Replies

• LordDirt
    5003 posts Member
    Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Monel wrote: »
    Devian wrote: »
    [Precautions are pointless if there's nothing you do about it.
    asking devs to answer concerns about Long Vader is something players can do.

Long? Do tell!

Ask Padmé

giphy.gif?****=ecf05e47utnce42mb6cnk6i55y2udam1c8mv2g4we2cqoq30&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Devian
    671 posts Member
    Options
    https://youtu.be/4tjL57Wdr74
    oh no, how did this happen?
  • Options
    Gonna pass on a clickbait link
  • Devian
    671 posts Member
    Options
    it's about how JMK with omi windows gain lots of defense banners and close to unbeatable without mirror JMK
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    it's about how JMK with omi windows gain lots of defense banners and close to unbeatable without mirror JMK

"I was banned..."
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    90% of Ahnald’s videos are either clickbait or straight up speculation
  • Devian
    671 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

"I was banned..."
    "...from talking about Mace's omicron" :)

• TVF
    36600 posts Member
    edited May 2022
    Options

"I was banned..."

"I was banned from talking about this..."

Click...bait.
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    Options

"I was banned..."

Click...bait.

Then don’t click on it and quit…

Whin….ing
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    Oh my god a YouTuber clickbaited!?!?!? What are you gonna tell me now? That a basketball player plays basketball? 😯
  • TargetEadu
    1550 posts Member
    Options
    (For slight context, he was banned from discussing it by his Guild, not CG. Don’t really know more details though.)
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    (For slight context, he was banned from discussing it by his Guild, not CG. Don’t really know more details though.)

Hahaha even worse.
  • Options

To be fair, it's not total clickbait. It's fairly interesting. Do have to agree though; that Ahnaldt101 and a few others have some ridiculously click bait rubbish in their library.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Ahnold makes me miss GameFAQs. Let me open a document and find the information I want, don’t make me watch a 30 minute video with 8 minutes of content and 22 minutes of “personality.”
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Ahnold makes me miss GameFAQs. Let me open a document and find the information I want, don’t make me watch a 30 minute video with 8 minutes of content and 22 minutes of “personality.”

Well if you feel like that Ahnald's the worst person to be watching. BitDynasty would be a good example of where to go. Ahnald's a super hard worker, I think he deserves his fame. Certain types of his videos I wouldn't touch though.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options

"I was banned..."

Click...bait.

Unless i ban him from here for that video
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

To be fair, it's not total clickbait. It's fairly interesting. Do have to agree though; that Ahnaldt101 and a few others have some ridiculously click bait rubbish in their library.

Good videos and creators don't need to use clickbait. He's affirming his own irrelevance every time he does it.
  • Options
    The best content creators are just that. They let their videos speak for themselves instead of putting a misleading title on it. Or putting a 😮 face in their thumbnail, which is just as bad imo.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    The best content creators are just that. They let their videos speak for themselves instead of putting a misleading title on it. Or putting a 😮 face in their thumbnail, which is just as bad imo.

I’d assume the best content creators are the ones getting the most subs / views / engagement because that is the creator that’s succeeding in the platform.

• CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    SemiGod wrote: »

I’d assume the best content creators are the ones getting the most subs / views / engagement because that is the creator that’s succeeding in the platform.

That then, depends on how you define success. And I agree, likes/views etc is a valid determination.

That being said, if you're good enough, you don't have to resort to clickbait.

It's like when you have a blockbuster movie with millions spent on marketing, but it actually sucks. They might make millions (before everyone figures it out), but that doesn't make it a "good movie".
  • Ghost666
    328 posts Member
    Options
    BTW...this TOPIC is also clickbait :)
    Based on the TITLE, I came here to see if Mace rework would make it useful to invest and zeta Mace...will have to look elsewhere i guess...(although i admit the title was not so clear...but was close to the top :) )
  • Devian
    671 posts Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Ghost666 wrote: »
    BTW...this TOPIC is also clickbait :)
    Based on the TITLE, I came here to see if Mace rework would make it useful to invest and zeta Mace...will have to look elsewhere i guess...(although i admit the title was not so clear...but was close to the top :) )
    how so? I was really surprised at the time that best, unmatched GL in the game gets Mace with omicron for TW. And feared that LV and JML will be completely useless (or nearly useless).
    And 1 month later what do I see? (sorry almost 2 month later)
    So no, I simply asked if devs knows what they are doing (and why they buff GK for TW).
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    Options

That then, depends on how you define success. And I agree, likes/views etc is a valid determination.

It's like when you have a blockbuster movie with millions spent on marketing, but it actually sucks. They might make millions (before everyone figures it out), but that doesn't make it a "good movie".

Do you think that Marvel cares that End Game didn’t win best picture? They made almost 3 billion dollars on a single movie, far more than the last 10 best picture winners combined.

Kinda like some click bait YouTuber who makes 10 times more than your “good” content creators. It’s a job to him and based on his subscriber rates compared to other swgoh YouTubers, he seems to be doing just fine and I’m sure he loses sleep over the fact that you seem to think he is irrelevant.
  • Options
    I can't see how clickbaity the video is, has any relevance on its quality.

I think how Ahnald's brain works. His guides aren't very good. A Fatal or BitDynasty are a lot more methodical in their approach.

His obvious clickbait videos are annoying. He's nowhere near the worst though as even his clickbait videos have a lot of work put into them.

I really like his news. Ok, it's all taken from websites we probably use. However, he's an excellent reporter for more casual players. Also his take on things (and his speculations) are thought provoking in my opinion.

Then there are his life streams. I don't think there's a SWGOH streamer anywhere near as entertaining as him. He works incredibly hard and can keep viewers interested for hour upon hour.

Sure, he has his faults, but I think he's a major positive to the community.
  • EgoSlayer
    140 posts Member
    edited May 2022
    Options

Good videos and creators don't need to use clickbait. He's affirming his own irrelevance every time he does it.

100% untrue. And even one of the top YouTubers Mr Beast *got* that way by click bait. Cliff notes: 50% or more of the traffic comes from the title/thumbnail alone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2xHZPH5Sng

Post edited by EgoSlayer on
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    ImaSmakya wrote: »

Do you think that Marvel cares that End Game didn’t win best picture? They made almost 3 billion dollars on a single movie, far more than the last 10 best picture winners combined.

Kinda like some click bait YouTuber who makes 10 times more than your “good” content creators. It’s a job to him and based on his subscriber rates compared to other swgoh YouTubers, he seems to be doing just fine and I’m sure he loses sleep over the fact that you seem to think he is irrelevant.

What's wrong with end game? I don't even get your analogy. If you're an ahnald lover, that's fine. Some people enjoy low IQ entertainment over actual substance.
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    Options

What's wrong with end game? I don't even get your analogy. If you're an ahnald lover, that's fine. Some people enjoy low IQ entertainment over actual substance.

Nothing is wrong with end game, the movie analogy was yours. Just saying it isn’t going to win best picture but then their goal was to make lots of money, not win best picture.

I don’t watch his stuff often, but I’m guessing his goal is to make a living from low IQ entertainment, as opposed to your definition of “good” content which apparently takes a much higher IQ to digest but makes other swgoh YouTubers considerably less money. To each his own.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    edited May 2022
    Options

Nothing is wrong with end game, the movie analogy was yours. Just saying it isn’t going to win best picture but then their goal was to make lots of money, not win best picture.

I don’t watch his stuff often, but I’m guessing his goal is to make a living from low IQ entertainment, as opposed to your definition of “good” content which apparently takes a much higher IQ to digest but makes other swgoh YouTubers considerably less money. To each his own.

So you can't be a good youtuber AND make money?

Just for fun, I compared Ahnaldt101 to a youtuber my son watches for Fortnite, called TypicalGamer. I've watched many vids with my son and TG is actually Watchable (in my opinon) without rediculous theatrics. Ahnaldt101 has 218K subs. TypicalGamer has 12M. Flashy gimmics only get you so far. Actual talent can do far more.
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    Options

Just for fun, I compared Ahnaldt101 to a youtuber my son watches for Fortnite, called TypicalGamer. I've watched many vids with my son and TG is actually Watchable (in my opinon) without rediculous theatrics. Ahnaldt101 has 218K subs. TypicalGamer has 12M. Flashy gimmics only get you so far. Actual talent can do far more.

My bad for assuming we were just talking about swgoh streamers and the size of that market as opposed to everyone on YouTube. If you want to start comparing revenue for streamers of a game with 9 billion in revenue in its first 2 years to swgoh which took 5 or 6 years to get its first billion, then I’ll just consider this an exercise in goalpost moving and bow out.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options

Idk if it’s a good comparison since one channel is tied to a mobile game that isn’t very popular while the other one is playing mainstream games.