Alleviating the pain of missing GAC signup: 2 tourneys in ~Parallel?

*Note: This is a copy and paste of a post I made in the feedback section of the forum. I realized that since this is posing a question it may be more appropriately posted here. Thanks.

The Post

Participation in GAC is essentially required due to the sheer amount of rewards (including crystals) that can be earned from the event. I and perhaps others, have had the unfortunate luck of having real life interfere with play for quite a few GAC signup periods. That is a week's worth of punishment for being busy for 24hrs. It completely cripples my crystal income and is a huge dent to my progress.

I was wondering if the community would be ok with essentially running two tournaments in parallel, with one lagging behind the other by a day. Players can only participate in one GAC obviously but there would at least be a second full 24hrs of join time to accommodate those individuals that have suffered some awful fate that prevented them from signing up for the first GAC, which will call Alpha GAC.

To ensure sufficient participants CG could place a portion of those who signed up for Alpha in the Beta tournament to join the slow/unfortunate sods that missed it.

All rewards and matchmaking would be the same and those in Beta tournament would not be restricted from enroll in the next Alpha tournament,
Does this make sense and does the community see value in it?

Thanks for reading.