dev needed too.

Well if there’s an answer and we have devs and a CM who have working forum accounts and the ability to type and communicate, I think they owe us an explanation on:

1.) Why the drop rate was lowered
    2.) Why they have the nerve to ignore the community and give excuse after excuse as to why this can’t be answered.
  • Ultra wrote: »

Can he not just copy and paste what the devs tell him? I don’t really see why he needs to have any personal knowledge of the situation to do that
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »

He’s the acting CM while crumb is away on paternity leave and while they find Doja‘s replacement. It is literally his job at the present to communicate with us. Just because this occurred before he took over doesn’t absolve him of relating an answer from the devs to us. You said that there was an answer you were given, but couldn’t tell us and that a CM/dev needed too.

Well if there’s an answer and we have devs and a CM who have working forum accounts and the ability to type and communicate, I think they owe us an explanation on:

1.) Why the drop rate was lowered
    2.) Why they have the nerve to ignore the community and give excuse after excuse as to why this can’t be answered.

100%
  • StarSon
    7426 posts Member
    And now that we have another Chase inbound, should we not get an explanation of the drop rates? Why they are more complex than "3% per energy spent" is beyond me, but it would be excellent information to have.
  • What if the drop rate for the next chase is 2% :O
  • StarSon
    7426 posts Member
    What if the drop rate for the next chase is 2% :O

Obviously even worse, though that means it's not possible to unlock even with hoarded energy and 3x refreshes per day. Plus hard to hoard when we don't know where it's dropping.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    If anyone calculates with the current rates, how many refills will be needing for this next 4* unlock?
  • StarSon
    7426 posts Member
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    If anyone calculates with the current rates, how many refills will be needing for this next 4* unlock?

4 refreshes per day without hoarded energy. Or maybe 7? the Fleet selection seems to assume a slower refresh rate.

https://swgohevents.com/shard-drop-calculator
  • MaruMaru wrote: »
    I got 5* for both the previous chase ships doing 3*100 + 2*200 refreshes plus hoarded energy at the start.
  • StarSon
    7426 posts Member
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    I got 5* for both the previous chase ships doing 3*100 + 2*200 refreshes plus hoarded energy at the start.

I got 4* with the same.
This discussion has been closed.