Omicron Ability Update: Jyn Erso

Prev1
CG_Tusken_Meathead
353 posts EA Community Manager
edited April 2022
In an upcoming Update we will be adding an Omicron ability tier to Jyn Erso’s kit!

Jyn Erso's new Omicron tier added to their Fierce Determination Unique ability lifts up the Rogue One squad to be a viable option in Territory Wars.

Old Final Text: Jyn is immune to Stuns and gains 10% Potency each time she scores a Critical Hit.

New Final Text: Rogue One allies are immune to Buff Immunity. Jyn is immune to Stun and gains 10% Potency each time she critically hits an enemy.

While in Territory Wars: Rogue One allies gain 30% Max Health and Potency and 20 Speed. Whenever a Rogue One ally's buff expires during an enemy's turn, Jyn gains 10% Turn Meter. If all allies are Rogue One at the start of battle, whenever Jyn critically hits an enemy, all allies recover 10% Health and gain an additional bonus depending on their role.

Attacker: Gain Critical Damage Up and Offense Up for 2 turns

Tank: Gain Critical Hit Immunity and Taunt for 2 turns

Support or Healer: Gain Evasion Up and Speed Up for 2 turns

IN ADDITION!

The Zeta tier of her Unique, Fierce Determination, has also received an update. Rogue One allies are immune to Buff Immunity in all modes with this upgrade!

Replies

• SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited April 2022
    There’s gotta be something planned for the future for Rogue One cuz ain’t no way this is worth it.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Yup
  • SemiGod wrote: »
    There’s gotta be something planned for the future for Rogue One cuz ain’t no way this is worth it.

Most folks have rogue one characters geared up already for their ships. They were/are also used with MM so this just gives them a more stable home IMO. Better than being homeless!
  • maybe people would care to waste an omi on her if it was for GAC
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited April 2022
    Jpfit262 wrote: »
    SemiGod wrote: »

Most folks have rogue one characters geared up already for their ships. They were/are also used with MM so this just gives them a more stable home IMO. Better than being homeless!

Depends on if they’re decent with the omicron for modern TW, otherwise they’ll still be homeless in all character game modes
  • HK22
    645 posts Member
    While the omicron isn't really enticing, I do appreciate the nice little buff to her zeta.
  • Wasn't the requirement for early omi that they were gl requirements? Where's Tusken Raider's omi?
  • Monel
    2784 posts Member
    As with zetas, not all omicrons are equal. Look at your current level of competition, so of them seem to be meant for earlier game players while others are more designed for end game players.
  • Celoth
    24 posts Member
    I'd take this in a hearbeat if it was for GAC. This is the top character I've wanted an Omi for. Jyn's lead was *so much fun* to use back in the day, but quickly became irrelevant when CLS dropped.
  • Monel
    2784 posts Member
    b37daj3ijpaa.gif
  • Is SRP a Rogue One character? He likes being immune to Buff Immunity… although Shock still exists.
  • Winterwolves
    1723 posts Member
    edited April 2022
    At least her zeta isn't just terrible anymore.

But also, boo for tw omicrons. So ineffective, unless a whole guild goes in on it.

I wish Rouge One got a GAC boost.
    Post edited by Winterwolves on
  • But also, boo for tw omicrons. So ineffective, unless a whole guild goes in on it..

I have news for you - you can use squads with TW omis on offence in TW
  • LordDirt
    4986 posts Member

SW Andor show coming soon so who knows what we get.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • LordDirt wrote: »

I’d definitely like to see Cassian get a touch up or rework to his unique ability like Jyn did here. K-2 I’m not as sure about.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    LordDirt wrote: »

Yeah that’s what I’m thinking too
  • You guys needa make omicrons more viable.
    I propose that omicrons work in either PVP (like TW, GAC, arena, etc) or PVE (like TB, Conquest, galactic challenges, etc). Would make them all way more interesting and valuable to invest in.
  • But also, boo for tw omicrons. So ineffective, unless a whole guild goes in on it..

Which top tier or GL teams do you suggest this will make Rouge One teams able to beat? Or teams rebel fighters will beat that they can't already? Keep in mind half her omi can't benefit a MM team, as MM is not Rogue One.

I don't see any other types of teams in TW any more. Full walls of GLs or CLS, GAS, Drevan. Maybe the odd Phasma Omi wall. Where shall I use Jyn? Against the occasional easier team? I have plenty of b teams for that.

Earlier game players might find use for it, if they don't want their Omis to stay useful into the later game.

Maybe more things will be released to make this worth while.
  • The biggest problem here is Omi or no, there is no way my G8-11 Rogue-One team is going up against anything my guild sees in TW.

This reminds me of Phoenix where its useless in TW but would have had a home, maybe, in back row of GAC.
  • If all allies are Rogue One at the start of battle, whenever Jyn critically hits an enemy, all allies recover 10% Health and gain an additional bonus depending on their role.

This last part is extra painful because it stops you from really using this under a MM team w/ all Rogue-1, if that was an option for you even.

I just don't see this getting ANY use unless its for whales or day-1 players that have a Relic'd Rogue-1 team just sitting around w/ nothing to do & Omi's to spare.
  • i really am fine with omis i can ignore
    hello
  • Devian
    669 posts Member
    huge hope for Saw Gerrera
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Devian wrote: »

Yeah I’m feeling maybe Saw Gerrera soon too. Plus we all know about the inevitable update to Bodhi Rook that will make him GL tier. Sometimes I like to forget that they gave him away for free in a data pack for the DVD release of Rogue One
  • ElKenobi
    5 posts Member
    edited April 2022

Hi, friend.
    Sorry to write here.
    I am trying to report this player for weeks. It is evident that he is cheating in the fleet arena of some sort. We are several who have reported it in the game, but there is no solution. Please this guy should be punished. It is impossible that with that Chimera and Separatist ships he can legally defeat the 7 star executors and with a 9 relic pilot.
    Post edited by ElKenobi on
  • Pryrates wrote: »
    Where shall I use Jyn?

vs GG Walls

You mean in a MM team? So no use for the omi still.

I look forward to your video showing a full rogue one team that can deal with a relic GG team.
  • Pariah_Anchorite
    836 posts Member
    edited April 2022
    Nihion wrote: »

Yeah I’m feeling maybe Saw Gerrera soon too. Plus we all know about the inevitable update to Bodhi Rook that will make him GL tier. Sometimes I like to forget that they gave him away for free in a data pack for the DVD release of Rogue One

All this. With this omicron, I see rebel GL coming to mirror the incoming inquisitiorious GL. Saw would be a great candidate. And let’s not forget the character that will make him shine - Bor Gullet!!! Finally a light side isolate like Traya!! If not, you can pay me for the idea in in 330 Saw and Bor shards.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member

All this. With this omicron, I see rebel GL coming to mirror the incoming inquisitiorious GL. Saw would be a great candidate. And let’s not forget the character that will make him shine - Bor Gullet!!! Finally a light side isolate like Traya!! If not, you can pay me for the idea in in 330 Saw and Bor shards.

Gonna be pretty hard to mirror an Inquisitor GL considering there isn’t one even coming to the game.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member

There is no incoming Inquisitor GL. Grand Inquisitor has been confirmed to be a Legendary, and there are no other Inquisitors who would deserve GL ranking.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Sacred_Chao
    25 posts Member
    edited April 2022
    But also, boo for tw omicrons. So ineffective, unless a whole guild goes in on it..

Which top tier or GL teams do you suggest this will make Rouge One teams able to beat? Or teams rebel fighters will beat that they can't already? Keep in mind half her omi can't benefit a MM team, as MM is not Rogue One.

I don't see any other types of teams in TW any more. Full walls of GLs or CLS, GAS, Drevan. Maybe the odd Phasma Omi wall. Where shall I use Jyn? Against the occasional easier team? I have plenty of b teams for that.

Earlier game players might find use for it, if they don't want their Omis to stay useful into the later game.

Maybe more things will be released to make this worth while.

Your reply is amousing. I never wrote anything that says this omi is good to kill GL or meta teams.

You wrote TW omis are "So ineffective, unless a whole guild goes in on it." - what is so wrong and lacking any creativity how to use the tools of this game efficient.