Maris Brood- Kit Idea V2.0

Zombefyer
586 posts Member
edited April 2022
Maris Brood was a female Zabrak Jedi Padawan, who survived the initial stages of the Great Jedi Purge. She spent many years in hiding with Jedi Master Shaak Ti on the planet Felucia. After her master's death, she was corrupted by the dark side of the Force, along with the entire planet and its native population. After Brood captured Senator Bail Organa, she was confronted by Darth Vader's Sith apprentice, Starkiller, who defeated her in combat. Initially tempted to kill her, the apprentice ultimately spared Brood's life and allowed her to disappear into hiding once more.

y6tzbrh2uu4h.png

Affiliation: Dark

Class: Attacker

Faction: Unaligned Force User

Description: Stealthy Attacker that controls the flow of battle by manipulating status effects.

Cost: 25 Shards

Relic Amplifier: Lightsaber Tonfas

Attacks and Abilities

Close Range Combat- Basic:
Deal Physical damage to target enemy. If Maris is Stealthed, this attack ignores Protection and can’t be Evaded.

Force Control- Special 1:
Dispel all debuffs from Maris and all buffs from target enemy, and inflict Control on target enemy until another enemy is controlled or until Maris is defeated. Control can’t be Copied, Dispelled or Resisted. This attack can’t be Evaded.

Control on Characters: All enemies are immune to debuffs from this unit. When this unit attempts to inflict a Debuff on an enemy, they grant the opposite buff, if any, to them instead. All allies are immune to buffs from this character. When this character attempts to grant a buff to an ally, they inflict the opposite Debuff, if any, on them instead.

Control on Raid Bosses and Galactic Legends: Can’t gain Buffs. Characters damaging this unit recover Health and Protection equal to damage dealt and gain Defence Up for 1 turn. (Cooldown: 3)

Rapid Counter Strikes- Special 2:
Gain Retribution for 2 turns. Then, deal Physical damage to target enemy twice and Stagger them for 2 turns. When this Stagger expires, the target becomes Vulnerable for 1 turn, which can’t be Evaded or Resisted. (Cooldown: 3)

Force Cloak- Unique: (Zeta)
Maris can’t be Critically Hit and is immune to Marked. Whenever Maris gains a non-unique, non-stealth buff, she gains Stealth for 1 turn.
Whenever Maris damages an enemy, if she is Stealthed, she deals 50% more damage. Whenever an enemy damages Maris, if they are suffering a Debuff, they deal 35% less damage.
Post edited by Zombefyer on

Replies

• Hey I remember this one. I even remember us taking about a tag for her that would fit. Unaligned Force User is indeed one in the game right now that would fit perfectly. Despite the fact that this kit is the result of a previous collaboration between us, I do actually have some criticism for it. Thou mostly due to how the game has evolved and how my self reflection skills have grown. Luckily there are only 2.
    The first is the "Ignores Defense" on the basic. Nowadays the game/developers don't really like effect like that a lot, and Mastery has also been added to the game. So depending on which type she is, she may already get defense pentation from that as well. So I think her basic ignoring Protection when she has Stealth rather than Defense might be better nowadays.
    The second is the "deals 100% more damage" and "takes 50% less damage" parts from her unique. Looking back I think those numbers might have been a tad too high, especially given how easy it is to meet their conditions. Now I think "deals 50% more damage" and "takes 35% less damage" might be more balanced.
    Other than that I see no problems. Glad you decided to dig this one up again. Here's to hoping she gets added to the game at some point.