Can we get a practice button in GAC

Decicrim
224 posts Member
edited March 2022
With big focus on GaC, it would be awesome to get a “practice” button next to the battle
Button.

That would allow you to practice a counter, outcome does not burn toons, battle counter win/loss banners. You can practice all you want before selecting the normal “battle button” that commits to a normal gac battle that counts.

My 1 frustration as I come through the ranks is that gac is the only place I usually see new teams to battle I’ve never battled before, going in blind is an aweful strategy.

CG you don’t lose anything you get to keep all your daily refreshes, it will encourage more engagement in GAC. Allow people to learn interactions.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• No, for several reasons.

1) Player tests, wins, commits to the same battle with same team, loses, sulks (probably here).
    2) Why should people investing in newer/stranger teams lose the advantage?
    3) swgoh.gg has a great counters feature in place. If you need the mechanics of a specific team there'll be a content creator out there who's covered it.
  • Decicrim wrote: »
    With big focus on GaC, it would be awesome to get a “practice” button next to the battle
    Button.

That would allow you to practice a counter, outcome does not burn toons, battle counter win/loss banners. You can practice all you want before selecting the normal “battle button” that commits to a normal gac battle that counts.

My 1 frustration as I come through the ranks is that gac is the only place I usually see new teams to battle I’ve never battled before, going in blind is an aweful strategy.

CG you don’t lose anything you get to keep all your daily refreshes, it will encourage more engagement in GAC. Allow people to learn interactions.

Seeing teams you haven't seen before is the reason I would be against practice runs. I should be rewarded by setting unique teams that you haven't seen before. If we could practice every team, we would all have near perfect scores, see a lot more ties and generally it would take away from GAC overall.
    If you really want to practice. You can try and befriend ppl in your squad arena that you see a lot. Then you can ask them to set the team, or you can ask your guild. "hey I'm facing this team, anyone have experience or recommendations?"
  • Lumiya
    1462 posts Member
    I don't need a practice Button but in GAC directly but I sure would welcome a place where I could test out my Omicrons and/ or comps for GAC. Since crystals are tied to it I really wouldn't want to risk losing just because I have an idea and would need to try if it works how I thought it should or not.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Well, it needs to work both ways, right? Get rewarded for catching people off guard with a novel team, at the risk of it not panning out the way you thought.
  • Yeah no we dont need that. that version is unfair to the opponent.

i do think we should have the sandbox mode for general testing of teams and Omicrons, but nothing for direct does X work against my GAC opponent with their specific stat values
  • I'm not sure I see a whole lot of difference between "practicing" and looking up counters on .GG. Seems like the arguments for/against would be the same.
  • We've been asking for a sandbox mode for years now. I'm not saying "don't ask" - but I'm saying, don't expect it. I would love a place to practice with my characters and teams, but the unfortunate reality is that it's more profitable for CG to let us fail and spend to try to avoid the next failure. Squad Arena is as close as we can get, but in practice it doesn't work out that well - and it's not for lack of trying.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • If this feature would exist, every GAC battle would be some full clears in 1 shot and the winner would be a close game of who has the most banners

No thanks i hate banners efficiency games. It’s much better to win / lose with some real defeats on the battle

• Screerider wrote: »
    I'm not sure I see a whole lot of difference between "practicing" and looking up counters on .GG. Seems like the arguments for/against would be the same.

Biggest one is GG doesn’t take your roster or gear level into account.

There should be no advantage to either player, they both get the same ability to practice.

To me it almost seems fairer, a true test of roster utilization skill can I beat my opponents setup with what I have left.

If I’m going to practice against a comparable team(like ask SA, how many normal mid players can do that easy) or see one in TW to practice on. Hell let’s just say we got an actual sandbox, what’s the difference I could still then practice against your team and so called “take away your advantage”

So what’s the difference where you get to practice, SA, a new sandbox, direct on the gac battle. To say if it is available right on the gac team will take away an advantage is crap.

Developing a sandbox is complex you add new mechanics how do you select team to fight against set their stats, etc.. this way you get the sandbox without complex development,
  • Or all the omis should be active in conquest so you can test them out and have conquest like a sandbox mode
  • And next thing maybe we could get a practice button for the thing called "life".
    There's no way you should be allowed to practice against an opponent's team. There are already several ways to see counters. Just read the kits, check the mods/stats and figure out how they interact. There's no shame in losing and hopefully you learn something new for the next match.
  • Lumiya
    1462 posts Member
    And next thing maybe we could get a practice button for the thing called "life".
    There's no way you should be allowed to practice against an opponent's team. There are already several ways to see counters. Just read the kits, check the mods/stats and figure out how they interact. There's no shame in losing and hopefully you learn something new for the next match.

I don't think OP meant the ability to practice against the opponent. At least I wasn't talking about that.
    I wouldn't want or need to practice against my opponent. What I would like would be an area where I can test my Omis and comps. It doesn't have to be against other players.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Thorozar11
    271 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Lumiya wrote: »
    And next thing maybe we could get a practice button for the thing called "life".

I don't think OP meant the ability to practice against the opponent. At least I wasn't talking about that.

Yes he was. He clearly states the practice button is right next to the battle button and you can practice as many times as you want. So bad on many levels, and others all point out why.