Viable End-Game Leaders?

Ace97302
182 posts Member
I'm a relatively new player on a server where the top folks are just passing level 50. I currently place 1st most days with the occasional 2nd place finish (I think most of the other top players have different prize allocation times).

Right now, I'm using Phasma as my leader, but it sounds like she's a second-tier option as the game progresses. Rather than dumping resources into her now, I'd like to start building up a better late game leader.

There are tons of posts about Dooku and QGJ teams. Who are the other top-tier leaders at level 70 and beyond? By the way, I have a deep bench, so I'm open to any potential team composition.

Replies

• Right now, Dooku and QGJ are the two I face the most. Phasma could become top-tier once again with the new combat changes coming later this month.

TL;DR No need to worry about what others are doing, just form the team you want. I still grab #1 with my droid team on an old server even though everyone says droids are dead. :)
  • Thanks for the advice. I agree that it's most fun to play with the toons you prefer. With that said, it's hard to know how they evolve. Previewing the stats doesn't always tell the whole story.

Who do you use for your droid team?
  • For a droid team i always played with HK for the turn meter. Soon will be 50% more for each critical... Another good future leader will be Greedo for Scoundrels (Landoooo) and Im waitin for Niebit, crossing fingers for a good leadership
  • KamikazeRhombus
    1412 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    I also use HK lead. If everyone survives the first wave of attacks before Poe taunts then the extra turn meter keeps them going and usually win.
    Post edited by KamikazeRhombus on
  • QGJ and Dooku are generally regarded as the best two. Fortunately, if Dooku is leader you probably still want QGJ on your team and if QGJ is leader you still want Dooku. So I'd say to farm both and then decide for yourself between those two.
  • You can check out how they look as they grow on SWGoH Cantina as well. It's been a pretty handy tool for me.
  • Thanks for all the tips. I was under the impression that Poggle was the only viable leader for a droid team with all the speed teams running around. Glad to hear rumors of HK's death were exaggerated!
  • Droids are dead. Arena huge bullseye on you on a mature server. Get ready to spend on maxing out refreshes and hope you have a lot of time for battles. Wake up dropped to 67 overnight. I have my defense team dialed to rarely drop below 25...
  • Dawg run what makes you happy. I use to run Phasma Lead Kylo Sidious Fives and I'd switch the fifth around so much. I would usually be in the fiftys. I eventually switched to Dooku and was the first in my server to reach rank 1 at payout with Dooku lead, and that was a day after switching. and it seemed that everyone soon followed. Maybe he'll get nerfed maybe he wont. But oh well. Another leader I'm interested is, is Boba. + 50 crit damage and +10 crit chance when maxed at 80. And with the rework of advantage doing guaranteed crits if I remember correctly then he'll be pretty crazy..
    So leaders rn, Dooku, QGJ, possibly HK for droids, Ackbar on Rebels? And Rex for clone team. Which would mostly be Rex lead Fives Sergent guy phasma and a fifth. Maybe a hard hitter or Mr.Jedi killer Dooku. Or Phasma if you have Maybe kylo in your team and/or FOTP.
  • If you can't get your hands on a high star Yoda, Dooku is the only way to go as of this moment. The only feasible counter to him (that works somewhat regularly) is a QGJ lead with Yoda. I am guessing if they were going to nerf him, they would have already done it. AI dodge is way out of whack so you end up getting dodged ~50% of the time and it's gg.

Or you can be cool and never level up Dooku like the select few of us. #neversellout
  • Predian
    615 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Many teams can beat a well built Dooku squad. I've done it with Ima, qgj, and Rex teams on a regular basis. Others do it with Phasma, night sisters, Sid, Akbar and ewoks.
  • QGJ and Dooku are generally regarded as the best two. Fortunately, if Dooku is leader you probably still want QGJ on your team and if QGJ is leader you still want Dooku. So I'd say to farm both and then decide for yourself between those two.

Seriously though. Formulating a team without either is I'll advised
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Dookus dominance dies at level 72. QG is faster, Yoda is faster, Ashoka is faster. Rey gets faster I think by 80 once you get the unibtanium gear piece.

So even if Dooku double stuns if QG and Yoda have gone someone is dead already.
  • Salgado9
    529 posts Member
    Greg1920 wrote: »
    Dookus dominance dies at level 72. QG is faster, Yoda is faster, Ashoka is faster. Rey gets faster I think by 80 once you get the unibtanium gear piece.

Very true. Noticing this. It'll stop once reworking is completed.
  • LordAlvert
    1193 posts Member

Anakin and even Eeth are faster. Sorry dooku...
  • LordAlvert
    1193 posts Member
    Predian wrote: »
    Many teams can beat a well built Dooku squad. I've done it with Ima, qgj, and Rex teams on a regular basis. Others do it with Phasma, night sisters, Sid, Akbar and ewoks.

Yes, yes you have.
  • I would like to say Nute, but even before they fix (nerf) his leadership ability, the Nute/Lando combo was only mediocre against real teams.
  • Mazurka
    961 posts Member

Yea running QGJ yoda Anakin GS and Rey. Unfortunately Ahsoka just doesn't OHKO enough for my taste. It is very good against Dooku on offense, my friend faced my defense and said it was pretty deadly. I wish AI yoda would always use tenacity up tho. Those stuns catch up to you on the second turn.