Galactic Challenges are no longer possible!

2Next

Replies

  • Engage
    246 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »
    Engage wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    Engage wrote: »
    I only use them on offence. They are great at killing Padme teams. That's pretty much the extent of their usefulness. I'm talking from experience at not being able to do anything else with them. I've had jkr for years and it has gotten me nowhere. Old republic characters aren't even viable towards GLs. This is how I have made very little progress in all this time towards all GLs that have come out so far.

    JKR is the third best offensive GA squad according to .gg and is listed as a counter to several of the most seen defensive squads, none of which are Padme.

    This used to be the case before gls. I can destroy just about any Padme team with ease. I check .gg frequently and I feel like it could use an update when it comes to his current viability.

    It's not opinions, it's data. JKR may not counter GL's, but it counters way more than just Padme.

    I'm talking about pvp mostly, not specifically what he counters or how much. The rest is personal progression vs teams that nobody uses in pvp.
    When it comes to events like these challenges. JKR now seems much less viable against stuff he would normally counter anywhere else in the game.
  • 24_Tuesdays
    1198 posts Member
    edited April 4
    gg data is from pvp though
    hello
  • Engage wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    Engage wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    Engage wrote: »
    I only use them on offence. They are great at killing Padme teams. That's pretty much the extent of their usefulness. I'm talking from experience at not being able to do anything else with them. I've had jkr for years and it has gotten me nowhere. Old republic characters aren't even viable towards GLs. This is how I have made very little progress in all this time towards all GLs that have come out so far.

    JKR is the third best offensive GA squad according to .gg and is listed as a counter to several of the most seen defensive squads, none of which are Padme.

    This used to be the case before gls. I can destroy just about any Padme team with ease. I check .gg frequently and I feel like it could use an update when it comes to his current viability.

    It's not opinions, it's data. JKR may not counter GL's, but it counters way more than just Padme.

    I'm talking about pvp mostly, not specifically what he counters or how much. The rest is personal progression vs teams that nobody uses in pvp.
    When it comes to events like these challenges. JKR now seems much less viable against stuff he would normally counter anywhere else in the game.
    I’d be lost without JKR on offence.

    He’s a reliable counter for so many of the teams I see every round in GAC. BAM + Scoundrels, Dash + Smugglers, Maul + Mandos…

    He’s also vital if I ever need to beat JMK with JML.
  • StarSon
    6324 posts Member
    Engage wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    Engage wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    Engage wrote: »
    I only use them on offence. They are great at killing Padme teams. That's pretty much the extent of their usefulness. I'm talking from experience at not being able to do anything else with them. I've had jkr for years and it has gotten me nowhere. Old republic characters aren't even viable towards GLs. This is how I have made very little progress in all this time towards all GLs that have come out so far.

    JKR is the third best offensive GA squad according to .gg and is listed as a counter to several of the most seen defensive squads, none of which are Padme.

    This used to be the case before gls. I can destroy just about any Padme team with ease. I check .gg frequently and I feel like it could use an update when it comes to his current viability.

    It's not opinions, it's data. JKR may not counter GL's, but it counters way more than just Padme.

    I'm talking about pvp mostly, not specifically what he counters or how much. The rest is personal progression vs teams that nobody uses in pvp.
    When it comes to events like these challenges. JKR now seems much less viable against stuff he would normally counter anywhere else in the game.

    Not sure what you mean, as GA *is* PVP. He counters so many common defensive teams. In any tier system, he'd be in the tier just below GL's.

    And sure, events like today's GC are designed in very specific ways to force specific teams. This is not new, and is unlikely to change. It sucks when you can't get the red box (I have all 6 GL's and there are some GC's where I have to take the gold box) but it'll work itself out eventually.
  • Engage
    246 posts Member
    edited April 4
    I'm glad you guys have been giving me better feedback rather than the usual, just use x team with x characters.
  • CCyrilS
    6669 posts Member
    Engage wrote: »
    I'm glad you guys have been giving me better feedback rather than the usual, just use x team with x characters.

    Ask the right questions,you'll get the right answers
  • Fatalarousal1
    22 posts Member
    edited April 5
    I actually did have an issue with the recent Bounty hunters challenge.

    I was using a SEE squad....whole squad was defeated except SEE.....full protection/full health/ ultimate charged.....I activated ultimate......SEE dropped to nearly 0 health with full protection....defeated with one hit.

    Tried it several times. I had several different strange reactions. All dropped to nearly 0 health. The last time after activating ultimate SEE dropped to 0 protection and 0 health....still standing. Then the game froze.

    I reported it.....well we know how that goes.

    mpaget2w29v8.jpg
  • Engage wrote: »
    I'm trying to increase relic on my Vader for Luke and GAS. He's still r2.
    Maybe I wouldn't have had as many issues farming if I went dark side. Because JRevan was a mistake. He's practically trash tier now when he used to be S tier.

    things always change

    but hes also not trash

    The older characters are slowly becoming irrelevant. He's not trash.....but he's only one update away from it.
  • Engage wrote: »
    I'm trying to increase relic on my Vader for Luke and GAS. He's still r2.
    Maybe I wouldn't have had as many issues farming if I went dark side. Because JRevan was a mistake. He's practically trash tier now when he used to be S tier.

    things always change

    but hes also not trash

    The older characters are slowly becoming irrelevant. He's not trash.....but he's only one update away from it.

    nah
    hello
  • JKR with the kit that he has, & being part of the Jedi faction means he will always be relevant.

    He is also currently used for the most common non-GL counter to SLKR
  • Fatalarousal1
    22 posts Member
    edited April 5
    Engage wrote: »
    I'm trying to increase relic on my Vader for Luke and GAS. He's still r2.
    Maybe I wouldn't have had as many issues farming if I went dark side. Because JRevan was a mistake. He's practically trash tier now when he used to be S tier.

    things always change

    but hes also not trash

    The older characters are slowly becoming irrelevant. He's not trash.....but he's only one update away from it.

    nah

    Yup.....the number of new character squads that can now defeat JKR and DR are growing....that means they are becoming more irrelevant. Sorry. And it will continue unless their kits get re-worked. It's the nature of the game.

    I can put CUP in a SEE squad and he seems relevant. Until I go against another GL.
  • Engage
    246 posts Member
    JKR with the kit that he has, & being part of the Jedi faction means he will always be relevant.

    He is also currently used for the most common non-GL counter to SLKR

    I don't care what anyone says. It is no longer possible to counter SLKR with JKR. Maybe when SLKR first came out but definitely not after the update. I was still unable to beat him with my team even before the update and watching youtube videos on it.
  • Engage wrote: »
    I'm trying to increase relic on my Vader for Luke and GAS. He's still r2.
    Maybe I wouldn't have had as many issues farming if I went dark side. Because JRevan was a mistake. He's practically trash tier now when he used to be S tier.

    things always change

    but hes also not trash

    The older characters are slowly becoming irrelevant. He's not trash.....but he's only one update away from it.

    nah

    Yup.....the number of new character squads that can now defeat JKR and DR are growing....that means they are becoming more irrelevant. Sorry. And it will continue unless their kits get re-worked. It's the nature of the game.

    I can put CUP in a SEE squad and he seems relevant. Until I go against another GL.

    did you know that you can also use toons for offense
    hello
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    Engage wrote: »
    JKR with the kit that he has, & being part of the Jedi faction means he will always be relevant.

    He is also currently used for the most common non-GL counter to SLKR

    I don't care what anyone says. It is no longer possible to counter SLKR with JKR. Maybe when SLKR first came out but definitely not after the update. I was still unable to beat him with my team even before the update and watching youtube videos on it.

    That’s not true at all, I still use that counter. It doesn’t work every time as mods obviously play a big part of it, but it works often enough that I continue to use it as a counter. As for other counters, JKR is key in my JML counter for JMK, JKR is anything but irrelevant.

    Last GAC season.

    hp09jzpngqsl.jpeg
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • crzydroid
    6649 posts Moderator
    Engage wrote: »
    JKR with the kit that he has, & being part of the Jedi faction means he will always be relevant.

    He is also currently used for the most common non-GL counter to SLKR

    I don't care what anyone says. It is no longer possible to counter SLKR with JKR. Maybe when SLKR first came out but definitely not after the update. I was still unable to beat him with my team even before the update and watching youtube videos on it.

    You need JKL in that comp, which you don't have.
    Sometimes when people mention certain counters/teams, they take it for granted there's a certain level of roster development, but that doesn't mean they're lying.

    If the old school JKR comp is one of your best teams, no, you won't beat everything that's out there. That meta is several years old. But that doesn't mean he's not still useful, even as your roster depth improves.

    Now that you're 4 million gp and have unlocked Hard Conquest, it's probably a good time to consider going after a GL. Finish JKL if you're currently working on him because he's great, but then you can decide if you want to use that to continue to JML or go for someone else.

    I would, however, probably keep relic levels to the bare minimum until you've rounded out some of your teams. Roster bloat doesn't matter for GAC matching in the same way it used to, but you still have limited resources, and having more usable teams is still better than being top heavy for where you are in the game.
  • Engage
    246 posts Member
    I'm currently only getting relics on characters needed for prereq. I just need to get Vader to r3-5 and I'll have Luke.
    I don't know if the store availability was changed but I haven't seen certain equipment I need for a few weeks now. I get it's random/rng based but I used to have something useful I could purchase every day. It is slowing down my progress greatly.
  • no theres been no store gear changes lately
    hello
  • Engage
    246 posts Member
    edited April 5
    I guess none of the characters I'm working on need anything from the shard shop. But certain items no longer show in there for me. Like the Mk 3 Stun Cuffs and Mk 5 Thermal Detonators
  • Engage wrote: »
    I guess none of the characters I'm working on need anything from the shard shop. But certain items no longer show in there for me. Like the Mk 3 Stun Cuffs

    that slot is shared by several things

    i bought some yesterday
    hello
  • The title of this thread is a misnomer, as a Galactic Challenge would be impossible only if no one was able to complete it.

    Should’ve been “not able to complete with my roster”…

    At which point most people would say that you just gotta build your roster up to get max rewards in the future. Some Galactic challenges you’ll get max box, some you won’t. That’s just the nature of them.
Sign In or Register to comment.