40 wins each with Sith Empire & Old Republic?

Replies

• LordDirt
    5001 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Why do people always freak out about this game? If you have to have something day one then you more than likely will have to spend money. Otherwise, just get the new shiny item a little later. This is the way it has been and always will be. Accept it or move on.

The thing is that conquest in particular was great at first, but then they ruined it. The last one looked like an improvement, but now they are ruining it again. It's those glimmers of optimism that makes the whole thing worse in the end, and I guess also the reason why people freak out.

They change it to match rewards. It will continue to fluctuate.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Grand total point for feats is 334 keycards right? Isnt red crate 630? Did they close the wiggle room for missing certain feats or is it still the same?

Looking at these feats, they suck some serious lintburgers. :(
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Just don't get the red crate. Easy. This game isn't going anywhere--the character will be around to get later.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Look, look, look--you can go all out and grind and spend and get Malgus in 3 months. Or you can go at a relaxed pace, not spend, and get him in 6 months. In the final analysis, if you're spending to get him faster, what you're really doing is spending to get 3 months of shard shop currency 3 months from now.

Yeah, yeah, yeah--other people will spend and grind and whatever. But who cares? How many people do you think are going to do that? Just let them pay to keep the game afloat and ride their coattails.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • StarSon
    7432 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    Look, look, look--you can go all out and grind and spend and get Malgus in 3 months. Or you can go at a relaxed pace, not spend, and get him in 6 months. In the final analysis, if you're spending to get him faster, what you're really doing is spending to get 3 months of shard shop currency 3 months from now.

Yeah, yeah, yeah--other people will spend and grind and whatever. But who cares? How many people do you think are going to do that? Just let them pay to keep the game afloat and ride their coattails.

Actually, if you get gold crate I’m pretty sure you get him in 4 Conquests. Also, even without 7* Inquisitors it should be possible to get red crate without spending.

But ultimately what you potentially lose is GAC matches (and maybe TW) in the meantime. If it does take you 6 Conquests, that’s 3 months if disadvantage in PVP. Does that matter to you is the question.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »

Actually, if you get gold crate I’m pretty sure you get him in 4 Conquests. Also, even without 7* Inquisitors it should be possible to get red crate without spending.

But ultimately what you potentially lose is GAC matches (and maybe TW) in the meantime. If it does take you 6 Conquests, that’s 3 months if disadvantage in PVP. Does that matter to you is the question.

A few more losses equates to how many crystals? Could I just buy them for less than Malgus costs?
  • StarSon
    7432 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »

A few more losses equates to how many crystals? Could I just buy them for less than Malgus costs?

Not sure. Someone would have to do that math. But if you assume worst case and you always get matched against someone with Malgus and go from 2-1 or 3-0 to 1-2 or 0-3, I would guess total crystal loss over 3 months would be about 10k. That will be less if you get gold crate since you’re only a month behind.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member

Not sure. Someone would have to do that math. But if you assume worst case and you always get matched against someone with Malgus and go from 2-1 or 3-0 to 1-2 or 0-3, I would guess total crystal loss over 3 months would be about 10k. That will be less if you get gold crate since you’re only a month behind.

Doubtful a person goes from 3-0 to 0-3 over Malgus.

We would only consider losses where the opponent has malgus, AND it was a decisive factor. In the first 3 months I think it would be fairly low.
  • StarSon
    7432 posts Member

Doubtful a person goes from 3-0 to 0-3 over Malgus.

We would only consider losses where the opponent has malgus, AND it was a decisive factor. In the first 3 months I think it would be fairly low.

I agree, just saying if you’re trying to calculate the actual cost you have to account for worst case scenario.
  • Miketo28
    205 posts Member
    edited May 2022
    The grind and planning to complete the quests in conquest are not so bad. I actually enjoy slogging through and making progress.
    The absurdity of the speed in the latter levels is what annoys me. How much of a stat boost are the opponent's truly getting when GL's are being out sped?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Miketo28 wrote: »
    The grind and planning to complete the quests in conquest are not so bad. I actually enjoy slogging through and making progress.
    The absurdity of the speed in the latter levels is what annoys me. How much of a stat boost are the opponent's truly getting when GL's are being out sped?

The grind is fine to a point. When you basically have to stay at the stamina limit with some teams and log in to play at specific times during the whole day, it interferes too much with real life and is, in fact, pretty bad.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member

The grind is fine to a point. When you basically have to stay at the stamina limit with some teams and log in to play at specific times during the whole day, it interferes too much with real life and is, in fact, pretty bad.

Just play conquest less and get gold crate, that’s what I’m gonna do since I can’t be asked anymore to red crate after seeing the Midquisitor feats on this chorequest.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    SemiGod wrote: »

Just play conquest less and get gold crate, that’s what I’m gonna do since I can’t be asked anymore to red crate after seeing the Midquisitor feats on this chorequest.

Yeah, I'm probably going to end up doing that. And if it sends me into a death spiral (less GAC crystals -> worse ability to keep up -> even less GAC crystals), so be it. I don't really care anymore.
  • Revanfan
    36 posts Member
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Otherwise, just get the new shiny item a little later.

'a little later'

Like CAT. Only 27 months to get.
  • StarSon wrote: »
    On another note. Does anyone think CG realizes that they just significantly decreased the value of their conquest pass which was already a waste?

Actually they increased it. Pretty sure you can get 7* with 2 gold and 1 red create if you buy the $10 pass.

But that again assumes the person bought enough of the inquisitors to get red crate.

Not really, since it means you don't need good Inquisitors until the July Conquest, buying you an extra 2 months to work on them, which should be plenty of time to have them at 7*.

There is no way anyone could get all inquisitors at 7 stars 2 months from now unless your buying packs. This conquest is for those that bought the inquisitor packs.
  • StarSon
    7432 posts Member
    12thParsec wrote: »
    On another note. Does anyone think CG realizes that they just significantly decreased the value of their conquest pass which was already a waste?

Actually they increased it. Pretty sure you can get 7* with 2 gold and 1 red create if you buy the $10 pass.

But that again assumes the person bought enough of the inquisitors to get red crate.

Not really, since it means you don't need good Inquisitors until the July Conquest, buying you an extra 2 months to work on them, which should be plenty of time to have them at 7*.

There is no way anyone could get all inquisitors at 7 stars 2 months from now unless your buying packs.

Well, that's not necessarily true. Ultimately depends where the last two go. Maybe they both end up in cantina, which is a pretty quick farm at 3x100. Also don't have to have them all at 7* for these feats, depending on how it goes in s5. But kill 50 with Inquisitors can likely be done at g11 if you're stubborn enough, so even having the first 3 at relics should be plenty.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member

There is no way anyone could get all inquisitors at 7 stars 2 months from now unless your buying packs.

Well, that's not necessarily true. Ultimately depends where the last two go. Maybe they both end up in cantina, which is a pretty quick farm at 3x100. Also don't have to have them all at 7* for these feats, depending on how it goes in s5. But kill 50 with Inquisitors can likely be done at g11 if you're stubborn enough, so even having the first 3 at relics should be plenty.

Star…cmon you think that the inquisitors at G11 are gonna do anything in S5?
  • StarSon
    7432 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

No, but very feasible to have the first 3 at 7* for next go-round. And 50 kills is s3, so that should be do-able, and 300 purge is s4... just need some Entrenched and a DV or EP lead, preferably against a Nest or MM/Geo team.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member

No, but very feasible to have the first 3 at 7* for next go-round. And 50 kills is s3, so that should be do-able, and 300 purge is s4... just need some Entrenched and a DV or EP lead, preferably against a Nest or MM/Geo team.

That’s also assuming they don’t have insane overprepared boosts.

The only one reasonable to have 7* is second sister and I’m only just at 6* with her at double refreshes for her node. 9th sister also is meh too and I think it was….7th that just dropped into farming? No way you get her to 7* by this conquests end. More than likely maybe the 3rd conquest? Same with the last 2.

Those feats are what they are. They’re locked for whales making it harder for F2P or those who didn’t whale on inquisitors. The issues is the overly grindy feats the brought back. I get the whole “better unit worse feats” but they can make them more creative and crystal taxed than overly repetitive and boring beyond belief. I have zero excitement to use OR and SE 40 times in S1 to get those feats.
  • StarSon
    7432 posts Member

That’s also assuming they don’t have insane overprepared boosts.

The only one reasonable to have 7* is second sister and I’m only just at 6* with her at double refreshes for her node. 9th sister also is meh too and I think it was….7th that just dropped into farming? No way you get her to 7* by this conquests end. More than likely maybe the 3rd conquest? Same with the last 2.

Those feats are what they are. They’re locked for whales making it harder for F2P or those who didn’t whale on inquisitors. The issues is the overly grindy feats the brought back. I get the whole “better unit worse feats” but they can make them more creative and crystal taxed than overly repetitive and boring beyond belief. I have zero excitement to use OR and SE 40 times in S1 to get those feats.

You are bringing up different issues. Boring, repetitive feats have been complained about since Conquest's inception. CG knows we don't like them. They obviously don't care. Which is unsurprising, since they stopped caring whether we had fun with their game a couple years ago.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator

i think i heard you can skip about 33 keycards or so for top crate so you can skip the S5 feat of winning X battles with full squad and still get red crate
  • StarSon
    7432 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »

i think i heard you can skip about 33 keycards or so for top crate so you can skip the S5 feat of winning X battles with full squad and still get red crate

You can skip 37 according to the datamine. Which means you only *need* 1 of the 4 Inquisitor feats. The Purge feat is the obvious choice.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member

You can skip 37 according to the datamine. Which means you only *need* 1 of the 4 Inquisitor feats. The Purge feat is the obvious choice.

If perseverance data disk drops or the booming voice? (The one that calls assists when leaders use an ability) then that feat becomes incredibly doeable.
  • StarSon
    7432 posts Member

If perseverance data disk drops or the booming voice? (The one that calls assists when leaders use an ability) then that feat becomes incredibly doeable.

Or if you get a Nest node, or an MM node, or a Geo node. Various ways to get multiple Purge per battle.
  • slickdealer
    1801 posts Member
    Purge feat.

Rey Tank Wat + both inquisitor brothers (they have AE purge)

Find a team with no AEs.

You don’t need to win for this feat. Just keep lifeblooding the tank.

Red box for you. You don’t need the other feats.
  • crzydroid
    7296 posts Moderator
    edited May 2022

Are you saying this because of the Patience unique? All allies need to be Inquisitorius for that. So Vader or EP lead won't work.

Also, not entirely sure that unique can even do it, as they are probably inflicting Purge on themselves, and doesn't count as you attempting to inflict.
  • Keydash1
    503 posts Member
    I did gold crates for the Maul conquest. It only delayed unlock by 2 months. It's a totally viable option.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    Keydash1 wrote: »
    I did gold crates for the Maul conquest. It only delayed unlock by 2 months. It's a totally viable option.

You can do it in four instead of five.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • im with OP on this. Conquest is not fun and its designed for lemmings. When the feats are designed like this skill and entertainment have nothing to do with the gameplay of this mode. some people like to be spit on and tortured so to each his own but ill just wait 17months for the reward and keep my dignity.