Kevinli99, Keltar, Laden Bin, Remnants, kocoman, kapitan y4ora, Zheka, DarthAkade, Cakoni, Zidan

Prev1
Also: globalisation predicted, Behelit, Jeck, Ret, Jaded, Electronic 455, Brom, Leavzou

Anyone on my shard? I'm Laden Bin currently sitting at #3 five hours after my payout (UK BST timezone). I think I'm the only one in my timezone in the top 20 haha.

Replies

• Brom
    236 posts Member
    Options
    @thirdd3gree you're very brave for using poggle lead.
  • Options
    Brom wrote: »
    @thirdd3gree you're very brave for using poggle lead.

Why do you say that haha?
    I'm a droid team lol. I need Geonosian for the speed so I have a chance, and you need a poggle lead with geo. Considering I can still get #1 at my payout (albeit with no competition at that time) I say it's fine. What rank do you finish at generally?

To be fair it is quite hard for me to beat Dooku teams. I'm hoping with the speed bonus you QGJ leads will wipe Dooku leads off the face of the earth.
  • Brom
    236 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I find hk47 teams are much harder to beat because of the tm gain on crit strike.
  • Brom
    236 posts Member
    Options
    I think Jeck is in my time zone. I sniped #1 from him today o:)
  • Options
    I find hk47 teams are much harder to beat because of the tm gain on crit strike.

But the turn meter gain isn't worth it because you'll kill 88 and probably 86 too now. Whereas with GS at least you can go before Luminara and sometimes qgj if he's not leader.
    I think Jeck is in my time zone. I sniped #1 from him today o:)

Earlier I saw him at #4 then I saw him at #1 a bit later (this was after his payout if you say so). Why on earth was he going for number 1 when his payout had passed? Do people not realise you gain nothing from attacking top 5 outside of your payout? All the teams in the top 15 or so can beat each other on offense. We can all easily be top 5 in our respective payouts, but if people are just gonna ruin it and attack outside of their payout then it won't work.
  • thirdd3gree
    25 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    This **** **** Jeck just attacks anyone whenever. Absolute **** ****

edit: Got unnecessarily angry, it was only at #16 and #11 :tongue: still got #1 that day haha
    Post edited by thirdd3gree on
  • Brom
    236 posts Member
    Options

Did he snipe you at your pay out time?
  • Options

Did he snipe you at your pay out time?

Lol it was one hour before my payout (6pm BST). I was #16, challenged him at #11 and won. Came back 10 mins later to see he'd taken #11 back. I challenged him then lost (and I got really angry, hence the response above :P). Waited, then challenged #13, then #9, then #5, then #1, winning them all (eventually). He was at #7.

I remember when I challenged #1 (PowerSink, the guy who runs Yoda, Old Ben and Eeth Koth, level 73) I switched from Poggle lead to HK and won it convincingly. It was funny, it was about 6:57pm and I could challenge someone for 50 crystals to secure my #1, but I figured no one is on my timezone so I risked it and it worked.

I was #1 for a while until recently I've gone down to #5. I have 1 challenge left, so I'm gonna use it on someone whose payout isn't near. I might do that later, and I'm going to bed in about 5 hours time so if for whatever reason you need me to help you with something I can do it within then. (If you're at like #8 and I'm still #5, I can try and take #4 and then you take #4 easily, or whatever you want). Just saw you're at #30 lol, got a big jump to do haha, good luck!

• Brom
    236 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah I'll have to refresh arena with crystals.
  • Zdun
    16 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Hey guys, Zdun here. You probably have seen me around EST payout time. Laden Bin, I must say I have to agree with Brom in saying that you are one of few to still use a droid team, although you tend to be decently successful with it. In the current meta of QGJ and Dooku leads, droid teams have largely been phased out. QGJ teams are particularly strong against droids since you can usually kill 86/88 with assists before poggle or poe even do their first move, let alone the droids themselves. I don't remember if you run poe, but my point stands. This is my alt account (my main is in a mid-late December shard with same IGN), but the meta is almost identical on both my shards. In my other shard, there are only two droid teams left in the top 100, when prior to speed changes they were fairly common in the top 10-20.

Also I really wish I changed my time zone to one of the oceanic ones before account creation, since EST tends to be very competitive :(
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Options
    Zdun wrote: »
    Hey guys, Zdun here. You probably have seen me around EST payout time. Laden Bin, I must say I have to agree with Brom in saying that you are one of few to still use a droid team, although you tend to be decently successful with it. In the current meta of QGJ and Dooku leads, droid teams have largely been phased out. QGJ teams are particularly strong against droids since you can usually kill 86/88 with assists before poggle or poe even do their first move, let alone the droids themselves. I don't remember if you run poe, but my point stands. This is my alt account (my main is in a mid-late December shard with same IGN), but the meta is almost identical on both my shards. In my other shard, there are only two droid teams left in the top 100, when prior to speed changes they were fairly common in the top 10-20.

Also I really wish I changed my time zone to one of the oceanic ones before account creation, since EST tends to be very competitive :(

Hey man! Yeah droids haven't been the best recently, but this is also my alt (main started in Jan) and I wanted to see what it was like with droids. I've been #1 at my payout pretty much everyday this week (BST, UK) - no one else is on that timezone I don't think which helps a lot haha. There are 3 other droid teams in our shard, kapitan, Globalisation and zidan, all of whom seem to place top 10 at their payouts.

I'm actually very successful on offense with droids (maybe 75% win). I prefer fighting QGJ because I can kill him in one shot with GS, 88 might be dead but I've still got 86 to also one shot someone else. I HATE dooku leads (no offense lol). The amount of dodges you guys get is ridiculous. I think his leader ability should just be granted to other sith and everyone else gets half or something.

Watch out for next week with the protection update - I'm probably gonna be bringing back HK instead of Poggle and **** is gonna hit the fan my friends. I also have a few other tricks up my sleeve...

Also I spoke to kevinli99 on Reddit. He's pretty cool. Zdun what characters are you working on right now?
  • Options
    (Obviously there are some other droid teams in our 100 but those 3 are the ones I can remember off the top of my head)
  • Zdun
    16 posts Member
    Options
    I'm actually very successful on offense with droids (maybe 75% win). I prefer fighting QGJ because I can kill him in one shot with GS, 88 might be dead but I've still got 86 to also one shot someone else. I HATE dooku leads (no offense lol). The amount of dodges you guys get is ridiculous. I think his leader ability should just be granted to other sith and everyone else gets half or something.

I definitely agree that droid teams are still extremely powerful on offense, but they have lost their glory on defense. With the poe nerf and the speed fixes, droid teams are easier to beat when they are on defense, especially when compared to dooku and QGJ teams. Now with QGJ lvl 7 leadership ability, that is even more the case and they are also contesting dooku leads since ahsoka, yoda, and GQJ all outspeed dooku now. That really explains why we had a shift back to QGJ across the board in the top 25 or so these last 2-3 days.

Watch out for next week with the protection update - I'm probably gonna be bringing back HK instead of Poggle and **** is gonna hit the fan my friends. I also have a few other tricks up my sleeve...

I am actually really curious what will happen after the balance changes. The dooku/GQJ meta is stale and not really fun to play against. Unfortunately, since this is a new(er) shard we won't have the squad diversity as our mains may and adapting to the shift may be painful. I am personally hoping for a meta where first order characters are strong.

Also I spoke to kevinli99 on Reddit. He's pretty cool. Zdun what characters are you working on right now?

Awesome! I have to see if I can find him there. I have been lurking both on these forums and reddit, but never actually contributed or paid attention to who was posting. Hopefully our rivalry in the eastern time zone won't strain our ties. I personally don't get too upset about getting sniped since that is just how the arena system works in this game.

As for my characters, I am trying to finish off 7* dooku in squad cantina and working on daka in cantina shipments. In arena shipments I am finishing ST-Han and phasma in GW. For LS/DS hard modes I am doing RG, rey, FOTP... all of which will take an eternity to get up to a reasonable star count :(. I will probably look into other characters as well after the update.
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Options
    Hi guys! Electronic 455 here!

My payout timezone is GMT+7. Usually i take down darth akade/ kachrok 4pda/ brian yin at 17.00 right after their payout time because between 17.00-18.00 im driving home from work. Thanks for these guys for not attacking me right after their payout time. Guess we have mutual understanding :*
  • Options
    Zdun wrote: »

Awesome! I have to see if I can find him there. I have been lurking both on these forums and reddit, but never actually contributed or paid attention to who was posting. Hopefully our rivalry in the eastern time zone won't strain our ties. I personally don't get too upset about getting sniped since that is just how the arena system works in this game.

As for my characters, I am trying to finish off 7* dooku in squad cantina and working on daka in cantina shipments. In arena shipments I am finishing ST-Han and phasma in GW. For LS/DS hard modes I am doing RG, rey, FOTP... all of which will take an eternity to get up to a reasonable star count :(. I will probably look into other characters as well after the update.

Nice! I am working on a FO team on my main. Can't wait to see the changes. I also don't mind getting sniped if the other person is also in the same timezone. Otherwise it really annoys me haha
  • Options
    Hi guys! Electronic 455 here!

My payout timezone is GMT+7. Usually i take down darth akade/ kachrok 4pda/ brian yin at 17.00 right after their payout time because between 17.00-18.00 im driving home from work. Thanks for these guys for not attacking me right after their payout time. Guess we have mutual understanding :*

Hey man!

Yeah our shard has a pretty good mutual understanding at the top. My payout is GMT +1 at 7pm. I remember I was #5 and I challenged #1 and won (his payout was later I think), then I saw he attacked #2 not long after. He could definitely have beaten me for #1 (I'm droids), but he knew my payout was soon and I respect that!

I'm lucky no-one else is in my timezone, I think Cakoni and PowerSink have their payout an hour before mine, and Ret an hour before them, (or maybe they just stay top 5 for a long time haha). Either way, I'm thankful no-one attacks me at #1 in my payout!

What characters are you working on electronic?
  • Options
    Lol i love that Powersink guy. Based on my observation , he is a whale/dolphin who likes to be on top rank whenever he played but only on 2/3/4 and give other player chance to be on top.

Im still working on my *6 dooku and savage. 4* anakin (my fave), rey, RG, hoarding my cantina token till next week update before i decide.

Btw nice to meet u and u can call me john ;)
  • Options
    Wow. That was EXTREMELY frustrating. I was #2, PowerSink was #1. Waiting for cooldown, I realised I had just 1 minute 50 seconds before payout when the match began. It surprisingly went quite well for me, but realised at 40 seconds left till payout I needed to speed things up so I put it on auto and clicked on who to attack. Got down to his Old Ben and Lumi vs my 86 and Poggle. about 30 seconds left till payout. Lumi dies. But Old Ben keeps dodging every other attack and he has so much HP. When the payout comes (I had a timer set, so the alarm goes off), literally 1 second later I killed Old Ben.

So I'm #1 now but only got #2 rewards :(
  • Brom
    236 posts Member
    Options
    Wow. That was EXTREMELY frustrating. I was #2, PowerSink was #1. Waiting for cooldown, I realised I had just 1 minute 50 seconds before payout when the match began. It surprisingly went quite well for me, but realised at 40 seconds left till payout I needed to speed things up so I put it on auto and clicked on who to attack. Got down to his Old Ben and Lumi vs my 86 and Poggle. about 30 seconds left till payout. Lumi dies. But Old Ben keeps dodging every other attack and he has so much HP. When the payout comes (I had a timer set, so the alarm goes off), literally 1 second later I killed Old Ben.

Were you using poggle lead? Hk47 is much more effective against speed teams.

I always put the battle on auto after I kill 2 guys on the enemy team. Just remember to select target after you press auto.
  • Options

Were you using poggle lead? Hk47 is much more effective against speed teams.

I always put the battle on auto after I kill 2 guys on the enemy team. Just remember to select target after you press auto.

Yeah poggle lead. I tried using HK today for a bit but much less success lol. I still won the fight with poggle, it was just that it was too late.
  • Options
    Alright guys I've switched back to an HK lead for now, let me know what it's like for you guys when you attack me. I'll see if I can identify any weaknesses in your teams :)
  • Brom
    236 posts Member
    Options
    Is str challenge doable for you guys? They're so hard to kill now. I can kill veers but then tarkin wrecks me with his ability.
  • Zdun
    16 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I really wish I had these characters, because I think the most infuriating team to go up against in the new meta will be Dooku lead, Daka, RG, 5s, and chewie/ST-Han. Stuns+evades+insanely high effective health could probably time out arena games considering the ridiculous amount of protection stat on tanks. Daka's stun will only get better. It is hilarious that a good number of SLOW characters got nerfed in this patch, not to mention GS made it through unscathed. Swap out chewie/ST-Han perhaps for GS, but the turn meter manipulation+5s slows+stuns for days should be sufficient. Dooku should never get touched either.
    Is str challenge doable for you guys? They're so hard to kill now. I can kill veers but then tarkin wrecks me with his ability.

Apparently that is not entirely intended and they are working on fixing it.
    (https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/4etenl/strength_challenge_balance_ridiculously_off/d238bmi)
    Glad I got mine out of the way this morning.
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Options

Same as Zdun, I finished mine way before the update. Apparently killing a droid then tarkin then a droid then veers worked best.
  • Zdun
    16 posts Member
    Options
    Getting 12 wins in GW has never been so frustrating... took me almost 2 hours today and I have only failed to get 12 wins twice across both accounts since December. 5s will make you pull your hair out as it shreds through all of your characters protection, unless you use daka. I really hope they make some more balance readjustments and soon, because I really don't want to sit in front of my phone playing this game for 3-5 hours a day.
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Brom
    236 posts Member
    Options
    I've completed 51 GW so far (maybe I was lucky?). One thing I learned was that you can't leave fives for last. It's better to kill him second to last.
  • Zdun
    16 posts Member
    Options
    I just only hit him during daka stuns after numerous resets on 8th node. My main is breezing through still, but I have ~15 usable characters for GW, whereas this acc has only 8-9. Today was my 60th clear.
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Brom
    236 posts Member
    Options
    Last node in my GW today
    XRPFlHb.jpg

It's nice to not see sid in GW node but look at that cookie cutter team.
  • Zdun
    16 posts Member
    Options
    I should have screenshotted my last node on my main. All lvl 75, 7*, max geared (with precrafts) Rex(L), 5s, aayla secura, old ben, plo koon. That gear level 10 greedo though.
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Options
    **** I'm not looking forward to doing my GW today haha, at least they said they're gonna fix it soon.