CG_Tusken_Meathead
352 posts EA Community Manager
edited April 2022
[Developer Insights - Kit Reveal ]
6246ki2uwacn.jpg

UNIT NAME: Outrider
ALIGNMENT: Light
CATEGORIES: Support, Cargo Ship, Rebel, Scoundrel, Smuggler
A daring Rebel Support that increases the Download of allied ships.

ABILITIES:

BASIC: Illegal Laser Cannons
uor8ptau2r0d.gif

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage 3 times to target enemy and inflict Critical Damage Down for 2 turns.

SPECIAL 1: Concealed Concussion Missiles (Cooldown 4)
5q2mosh884q2.gif

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage 5 times to target enemy and dispel all buffs on them and inflict Target Lock for 2 turns, which can't be resisted. Each instance of damage reduces the target's Defense by 5% for the rest of the encounter, which can't be resisted. Rebel allies gain 5% Turn Meter for each critical hit.

SPECIAL 2: Emergency Repairs (Cooldown 3)
k0l0ac5i10ec.gif

FINAL TEXT: All Rebel allies recover 20% Health and Protection and gain Speed Up and Tenacity Up for 1 turn. All Rebel allies' Download progress is increased by 20%.

Download: Progress starts at 0% and is increased by 1% whenever a Rebel ally scores a critical hit, tripled if it's their turn; requires 100% Download Progress to activate

UNIQUE: Critical Intel

FINAL TEXT: Outrider gains 60% Critical Chance and the granted ability Data Transmission until it is defeated.

Data Transmission: Limit one use per battle. (Granted Ability)

Dispel all debuffs on all Rebel allies, and they recover 50% Health and Protection. Grant all Rebel allies Suprosa Supercomputer for the rest of the encounter, which can't be copied, dispelled, or prevented

Suprosa Supercomputer: Gain 100% Critical Chance and an additional bonus based on the ship's role
  • Attacker At the start of turn, dispel Stealth and Taunt from all enemies and inflict Defense Down for 1 turn on a random enemy
  • Tank All Rebel allies recover 10% Health and Protection whenever this ship receives damage
  • Support At the start of turn, inflict Target Lock for 2 turns and remove 20% Turn Meter from a random enemy

Reinforcement - Undocumented Modifications

Enter Battle: All Rebel allies gain 20% Download progress for each Rebel Reinforcement called in by the allied Rebel Capital Ship this encounter. Outrider gains Critical Damage Up for 1 turn.

Replies

• Let's gooooooooooooo
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    Ryanh1315 wrote: »
    Let's gooooooooooooo

Wooooooooooooo
  • Gurken
    59 posts Member
    Why? This doesn't really help the fleet problem. Rebels already had a full fleet + extra. Give us ships for the incomplete fleets!
  • Ugh, I actually need to get Dash now? :'(
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    SiDuke wrote: »
    Ugh, I actually need to get Dash now? :'(

I know that pain, I'm working on them now too haha
  • Let’s go baby!!
    Ally Code 285-115-111
  • Gurken wrote: »
    Why? This doesn't really help the fleet problem. Rebels already had a full fleet + extra. Give us ships for the incomplete fleets!

As with all things swgoh... money!
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    Clash2Far wrote: »
    Let’s go baby!!

insert dance dot gif
  • Which ability is the pilot ability?
  • petersont79
    291 posts Member
    edited April 2022
    Can this ship enable a Home One led fleet to one-shot the Executor?
    No, but it should help it hold its own against many other fleets it couldn’t previously.

Someone needs to tell CG Home One already 1 shots certain Executor line-ups or did they not get the memo???
  • What does “download” do?
  • When you reach 100% download progress, what does it give?or what does download progress do?
  • vegoman
    48 posts Member
    Did the full kit not download?
    It doesn't say what happens at 100% download.
  • From the Dev Insights:
    "Unique Attributes:
    Data Transmission: New Download mechanic - Each Crit Hit adds 5%, once at 100% you can activate the ability"

But the kit above says 1%, tripled if it's their turn.
  • IvoB1987
    494 posts Member
    It doesn't tell anywhere what download actually does
  • Perfect. Now Raven's Claw pretty please? :p
  • Ryanh1315
    122 posts Member
    edited April 2022
  • How about actually mentioning who the pilot is and what download does? This appears to be half finished.
  • The kit does not define the effect of Download progress.
  • Gale_Toral wrote: »
    From the Dev Insights:
    "Unique Attributes:
    Data Transmission: New Download mechanic - Each Crit Hit adds 5%, once at 100% you can activate the ability"

But the kit above says 1%, tripled if it's their turn.
    What ability? And what does it do?
  • I'm guessing you need to use Download in conjunction with Data Transmission to activate the effects, but I'd be curious what the devs say.
  • I never thought Dash would come to the game, let alone the Outrider. I'm so happy right now.
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    Darth_Viel wrote: »
    When you reach 100% download progress, what does it give?or what does download progress do?

Crit Hit = Download Percentage increase
    100% Download = Ability to activate Suprosa Supercomputer
  • AM2Rainman wrote: »
    I never thought Dash would come to the game, let alone the Outrider. I'm so happy right now.

Same! They do need to add ships to fill out/construct other fleets though.
  • Darth_Viel wrote: »
    When you reach 100% download progress, what does it give?or what does download progress do?

Do you need to activate Data Transmission with the Outrider prior to activating Download then?
  • Download: Progress starts at 0% and is increased by 1% whenever a Rebel ally scores a critical hit, tripled if it's their turn; requires 100% Download Progress to activate

is the 100% download progress supposed to activate Data Transmission? I don't see it specified in the kit.
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    Ryanh1315 wrote: »

Do you need to activate Data Transmission with the Outrider prior to activating Download then?

From what I understand, Download is passively increased as you score Crit Hits
  • Ryanh1315 wrote: »

From what I understand, Download is passively increased as you score Crit Hits

Right, I understand, but Data Transmission is a granted ability that you have to activate first, correct?
  • Ryanh1315 wrote: »
    AM2Rainman wrote: »
    I never thought Dash would come to the game, let alone the Outrider. I'm so happy right now.

Same! They do need to add ships to fill out/construct other fleets though.

True, but some of the rebel ships do well under any lead. They just don't get the added benefits. The main thin is their abilities are pretty broad, unlike this ship which basically requires every other ship in the fleet to be rebel in order to gain the benefits.
    I'm not saying it solves the problem, but it's not really hurting either, IMO. It does take a step in the right direction.
  • Ryanh1315
    122 posts Member
    edited April 2022
    mesa176750 wrote: »
    Download: Progress starts at 0% and is increased by 1% whenever a Rebel ally scores a critical hit, tripled if it's their turn; requires 100% Download Progress to activate

is the 100% download progress supposed to activate Data Transmission? I don't see it specified in the kit.

Here's how I imagine this is supposed to work (Devs can correct me if this is wrong):

1) Rebel allies build up the Download ability via crits and Outrider's abilities (assumes Outrider must be in battle to make progress towards Download).

2) Once a Rebel ship gets Download to 100%, Outrider can activate Data Transmission, and all Rebel ships gain the effects of Suprosa Supercomputer.