4/27 update notes….lots of information missing.

2Next

Replies

• BeralCator
    790 posts Member
    Was there ever a fix/nerf to the Farmboy Luke omicron? It was promised before TW, but I haven't see any further info.
  • DarjeloSalas
    9944 posts Member
    BeralCator wrote: »
    Was there ever a fix/nerf to the Farmboy Luke omicron? It was promised before TW, but I haven't see any further info.

They changed the TM gain to 20%.

Info has not been forthcoming, but the kit is updated in game.
  • flux_rono
    2112 posts Member
    Magruffin wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Whats so odd about starting conquest on May 4th

Its May 4th, nothing more to it than that imo

Conquest has started first Monday of the month...so there's that.

not always, when it first launched it was sometimes in the middle.
    it likely is just because its star wars day.
  • wildnz
    254 posts Member
    Double drops 4th and 5th May. Again some us get screwed with 5hrs notice where as other timezones get 24. There is a calendar as well , and a pack for 5k crystals that gives 330 shards of one of the inquisitors , SK toons or other newer ones (one unit not one from each of those).
  • flux_rono
    2112 posts Member
    wildnz wrote: »
    Double drops 4th and 5th May. Again some us get screwed with 5hrs notice where as other timezones get 24. There is a calendar as well , and a pack for 5k crystals that gives 330 shards of one of the inquisitors , SK toons or other newer ones (one unit not one from each of those).

A hint for the future: every May 4th and i think Nov 24th there are going to be double drops, special calendars, events, etc.
    also don't expect CG to care much for timezones. i know its not fun, but i doubt they will consider it,they plan around there timezone not the "furthest" time zone (i probably said that bad sorry). id recommend following the datamine pages to get a heads up on more random events before CG announces them

(IMO those character packs for 5000 crystals are really only worth it for a newish player or returning player that doesn't have most of them. otherwise its super likely you would have most characters to 7* and you wouldn't want to pull them again.)
  • wildnz
    254 posts Member
    Yeah don't worry we are used to second guessing despite zero comms, so saw this coming. Doesn't make it ok. As a reference ,here is last year's communication , in April.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/244212/road-ahead-april-2021#latest
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator

Yes but

May the 4th
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member

Yes but

May the 4th

Didn't start on May 4th last year.

pointingathead.gif
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    edited May 2022

Yes but

May the 4th

So instead of celebrating May 4th with fun and glory, they decided to dump those repetitive, grindy feats upon us again

Feels like when Empire day fell on Ezra's birthday
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    zatho wrote: »

Yes but

May the 4th

So instead of celebrating May 4th with fun and glory, they decided to dump those repetitive, grindy feats upon us again

I mean that's how you view conquest but that's not what conquest is
  • StarSon
    7405 posts Member
    flux_rono wrote: »

The stated cadence is "the first of the month." This was changed without an updated to the stated cadence to be the first Monday of every month.

Obviously doing anything in this game on May 4th can make sense, but it is a deviation from the precedent.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »

The stated cadence is "the first of the month." This was changed without an updated to the stated cadence to be the first Monday of every month.

Obviously doing anything in this game on May 4th can make sense, but it is a deviation from the precedent.

Why are people so stuck on precedent? Things change.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • StarSon
    7405 posts Member
    LordDirt wrote: »

I didn't say they couldn't, was just correcting Ultra on the fact that no cadence existed. And taking another opportunity to point out that it CG is bad at communicating anything.
  • zatho
    747 posts Member

I didn't say they couldn't, was just correcting Ultra on the fact that no cadence existed. And taking another opportunity to point out that it CG is bad at communicating anything.

Well in that case they did communicate the start on May 4th
  • zatho
    747 posts Member

Yes but

May the 4th

So what is conquest then, if not repetitive feats?
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member

Yes but

May the 4th

Conquest is a game mode that rewards (usually) a very solid and powerful unit to the game. The gear and other materials are lackluster for 2 weeks of the game mode.

The game mode play itself is going against enemies through 5 sectors with random stats given we have no access to view their arbitrary stats. The variance of those enemies we face is incredibly limited and repetitive. To help us along the way we get data disks that are completely random and highly duplicated. One player may get amazing data disk drops while many others get some that serve no use.

The way to obtain those rewards also is tied into incredibly repetitive and grindy feats made worse with stamina of our units and a very high energy cost per battle.

So yes, conquest is a grindy and repetitive game mode in nature. How would you view it?
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator

correcting Macgruffin you mean, they did communicate this conquest will start at May 4th so i don't see a bad communication from CG on this conquest's launch

Since they literally communicated it
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator

Yes but

May the 4th

So what is conquest then, if not repetitive feats?

People might not agree, but its seen as a challenging and exciting game mode, that challenges you to do your best using the full depth of your roster to earn a premium unit, something players look forward to playing

So it makes sense to me the next run of Conquest starts on May 4th

Or at least that is the goal for the game mode

Although, the player experience may or may not align with it, but you are letting your personal feelings take hold of it

Before i retired from the game, I did enjoy looking forward to conquest, even if some feats were grindy, contrary to popular belief, and CG themselves aren't viewing it as a "boring chore game mode"

Looking from the outside, without any bias, objectively, makes sense to me if they decided to launch Conquest on May 4th if they consider this game mode as something that players like to play or look forward to
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

Yes but

May the 4th

Conquest is a game mode that rewards (usually) a very solid and powerful unit to the game. The gear and other materials are lackluster for 2 weeks of the game mode.

The game mode play itself is going against enemies through 5 sectors with random stats given we have no access to view their arbitrary stats. The variance of those enemies we face is incredibly limited and repetitive. To help us along the way we get data disks that are completely random and highly duplicated. One player may get amazing data disk drops while many others get some that serve no use.

The way to obtain those rewards also is tied into incredibly repetitive and grindy feats made worse with stamina of our units and a very high energy cost per battle.

So yes, conquest is a grindy and repetitive game mode in nature. How would you view it?
    Its not how we view it, its how CG views it

Do they think its a good game mode that players look forward to it? Yes, then it makes sense to launch it on May 4th

Personally, I think its grindy at times, and too long at times
  • wildnz
    254 posts Member
    edited May 2022
    In order to launch conquest on May 4th for all players it would need to start now (it's 10am on the 4th now) for me in New Zealand and not for 16hrs in some other places. That would mean we get access to the new units earlier that could have other consequences. I think it was Cat we had 2-3 hrs after unlock to gear before the GaC join ended(?). Either way I don't think conquest starting on May 4th would make me feel better or worse about SWGOH on May 4th. It's a two week long event after all.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member

Yes but

May the 4th

Do they think its a good game mode that players look forward to it? Yes, then it makes sense to launch it on May 4th

CG views it as a way to grab tons of cash by utilizing FOMO (fear of missing out) and by making players spend in frustration. What they’re doing as a by product is burning out their player base and their spenders. Even if you spend big on conquest, they’re failing to keep it fresh and exciting. Are people excited about Malgus? Absolutely! Are they excited how they’re going to unlock him thorough 3 months of grinding and repetitive game play? No lol
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator

Yes but

May the 4th

CG views it as a way to grab tons of cash by utilizing FOMO (fear of missing out) and by making players spend in frustration. What they’re doing as a by product is burning out their player base and their spenders. Even if you spend big on conquest, they’re failing to keep it fresh and exciting. Are people excited about Malgus? Absolutely! Are they excited how they’re going to unlock him thorough 3 months of grinding and repetitive game play? No lol

Again this is your experience and opinion on the game mode, not facts

you are feeling burnt out
    Its not fresh to you
    Its not exciting to you

FOMO has to be in the game to encourage and incentivize players to have a goal, as a player, I liked chasing after premium units so that I would have a roster advantage in GAC, the game would be pretty boring and aimless if you don't have anything to chase and every toon was handed out to everyone

Having toons locked behind hard work (which ends up being FOMO) isn't a bad thing, it just makes unlocking that unit all the more gratifying imo
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    People might not agree, but its seen as a challenging and exciting game mode, that challenges you to do your best using the full depth of your roster to earn a premium unit, something players look forward to playing

So it makes sense to me the next run of Conquest starts on May 4th

Or at least that is the goal for the game mode

Although, the player experience may or may not align with it, but you are letting your personal feelings take hold of it

Before i retired from the game, I did enjoy looking forward to conquest, even if some feats were grindy, contrary to popular belief, and CG themselves aren't viewing it as a "boring chore game mode"

Looking from the outside, without any bias, objectively, makes sense to me if they decided to launch Conquest on May 4th if they consider this game mode as something that players like to play or look forward to

Well if we read the player's sentiment, they don't achieve the goal and they don't even try. It is not exciting anymore and they make it worse and worse.
    Sad to hear that you retired. May I ask why? Was it to time consuming or not fun anymore?
    I understand that you now regard Conquest from an outside perspective, but IMHO it is more important how it feels to the players who actually play it.
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    The gift inbox was nice, it contained stuff we really need at the moment. Thanks for that :-)