3 Days, ZERO Ship Arena Wins: Stuck at 26

Past 3 days I have had ZERO wins in ship Arena and am stuck at 26. It's not the # that 'concerns' me but rather that, no matter which capital ship/squad I use I cannot win. NOTHING. Another bug?

Replies

• mariogsh
    786 posts Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Sorry, but how the lack of skill or possible unknowledge of the ship kits and their interactions is a bug?
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    It isn't.

OP, if you would like some help then give us some information about your fleets and the opponents you are facing. swgoh.gg profile links are best.
  • Options
    mariogsh wrote: »
    Sorry, but how the lack of skill or possible unknowledge of the ship kits and their interactions is a bug?

There is zero skill in the game lol stop kidding yourself. Lack of knowledge is probably the culprit or very low relic levels
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    Lebronaims wrote: »

There is zero skill in the game lol stop kidding yourself. Lack of knowledge is probably the culprit or very low relic levels

Knowledge is skill.

Fortune cookie said so.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • mariogsh
    786 posts Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Lebronaims wrote: »

Weird... focusing X or Y unit in Z situation is not "skill"? Ok

That should explain why there are counter guides
  • Options
    I wouldn’t say I’m super skilled but have had 1 loss in fleet arena in 2 months. OP is definitely using flawed tactics, flawed ships, and/or flawed crew.
  • Rius
    364 posts Member
    Options
    Skill is doing something well, saying that we need to know if the OP has ever exceeded above this level. And if there fleets are capable. It took me a while but I get rank 1 most days in my shard. I would say a bug affecting a single player is very unlikely. But a lack of understanding in why you may be losing may feel like a bug. If your fleets are inferior, perhaps you do not get a turn? Or lose too many units before your turn?

Above 20 and even more above 10 is going to be the most levelled players in the shard, who are experienced and invested in the best fleet teams. Dependant on when you started these may be neg or mal. And over time more executors will show up.

Basic tips try to avoid mirrors. Neg vs mal and mal vs neg is easier than say Neg vs Neg. Even rebels takes out neg easier than a slower neg. I have one really good fleet and therefore have to mirror. To increase success invest in high relic pilots for speed if you need to mirror try to go first. Splice pilot mods to 6 dot. If you lose a battle look at that opponent, check speeds. In top 20 the players can be pretty static there may be some you can beat more than others. I look for stepping stones to rank 1 the players I know I can beat who’s payouts are before me.

Look at specific counters plenty of videos which shows how to manipulate turn meter for success. These also show the RNG which can ruin your attempt and the more you level up the less this RNG impacts your outcome. Even with the most investment bad RNG can ruin your attack, it’s best to figure out how. For instance when my JKA is targeted by a spy from mal I didn’t initially understand why he was attacked whilst I had a tank taunting. Once I figured the mark out I could bring in Plo for a cleanse. Knowledge and experience helps.

If you can show us your fleet vs a fleet you are losing too maybe we can give specific pointers.

• Options
    I feel your pain. In the past two days I've gone 0-10 going first in R9 vs R9 mirror matches. I'm 2-8 as they typically target my Razor Crest and it's game over. This game is stupid.
  • Rius
    364 posts Member
    Options
    Do you have contact in your shard? May be able to ask for them to switch outside of their payout time?
  • Options
    Past 3 days I have had ZERO wins in ship Arena and am stuck at 26. It's not the # that 'concerns' me but rather that, no matter which capital ship/squad I use I cannot win. NOTHING. Another bug?

Nah... No bug here, you just bad...
  • Rius
    364 posts Member
    Options
    Daerovius wrote: »

Could try to be more constructive, to be able to improve it’s good to be able to ask questions. It’s not great when people assume a bug is the reason they are losing, but when I lose I quite often think somethings wrong if it’s beyond my current understanding until I dig deeper and figure out what I am missing.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Rius wrote: »

Could try to be more constructive, to be able to improve it’s good to be able to ask questions. It’s not great when people assume a bug is the reason they are losing, but when I lose I quite often think somethings wrong if it’s beyond my current understanding until I dig deeper and figure out what I am missing.

So you're saying no bug, you're just bad?
  • Options
    The only info provided is where they say it doesn't matter what capital ship they use. That hints that it is not a shard with executors yet, or it would just be a comment about using different ship comps under the one meta capital ship.

No way to give advice or help to the op in this thread, except to say there is no bug that is stopping every single possible ship combo from working.
  • Options
    Here is the SWGOH.gg of the OP:

https://swgoh.gg/p/516812931/

Looks like they're using Nego + fairly standard GR (HT as starting tank, Han's MillFalc as the only non-GR reinforcement).

IF you want to keep using Nego vs. Nego (I wouldn't, but if that's what you want...)
    One problem is that you're using 2 5-dot mods on their r8 GK, which might be allowing the other Nego to go first (I'm not sure about that, but I could check whether that makes a difference...). I remember being pretty frustrated with some Nego-Nego mirror matches when that was the thing.

And I just checked: My r8 GK has 191 speed, your r8 GK Nego has 190 speed... so, YEP... those 2 5-dot mods are making a difference. Replace those mods and you'll have a 50/50 chance of going first. Without it you will always go 2nd to an r8GK with 6x 6-dot mods.

I would win matches where I went second, but it wasn't easy. There was a high loss rate. So... I would recommend getting a full set of 6-dot mods and also watching videos on how to mirror Nego when you're slower. It won't work every time, but even if it works 40% of the time (and I think that's fairly doable. I'm pretty sure I was better than that, though I don't remember for sure) that should be 2 wins per night, on average, even if you lose every single coin-flip for going first.

But to be perfectly honest, I wouldn't use Nego in mirror matches anyway.
    Your Hyena bomber and Vulture Droid are both less than 7*. I would work on them as fast as you can, but even with those less than 7* you should be able to beat Nego pretty handily using your separatist fleet since your Geos are so great.

Start your 6-star Hyena, your 5-Star Vulture, and your r4 SunFac. Put the other 2 Geos in reinforcements with your IG-2000. Maybe your Hyena gets chewed up quickly sometimes, but that should be a good win rate right there, and when you hit 7* on your Hyena you should be winning 98/100 or more. You should only lose when you get dodges multiple turns in a row, or your most important debuffs just won't land.
  • AlexanderG
    1928 posts Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    OP- upload a video of a battle or two.
    Post edited by AlexanderG on
  • Rius
    364 posts Member
    Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »

Please do not try to be smart or funny by putting words into my mouth. I did not say bad, they are still in top 50’s comfortably out of 1000 in a shard, that’s still good and shows potential in their fleets. But to get further for the higher payouts requires more levelling and/or knowledge. And I prefer to provide some advice from when I was stuck in the top 20 bracket than dismissing someone as “bad”.

• CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

Please do not try to be smart or funny by putting words into my mouth. I did not say bad, they are still in top 50’s comfortably out of 1000 in a shard, that’s still good and shows potential in their fleets. But to get further for the higher payouts requires more levelling and/or knowledge. And I prefer to provide some advice from when I was stuck in the top 20 bracket than dismissing someone as “bad”.

Guess it depends on your definition of bad then. To me, that's the literal definition.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    I'd also recommend ETA, ITF, Fives if you insist on doing mirrors. It might allow you to go first more often. If your ITF is fastest, you use the special on whoever, then hit their Anakin with your Fives, he does his AoE and boom. Your Nego goes first.
  • Options
    LOL - some crazy 'replies.' Been #1 in ships a bunch: quite odd to not win a battle no matter the squad makeup - but finally did win. Now at 18.
  • Rius
    364 posts Member
    Options

Guess it depends on your definition of bad then. To me, that's the literal definition.

Top 5% is well above average and generally deemed good. Maybe check a dictionary for the actual definition 👍.

• Options
    It is skill, relic levels and mods. Turn order matters. My 5* Executor made it up to #11 last night (and has been every night. It COULD be the R9 Bossk). Been playing 6 Years. Of course I drop like a rock all day back to #28. It is just the game giving you some really good RNG inserted into a random cavity to make your days more joyful playing SWGOH.
  • thedrjojo
    953 posts Member
    Options

Top 5% is well above average and generally deemed good. Maybe check a dictionary for the actual definition 👍.

1000 in the shard, most shards have less than 50 active accounts
  • MasterSeedy
    5038 posts Member
    Options
    thedrjojo wrote: »

Look, there's more than 7 Billion people that I'm better than, and don't get me started on the cephalopods. There's not a single squid or octopus ranked as high as I am in this game.

Top 5%? Psh. I'm better than the top 0.01%
  • Ghost666
    328 posts Member
    Options
    thedrjojo wrote: »

Well...i cant get below 150 or so...BUT i am not sure if those other 149 are active...some seem "frozen"...i just cant beat them :)
    (either GL in squads or 7* Neg in ships...i have neither :) )