40 wins each with Sith Empire & Old Republic?

Prev13
MasterSeedy
4995 posts Member
edited May 2022
That's 4x day for 10 days. Each.

Back to grind for grind's sake: no thank you. I'm noping out of Conquest again because CG is determined to make the game mode anything other than fun. Seriously, CG, what do you think is fun about setting timers 4x a day for 10 days in a row to use teams that can't win anything without the right data disks, which means constantly doing paperwork-shuffling to get the right disks on for the right teams, multiple times per day?

No.

It's not fun. I don't care what the rewards are: the purpose of a game is to have fun. Try, really TRY, to remember that for next conquest.

I'm out for 3 months.

Replies

• CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    It's not about fun. It's about money.
  • MasterSeedy
    4995 posts Member
    If they don't make it fun, they won't get my money.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    If they don't make it fun, they won't get my money.

Did you see the reward? That is all you need to know.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • MasterSeedy
    4995 posts Member
    Did you see where I said, and I quote:
    I don't care what the rewards are: the purpose of a game is to have fun.

I really, literally don't care what the rewards are if the event isn't fun. I'm not grinding for it.
  • That's 4x day for 10 days. Each.

Back to grind for grind's sake: no thank you. I'm noping out of Conquest again because CG is determined to make the game mode anything other than fun. Seriously, CG, what do you think is fun about setting timers 4x a day for 10 days in a row to use teams that can't win anything without the right data disks, which means constantly doing paperwork-shuffling to get the right disks on for the right teams, multiple times per day?

No.

It's not fun. I don't care what the rewards are: the purpose of a game is to have fun. Try, really TRY, to remember that for next conquest.

I'm out for 3 months.

Where did you see the feat list?
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member

I really, literally don't care what the rewards are if the event isn't fun. I'm not grinding for it.

Fair enough, glad you can just have fun with this game as others take it very seriously.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    That's 4x day for 10 days. Each.

No.

I'm out for 3 months.

It's been datamined. The folks on the events server have posted it.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member

You don't care and won't spend or grind. Lots of others do care and will both spend and grind.
  • That's 4x day for 10 days. Each.

No.

I'm out for 3 months.

THANKS
  • MasterSeedy
    4995 posts Member
    edited May 2022
    @LordDirt
    @StarSon also.

I know. I actually feel worse for them.
    Someone was recently commenting on my "oddly relic'd roster" -- and it's true. I tend towards Pokemon, and even when i don't, I tend to relic the toons I need to relic for whatever is my current goal. It doesn't lead to maximizing teams (or toons) very often. But I play to do the challenges I want to do, and have far more fun that way.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »

You don't care and won't spend or grind. Lots of others do care and will both spend and grind.

Yep. Then I'll see you on the other threads crying about how terrible the game is/devs are.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    @LordDirt
    @StarSon also.

I know. I actually feel worse for them.
    Someone was recently commenting on my "oddly relic'd roster" -- and it's true. I tend towards Pokemon, and even when i don't, I tend to relic the toons I need to relic for whatever is my current goal. It doesn't lead to maximizing teams (or toons) very often. But I play to do the challenges I want to do, and have far more fun that way.

I used to take this game too seriously and it took them taking crystals away from SA for me to step back and relax. Now I have 85k in crystals saved up and just play them game my way. I just collect everything to 7* and if I win in GA then cool but if I dont I dont even sweat it. CG broke me and it cost them $.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »

Yep. Then I'll see you on the other threads crying about how terrible the game is/devs are.

And we will see you defending CG tooth and nail lol.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

Well if someone gonna throw money at conquest over and over then turn around complain about the game...
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member

Well, not real sure what that has to do with anything? I didn't contradict that just now.

Also, I rarely complain about the actual game, just the devs.

Well if someone gonna throw money at conquest over and over then turn around complain about the game...

And I haven't ever spent money on Conquest, so not sure what that has to do with anything here either.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member

Well, not real sure what that has to do with anything? I didn't contradict that just now.

Also, I rarely complain about the actual game, just the devs.

And I haven't ever spent money on Conquest, so not sure what that has to do with anything here either.

I used "you" generically... referring to those who continue to do something and expect a different result.

Second quote wasn't even a reply to you.
  • So I have a choice of chasing the inquisitor kills and purge feats or walking away and just getting t6 chest.

I only need 60 interceptor shards so t6 works there. If I buy the new character shards I lose about 4500 crystal in gear but since I will save about 2k not chasing t7.
    That reduces it to about 2500 crystal lost gear and the difference between the t6 and t7 rewards which is mostly some mod mats which are no longer desperately needed.

Looks like I get a less stressful next 3 conquests because the losses in no way justify trying to rush to acquire a full inquisitor squad as that would cost much much more. Crystal and money are worth more spent elsewhere.
  • On another note. Does anyone think CG realizes that they just significantly decreased the value of their conquest pass which was already a waste?
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    On another note. Does anyone think CG realizes that they just significantly decreased the value of their conquest pass which was already a waste?

Actually they increased it. Pretty sure you can get 7* with 2 gold and 1 red create if you buy the $10 pass.
  • StarSon wrote: »
    On another note. Does anyone think CG realizes that they just significantly decreased the value of their conquest pass which was already a waste?

Actually they increased it. Pretty sure you can get 7* with 2 gold and 1 red create if you buy the $10 pass.

But that again assumes the person bought enough of the inquisitors to get red crate.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member

But that again assumes the person bought enough of the inquisitors to get red crate.

Not really, since it means you don't need good Inquisitors until the July Conquest, buying you an extra 2 months to work on them, which should be plenty of time to have them at 7*.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member

Not really, since it means you don't need good Inquisitors until the July Conquest, buying you an extra 2 months to work on them, which should be plenty of time to have them at 7*.

So you can spend now for the option to wait and spend more later.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member

So you can spend now for the option to wait and spend more later.

Always.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Ok, so the last Conquest was nearly good just because it awarded a mediocre ship. F(orce choke) this S(ith). If my guild didn't depend on me as a leader, I would be out by now. Might yet be, if I find a replacement.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    Why do people always freak out about this game? If you have to have something day one then you more than likely will have to spend money. Otherwise, just get the new shiny item a little later. This is the way it has been and always will be. Accept it or move on.
  • Kripty
    202 posts Member

I used to take this game too seriously and it took them taking crystals away from SA for me to step back and relax. Now I have 85k in crystals saved up and just play them game my way. I just collect everything to 7* and if I win in GA then cool but if I dont I dont even sweat it. CG broke me and it cost them $. @LordDirt

I did the same things, if you take it too seriously then it takes out the fun, some people need to just roll the dice and go with it. I’ve know people with spread sheets of data, web pages of helpful links and other helpful programs and they do win but what it’s done to their personal life and marriage is upsetting. Wish more people would relax a little for there own good.

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Why do people always freak out about this game? If you have to have something day one then you more than likely will have to spend money. Otherwise, just get the new shiny item a little later. This is the way it has been and always will be. Accept it or move on.

The thing is that conquest in particular was great at first, but then they ruined it. The last one looked like an improvement, but now they are ruining it again. It's those glimmers of optimism that makes the whole thing worse in the end, and I guess also the reason why people freak out.
  • MasterSeedy
    4995 posts Member
    Yep. It's the backsliding -- making the last one better and then making this one worse -- that got my attention.
  • It will be tough but as long as there is some wriggle room we might be ok.

I have 100K crystals saved up but not sure I want to burn it to bring all inquisitors to 7*

I like this idea!