No news about May the fourth?

Replies

• zatho
    747 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »
    zatho wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Wasn’t that announced like a week ago ? I can’t remember where but i read about the 2 days double drop last week. Not sure if it was a message in game, a forum post or something else.

Isn't even more bad, then? They announced it already on forums and it was in datamine a day before the ingame notification appeared? So why don't they also announce it ingame earlier? It is no secret and if you click it away you won't miss it when double drops are live

Yeah, seems weird to have not done the in-game yesterday. But not surprising that CG is bad at communication.

Also a bummer that the rewards this year are so much worse than last year.

I guess the reward is that Darth Malgus made it into the game
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    Anyone who isn't brand new to the forums should know by now that (a) double drops have been happening in may and november and (b) datamines will tell you most everything you need to know ahead of time.

Is that ideal? No. But it is what it is.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • So just to clarify, right now the rewards for May the 4th are
    -Double drops for two days
    -A free calendar that gives you 5 shards for capital ships.
    And the May the 4th Plus Package is
    - A pack that offers 330 shards of a random character for 5000 crystals. [side note: for any other game you would be able to pick the character, especially considering that the players with this many crystals likely don't need most of the characters.]

Are we getting an inbox full of gear and resources like normal?
    Maybe their gift will be a long post communicating things like the next phase of the gear economy changes. That would be the greatest gift they could give outside of double ship drops.

• zatho
    747 posts Member
    Xtreme_777 wrote: »
    So just to clarify, right now the rewards for May the 4th are
    -Double drops for two days
    -A free calendar that gives you 5 shards for capital ships.
    And the May the 4th Plus Package is
    - A pack that offers 330 shards of a random character for 5000 crystals. [side note: for any other game you would be able to pick the character, especially considering that the players with this many crystals likely don't need most of the characters.]

Are we getting an inbox full of gear and resources like normal?
    Maybe their gift will be a long post communicating things like the next phase of the gear economy changes. That would be the greatest gift they could give outside of double ship drops.

Careful. They could make a long post and explain what gear change "will come the next month or so"
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    SemiGod wrote: »
    Can I collect it for free tomorrow?
    ln077q1lbkio.png

Lol 1 omicron

Yeah really
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Wasn’t that announced like a week ago ? I can’t remember where but i read about the 2 days double drop last week. Not sure if it was a message in game, a forum post or something else.

Isn't even more bad, then? They announced it already on forums and it was in datamine a day before the ingame notification appeared? So why don't they also announce it ingame earlier? It is no secret and if you click it away you won't miss it when double drops are live

Yeah, seems weird to have not done the in-game yesterday. But not surprising that CG is bad at communication.

Also a bummer that the rewards this year are so much worse than last year.

Is this really it?
  • Kripty
    202 posts Member
    So technically, what we get ON May 4th is 5 GG shards and double drops? Doesn’t seem right.. there has to be a mail gift surely?
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    Kripty wrote: »
    So technically, what we get ON May 4th is 5 GG shards and double drops? Doesn’t seem right.. there has to be a mail gift surely?

Where did you get 5 GG shards from?
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

For most of us the calendar is just shard shop currency. I guess they will us it for GG shards.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • Kripty
    202 posts Member

The calendar, the way my calendar is timed I’ll get 5 shards of GG on May 4th.
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member

Ah right, there is 5 GG shards in there.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member

The whole calendar is a May 4th gift.
  • LastJedi13
    108 posts Member
    That 5000 crystal card is really tempting. It states equal probability across characters.
  • Kripty
    202 posts Member

My post states “ON” May 4th.

• Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    LastJedi13 wrote: »
    That 5000 crystal card is really tempting. It states equal probability across characters.
    Rather less tempting if you have 23/28 characters at max stars already.

Most importantly though:
    HOW MANY CWC SHARDS ARE WE GETTING?!??? :D
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member

My post states “ON” May 4th.

Sure then, if you ignore the other days for the calendar that given to us for May 4th, you're right I guess.
  • emoore123
    261 posts Member
    Forget may 4th. I want rewards for Revenge of the Fifth!
  • TargetEadu
    1546 posts Member
    The SWGOH Events server has a datamine for a reward message, but doesn’t know the contents. It’s weird that there’s no official communication though.
  • My guess it is a free digital copy of “The Last Jedi”
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    It’s weird that there’s no official communication though.

It’s not weird it’s normal, even when we had 2 CMs and not 0.5, we still barely knew what was going on.
  • Kripty
    202 posts Member
    Can anyone tell me when the double drop rewards starts and when the 25% extra shards starts.. and will it be one of those silly deals where you have to buy a shard pack before you get the extra 25%
  • thedrjojo
    953 posts Member
    Can anyone tell me when the double drop rewards starts and when the 25% extra shards starts.. and will it be one of those silly deals where you have to buy a shard pack before you get the extra 25%

Double drops start 12am your game time (ie, when your daily reset is)
  • Wolfcast1e
    526 posts Member
    edited May 2022
    Guess you guys are happy now that the clone wars chewie shards have been confirmed for tomorrow.
  • Jpfit262
    545 posts Member
    Wolfcast1e wrote: »
    Guess you guys are happy now that the clone wars chewie shards have been confirmed for tomorrow.

Confirmed where?
  • Kripty
    202 posts Member
    Jpfit262 wrote: »

Confirmed where?

New post in announcements.

I am.. I mean here it’s already the 4th 10:30am, so you know kinda still a little late for the announcement
  • LordDirt
    5001 posts Member
    Happy almost May the 4th Holotable Heroes!

A glorious day and time in the Star Wars Universe as well as Galaxy of Heroes! (Which movie/show/book/comic/LEGO Sets/etc are you going to enjoy today!?)

Now let’s get down to business, starting with the FREE STUFF!

Here are the contents of the GRAND inbox message of free things!

New Portrait
    New Title
    Credits
    Ship Building Materials
    Relic Mats
    Signal Data
    Mod Slicers
    Zeta Mats
    Shards
    Clone Wars Chewbacca (x3)
    Moff Gideon (x5)
    The Armorer (x5)
    Dark Trooper (x5)
    Hunter (x5)
    Tech (x5)
    Wrecker (x5)
    Echo (x5)
    Omega (x5)
    Fennec Shand (x5)
    Dash Rendar (x5)
    Kyle Katarn (x5)
    Mara Jade (x5)
    Darth Talon (x5)
    Iden Versio (x5)

Free 14-day Calendar
    Focused on Capital Ships and Pilots
    Gives Omicron on last day

Event
    2-Day Double Drop
    Dates: 5/4 - 5/5
    All modes

Inquisitor Marquee Events
    Re-running from Second Sister, Ninth Sister, Seventh Sister, and Eighth Brother from 4/28 to 5/10
    Extended Fifth Brother to end on 5/10

BUNDLES AND DEALS

Character Trove Pack
    Focused on newest Marquee releases from Cara Dune (2020) to Fifth Brother (2022)
    Awards 330 shards for randomly selected character
    Purchase limit 1

Ship Trove Pack
    New pack, includes up to Outrider but excludes capital ships
    Purchase limit 2
    Awards 150 blueprints for a randomly selected ship

Crystal Promo
    25% Bag of Crystals
    25% Box of Crystals
    25% Chest of Crystals

Galactic Relic Upgrade Bundle

Kyber Omega Materials Bundle

NEW May the 4th Gear Cargo I

NEW May the 4th Gear Completion

NEW May the 4th Gear Cargo II

NEW May the 4th Finishers

NEW Inquisitor Squad Bundle & Pack
    Second Sister, Ninth Sister, Seventh Sister, Eighth Brother, Fifth Brother

NEW May the 4th Omicron Bundle

NEW Premium 14-Day Calendar
    Focused on Inquisitors

Galactic Legend Chase Bundles
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • So there's no gear listed as part of the inbox gift. I hope that's just an oversight because it'd be a bummer if not
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    So there's no gear listed as part of the inbox gift. I hope that's just an oversight because it'd be a bummer if not

It's consistent with last year.

But they added an omicron mat!
  • TVF wrote: »
    So there's no gear listed as part of the inbox gift. I hope that's just an oversight because it'd be a bummer if not

It's consistent with last year.

But they added an omicron mat!

Ah looks like you're right, I must've been thinking of the November gifts. That's too bad but fair enough
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    So much for the biggest day in the year for sw. Guess we are all thought to be ok with junk on the biggest day in sw for the year.

Oh and yea, more packs and inquisitors
    Yeaaaa