Currently I have all GL, except LV, but I'm having a hard time deciding what to do with him...
On the one hand I hear everyone shouting he's not that good (ok, I beat him all the time) but on the other hand, he's a GL.
My problem lies with the fact that the next set of GL is kinda due, and I'd rather wait en spend my resources there. Or is it still another 3 months? We don't know.
What would you do?
Conquest toons may not come along with GLs, it's just that one time (twice) it happened. We have one legendary announced, which is the 2nd one? I agree that both Kenobi and Mando are not ready to pop out a gl. I still expect new gls during this summer. Will see.
SLKR is a great first GL to get
To quote the late Darth Maul, “KENOBI!!!”
I just can't see them bringing out a new pair of GLs when they know they would need to easily beat the current 6. The shift to GAC plays along with this as well, as squad arena meta no longer matters. They've created a situation in which you need GL and a good amount of non-GL teams - and this also means they can bring units like Old Boba, Grand Inq, and make them actually usable in different game modes instead of having a hard requirement of them having to beat a GL.
It also makes possible to offer a new GL without making it stronger than the previous ones and tone down the power creep.
Definitely agree with ultra on SLKR; enjoying playing the game again though?
Offensively SLKR is great but he needs armorer and thrawn to make him viable vs jmk and daka and zombie vs LV. If you have those four then it makes SLKR decent but bad for banners. Defensively he doesnt have much viability.
SEE is in the same boat as SLKR but doesn't provide you a fleet.
JMK needs CAT, which is rough if you dont have her. If you have CAT go for JMK.
JML is alright but kind of like SLKR, not great on defense and needs a stronger supporting cast than SLKR.
Rey is ... Rey.
LV is as good as JMK/CAT and doesn't need CAT to be good. Offensively he doesnt need a strong supporting cast and defensively only has a few counters that can get through him. SLKR countering him is the biggest draw back but his reqs will make up for that as it'll give you better options in your roster than the opponent that farmed SLKR.
Or don’t, because I’m probably wrong, but that’s what my gut tells me!
What I tell people is to go for their favorite faction. If their favorite doesn’t have a Galactic Legend, go for the one that needs them as requirements.
I was lucky because I love Resistance and was working on them anyway before Galactic Legends were added. So I had an easy road. But my advice to everyone is that you should go for the characters and teams you like instead of letting the game tell you what to do.
Fortunately for me, my TROVE pack gave me Armourer haha not sure if that changes any of your suggestions.
JML too IIRC
JMK is the only GL he doesn't beat on offense
he can solo most teams, and take out almost any team in the game that isn't JMK + CAT
He is also very strong defensively, and you can easily solo the Sith Raid with him, giving you premium gear to gear up other toons
Given your position in the game where you recently restarted, I think going for SLKR is the best since CAT is out of the question, and JMK is okay without CAT
With CAT/Mace She holds better, but JMK > Rey.
So...Rey is trash?
SLKR was the 2nd best GL in terms of defense holds in GAC (LVs meta squad is first)
Lord Vader still needs DV & Maul (with Thrawn & RG) if u want his best squad defensively, and he requires 4 R8s (probably not something a guy with 0 GLs has readily available)
So I’d say they go with SLKR, plus the fleet is a huge bonus
Not really, anyone who thinks Rey is trash (in game), is probably trash themselves.
Here =/= ingame
Ill pass then.
I was referring to in game instead of the movies, but fair enough lol.
Nothing to add...
What does it matter if he can solo it alone? JMK with toons you will have on the way to getting JMK can solo HSith, and also do upto 1/3 of Cpit phase 1.
don’t u need CAT?
CG does like money so there will be more GLs.
My prediction is Endor Leia and Jabba as the next set.
Here's the logic.
1. We don't have any OT GLs so they probably will do so.
2. Many have asked for a better version of Leia.
3. Most other OT heros and villains are already in game.
4. Jabba is as close to a nemosis to Leia as you can get. (Only major villain she personally kills or fights.
5. People have also been asking for Jabba for a long time too. So there's money to be made.
Now let's look at some recent character releases.
1. Mara Jade. Her backstory had her at Jabba's palace. So she could easily be required for Jabba.
2. Dash Rendar - could be a Leia req.
3. Star killer - he rescues Leia in the force unleashed and starts the Rebellion in legends. Could be req for Leia.
4. Inquisitors - this could be a stretch but if Leia shows up in Kenobi, they could use that as an excuse to make them req for Leia. Similar to bb being req for lv. Or could be unrelated.
5. Old undergeared rebels - farm boy Luke and rogue one characters come to mind but there are plenty that haven't been needed for anything else.
6. Old undergeared scoundrels and bh. We still have enough of those for several possible Jabba requirements.
7. New marques. We could get some new marques for additional requirements as well. Endor han, Carbonite han (required for both), bib fortuna, the rancor keeper, some random rebel that shows up on screen with a young Leia in Kenobi or Andor, ect...
So there's plenty of characters to fill the requirements.
Perhaps a few more marquees too.
I agree that a version of Leia will be the Rebel GL eventually, and Endor Leia makes the most sense unless they opt for something from the EU novels.
But I just don’t think Jabba will be the pair. The key thing is that a Galactic Legend represents the final evolution of a character (Kylo to Unmasked to Supreme Leader; Sidious to Palpatine to SEE, etc) and there’s nothing for Jabba to evolve from in the game.
I’m sure they have something in preparation for this, but I don’t think it’ll be Jabba.
So Lord Vader, the confused and blinded, unskilled, children killer, is the final evolution? Ever heard of Darth Vader?
Also, are you sure Endor Leia is the last evolution for someone who became a freking jedi a few decades later?