GL Kenobi bug still there!?

Ariskos
7 posts Member
edited March 2022
Hello, today I finally managed to complete all the 16 requirements to start the GL Jedi Master Kenobi event. I gathered the first 15 tickets and started the 1st event/battle. When General Grievous left, the game crashed/freezed. I lost both the 15 tickets and the event progress. So, CG the bug is still there and you should fix it. It's unacceptable to have such a bug for so many months open, do nothing and also mentioning that there is no bug (https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/247114/potential-issue-with-jedi-master-kenobi-event#latest ).

Also, is there a way to get a refund for those 15 tickets or at least progress to the next event?
t20zepcszalo.png

Replies

• You can ask for a ticket refund but no one I know of has received one. I froze 4 times trying to complete tier 1 and all EA said was keep reporting it so they'll learn how to fix it. Don't be under the illusion they will fix it as it's been around since the event started, apparently.
    Best advice I can offer is to restart the game before tier 1 attempts as that seemed to help for me. EVERY time I tried it more than once it froze.
    Ego tranquillo tempestatem
  • Lozsta
    195 posts Member
    No. CG will not refund you the tickets or the crystals you may have used to get the tickets. Unless you spent thousands with them which if you have done they might be more helpful.
  • It's been a know issue for a long time but they won't fix it cause it doesn't affect enough people. I think it happened to me 4 times
  • StarSon
    7431 posts Member
    Lozsta wrote: »
    No. CG will not refund you the tickets or the crystals you may have used to get the tickets. Unless you spent thousands with them which if you have done they might be more helpful.

That's because you haven't spent enough money. The whales always get their tickets refunded.
  • Gunner420 wrote: »
    You can ask for a ticket refund but no one I know of has received one. I froze 4 times trying to complete tier 1 and all EA said was keep reporting it so they'll learn how to fix it. Don't be under the illusion they will fix it as it's been around since the event started, apparently.
    Best advice I can offer is to restart the game before tier 1 attempts as that seemed to help for me. EVERY time I tried it more than once it froze.

At least you got an answer. I didn't even get that. Restarting the game before an attempt also worked for me.
  • It happened to me today for the 2nd time, at tier 1. I also restarted the app before the try but it crashed as well
  • JJ8
    21 posts Member
    Im in the middle of the event and did tier 1 once so far without issue. For people with the problem, is it both ios and android? Any suggestions on avoiding it? Thanks
  • JJ8 wrote: »
    Im in the middle of the event and did tier 1 once so far without issue. For people with the problem, is it both ios and android? Any suggestions on avoiding it? Thanks

Best advice to avoid it, is to force close every open app (including swgoh) before attempting it.

Then relaunch swgoh and try the event.
  • JJ8 wrote: »

Best advice to avoid it, is to force close every open app (including swgoh) before attempting it.

Then relaunch swgoh and try the event.

Even this way, we might face that issue. I always do it this way and I already count 2 crashes.
    At least, I hope this way reduces the chance of a crash...

• JJ8
    21 posts Member
    Well, it just happened to me. Game crashed during tier 1 and lost tickets. #bugisreal
  • JJ8
    21 posts Member
    And it just happened a second time!!!! Arghh. Closed app and restarted per recommendation first. Very annoying
  • I had similar issues with the event, did Tier 1 once then completed all the other Tiers before going back into Tier 1, that's when the game crashes, the app restarts then I lose my tickets.

I found doing both these things together "fixed" my issue and I was able to complete Tier 1 & activate JMK. First, forced close the app & restart before you attempt. Second, don't use any AOE attacks, I think Cody & Echo have the only AOE attacks. You can use any special attack that isn't an AOE. Yes, it made the battle a bit longer but zero crashes.

Once you beat the battle, you don't need to keep force closing the app if you have enough tickets, just go into the battle again and don't use any AOE attacks.

Just try it once & report back how it went.
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    Be glad it's just Tier 1 and not later tiers.
  • twstdbydsn
    1101 posts Member
    I just started the JMK grind yesterday. Hasn’t happened to me so far.
  • Happened to me twice today. First 5 battles went fine. In the 6th and 7th it crashed both times during the opening cutscene

Reported problem. Got a response saying to go look at the troubleshooting guide 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Happened to me 3/4 times yesterday. Only seems to be the first part of the event. Should have unlocked him already. As far as i know it’s been like this since launch.
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    Yup, it only seems to happen on the Kenobi event and only the first tier, but when you report it they tell you nothing is wrong and just follow these troubleshooting tips. If it was an issue with my device, you’d think it would happen on more than one tier of this one GL event.

Unfortunately this just seems to be one of those “we can’t be bothered fixing it” type of bugs.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • Antario wrote: »
    Be glad it's just Tier 1 and not later tiers.

Someone on EA answers indicated it happened to them in T4 as well.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited April 2022
    Always has been bugged and always will be bugged.
  • Well I just learned this bug is still an issue a year later. During Tier 1, the game shut down on me and I had to restart it. Lost 15 tickets...
  • Boy I am thrilled to report I did the entire event with no bugs or crashes. A few losses due to lack of preparation, but I digress…
  • Redsox20041027
    41 posts Member
    edited March 2023
    I lost 30 tickets in the first phase as the app crashed. I ended up only using basic hits for the most-part. I am worried it'll happen again as I finish Phase 2.
  • Had 2 loss of tickets running phase 1 on Bluestacks. Shiftet to phone and the next couple of runs went ok. Halfway now on phase 1. Really sad the bug is not fixed. It is such a mood spoiler to have worked so long and then being punished...
  • scuba
    14044 posts Member
    Black111 wrote: »
    Had 2 loss of tickets running phase 1 on Bluestacks. Shiftet to phone and the next couple of runs went ok. Halfway now on phase 1. Really sad the bug is not fixed. It is such a mood spoiler to have worked so long and then being punished...

CG/EA doesn't support Android emulators, so if that is the only place you are seeing the issue, don't use them.
  • I lost 30 tickets and that was that. Before I started a battle, I'd restart the app.