Sev'rance Tann: Kit Idea

Zombefyer
586 posts Member
edited December 2022
Shoutout to @Ichiraikou for support
Lore:
Sev'rance Tann was a Force-sensitive Chiss female who left Chiss Space to become a Dark Acolyte and general as Supreme Commander in the Confederacy military during the Clone Wars. She was known for her knowledge of military strategy and military tactics, and she successfully commanded numerous battles during the Clone Wars.

8wyin2nn3akv.jpg

UNIT NAME: Sev'rance Tann

RELIC AMPLIFIER: Lightsaber

ALIGNMENT: Dark Side

CLASS: Support

CATEGORIES: Separatist, Unaligned Force User

Separatist Support who uses her military knowledge to gain an edge over her enemies and is unwaveringly loyal to Count Dooku

Attacks and Abilities

BASIC: Calculated Strike

Deal Physical damage to target enemy and Expose them for 2 turns. If Count Dooku is the Leader, he is called to assist.

SPECIAL 1: Overconfidence (Cooldown: 2)

Deal Physical damage to all enemies, dealing 40% more damage to Galactic Republic enemies, and inflict Offense Down and Potency Down for 2 turns. If Sev’rance Tann has Stealth, this attack can’t be evaded and has +20% Critical Chance. Otherwise she becomes Exposed for 2 turns.

SPECIAL 2: Dark Acolyte (Cooldown: 4)

(ZETA) Dispel all debuffs from Sev’rance Tann and target other Separatist ally and grant them Offense Up and Potency Up for 2 turns, then increase the duration of all buffs on them by 1 turn. Dispel all buffs from target enemy and the strongest other enemy and inflict Force Influence on them for 2 turns, then increase the duration of all debuffs on them by 1 turn. This ability can’t be evaded.

Force Influence: Can’t assist, counter attack, or gain buffs (raid bosses and Galactic Legends: -30% counter chance). Can’t be copied.

UNIQUE: Military Knowhow

(OMICRON) Sev’rance Tann has +30% Counter Chance and recovers 30% Protection whenever she attack outside of her turn. Separatist allies have +20% Max Health, +20% Max Protection, and +20% Health Steal. If Count Dooku is the Leader, all Separatist allies gain 20% Turn Meter whenever any unit uses an ability that isn’t an attack.

While in Territory Battles: Enemies have -40% Défense, -50% Tenacity, and can’t gain bonus turn meter. Sev’rance Tann takes a bonus turn at the start of each encounter. If Count Dooku is the Leader, he takes a bonus turn before each of Sev’rance Tann’s bonus turns, and whenever he gains Riposte, all other Separatist allies also gain Riposte for 2 turns.
Post edited by EA_Mako on

Replies

• Honestly, this kit has a lot of problems in it. In a vacuum, not taking modes or teams into consideration, I'd only say that the basic is too strong while the specials are too weak and situational. Most turns using the basic ability would simply be the best choice. But what really brings the kit's viability down is it's dis-synergy with both Count Dooku and with Dark Side Geonosian Territory Battles. I'll go over it ability by ability, and the end it with a suggested kit of my own.

Basic:
    For the basic. Like I said it's a little too strong. Just calling Dooku to assist already grants him 30% protection and turn meter while also having a pretty high chance of inflicting Stun or Ability Block on the target enemy. That on it's own already makes this ability quite strong. Throw the offense up on top of that, and you've got a basic that's just a better option than any of the specials.
    I actually do like the assist. It works really well with Dooku. But you do have to keep his abilities in mind when designing it, as it simply does too much compared to the specials at the moment. Also, Dooku's Basic can't be evaded, and his unique allows him to deal more damage when he attack's outside of his turn. so the evasion down and damage reduction don't synergise too well with him.

Special 1:
    For the first special. It just does damage. Compared to what the basic can provide in turn meter, protection recovery, and enemy control, that's not exactly impressive. But what really makes this special a bad choice is the expose. Territory Battle is all about surviving multiple waves of enemies. So expose on self is really detrimental there. To be fair thou, it wouldn't be that bad, if there was soemthing in this kit to negate it. But there's no recovery anywhere and no way to prevent the expose. Which makes using this ability, especially in TB, basically a death sentence for this character, instead of for the enemy. You haven't given any cooldowns in this post, but even assuming a cooldown of 2, I would still use the basic ability almost all the time.

Special 2:
    The seconds special, is honestly quite situational. You need a lot of buffs on enemies to make this worth wile. Except if enemies have Tenacity Up. But even then only removing it from 2 enemies isn't going to help that much in most situations. Especially not when measuring up against the effects from calling Dooku to assist. But the biggest problem: Dooku has Shock. He has a lot of powerful debuffs that last for a short duration. But generally, you don't want many buffs on enemies with him. Whereas this ability is only useful when enemies have a lot of buffs on them. It feels like the Dooku synergy is to make up for the fact that it doesn't synergise with him at all, rather than anything else. combine that with it's situational use, and the basic is just better in most cases.

Leader:
    Finally the leader. On it's own outside of TB, it's pretty good actually. +20% speed is strong but not overpowered. A nice offense boost and some situational turn meter gain. But it becomes a problem when TB and Count Dooku are taken into consideration. First of all, if I read this omicron like every other omicron in the game, you're saying that separatist allies have +50% Offense and Speed, and enemies have -80% Defense and Tenacity. I'm assuming that's not the intent.
    But a bigger problem is the synergy with Dooku. Specifically the bonus turn. You'd think that the bonus turn would always be a goo thing, but that's actually not the case. Dooku gains Critical Hit Immunity for 1 turn when he attacks out of turn. The bonus turn makes it so that one expires more easily. Thus giving more opportunities for enemies to hit him without this buff. I already mentioned how important survivability is in TB, so an effect that synergizes so poorly that it actually lowers their survivability is a pretty big problem.
    But the biggest problem, is that it's a lead. In TB phase 4 , there's the Dooku level. Where you need to use separatists to complete a difficult level. Except you are forced to use Dooku as the leader there. Meaning that the one level that could make this Omicron really worth it, it can't be used in. Combine that with the conflict of leadership with Dooku, and there's basically no reason to ever get this omicron.

My suggestion for a kit:
    Now, as for some suggestions. I will say I don't know her. So I am looking at it mostly from a game perspective than a character one. So it is ultimately a suggestion. Do with it what you will.

Sev’rance Tann
    Dark Side, Support (STR), Separatist, Unaligned Force User
    Separatist Support who uses her military knowledge to gain an edge over her enemies and is unwaveringly loyal to Count Dooku.

Basic: Calculated Assault
    FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy and Expose them for 2 turns. If Count Dooku is the Leader, he is called to assist.

Special 1: Overconfidence (Cooldown: 2)
    FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to all enemies, dealing 40% more damage to Galactic Republic enemies, and inflict Offense Down and Potency Down for 2 turns. If Sev’rance Tann has Stealth, this attack can’t be evaded and has +20% Critical Chance. Otherwise she becomes Exposed for 2 turns.

Special 2: Dark Acolyte (Cooldown: 4)
    FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) Dispel all debuffs from Sev’rance Tann and target other Separatist ally and grant them Offense Up and Potency Up for 2 turns, then increase the duration of all buffs on them by 1 turn. Dispel al buffs from target enemy and the strongest other enemy and inflict Force Influence on them for 2 turns, then increase the duration of all debuffs on them by 1 turn. This ability can’t be evaded.

Force Influence: Can’t assist, counter attack, or gain buffs (raid bosses and Galactic Legends: -30% counter chance). Can’t be copied.

Unique 1: Military Knowhow
    FINAL TEXT: (OMICRON) Sev’rance Tann has +30% Counter Chance and recovers 30% Protection whenever she attack outside of her turn. Separatist allies have +20% Max Health, +20% Max Protection, and +20% Health Steal. If Count Dooku is the Leader, all Separatist allies gain 20% Turn Meter whenever any unit uses an ability that isn’t an attack.

While in Territory Battles: Enemies have -40% Defense, -50% Tenacity, and can’t gain bonus turn meter. Sev’rance Tann takes a bonus turn at the start of each encounter. If Count Dooku is the Leader, he takes a bonus turn before each of Sev’rance Tann’s bonus turns, and whenever he gains Riposte, all other Separatist allies also gain Riposte for 2 turns.

Overall it has potential. Just needs some polish. Hope my feedback helps.
  • Zombefyer
    586 posts Member
    edited May 2022
    Ichiraikou wrote: »
    Honestly, this kit has a lot of problems in it. In a vacuum, not taking modes or teams into consideration, I'd only say that the basic is too strong while the specials are too weak and situational. Most turns using the basic ability would simply be the best choice. But what really brings the kit's viability down is it's dis-synergy with both Count Dooku and with Dark Side Geonosian Territory Battles. I'll go over it ability by ability, and the end it with a suggested kit of my own.

Basic:
    For the basic. Like I said it's a little too strong. Just calling Dooku to assist already grants him 30% protection and turn meter while also having a pretty high chance of inflicting Stun or Ability Block on the target enemy. That on it's own already makes this ability quite strong. Throw the offense up on top of that, and you've got a basic that's just a better option than any of the specials.
    I actually do like the assist. It works really well with Dooku. But you do have to keep his abilities in mind when designing it, as it simply does too much compared to the specials at the moment. Also, Dooku's Basic can't be evaded, and his unique allows him to deal more damage when he attack's outside of his turn. so the evasion down and damage reduction don't synergise too well with him.

Special 1:
    For the first special. It just does damage. Compared to what the basic can provide in turn meter, protection recovery, and enemy control, that's not exactly impressive. But what really makes this special a bad choice is the expose. Territory Battle is all about surviving multiple waves of enemies. So expose on self is really detrimental there. To be fair thou, it wouldn't be that bad, if there was soemthing in this kit to negate it. But there's no recovery anywhere and no way to prevent the expose. Which makes using this ability, especially in TB, basically a death sentence for this character, instead of for the enemy. You haven't given any cooldowns in this post, but even assuming a cooldown of 2, I would still use the basic ability almost all the time.

Special 2:
    The seconds special, is honestly quite situational. You need a lot of buffs on enemies to make this worth wile. Except if enemies have Tenacity Up. But even then only removing it from 2 enemies isn't going to help that much in most situations. Especially not when measuring up against the effects from calling Dooku to assist. But the biggest problem: Dooku has Shock. He has a lot of powerful debuffs that last for a short duration. But generally, you don't want many buffs on enemies with him. Whereas this ability is only useful when enemies have a lot of buffs on them. It feels like the Dooku synergy is to make up for the fact that it doesn't synergise with him at all, rather than anything else. combine that with it's situational use, and the basic is just better in most cases.

Leader:
    Finally the leader. On it's own outside of TB, it's pretty good actually. +20% speed is strong but not overpowered. A nice offense boost and some situational turn meter gain. But it becomes a problem when TB and Count Dooku are taken into consideration. First of all, if I read this omicron like every other omicron in the game, you're saying that separatist allies have +50% Offense and Speed, and enemies have -80% Defense and Tenacity. I'm assuming that's not the intent.
    But a bigger problem is the synergy with Dooku. Specifically the bonus turn. You'd think that the bonus turn would always be a goo thing, but that's actually not the case. Dooku gains Critical Hit Immunity for 1 turn when he attacks out of turn. The bonus turn makes it so that one expires more easily. Thus giving more opportunities for enemies to hit him without this buff. I already mentioned how important survivability is in TB, so an effect that synergizes so poorly that it actually lowers their survivability is a pretty big problem.
    But the biggest problem, is that it's a lead. In TB phase 4 , there's the Dooku level. Where you need to use separatists to complete a difficult level. Except you are forced to use Dooku as the leader there. Meaning that the one level that could make this Omicron really worth it, it can't be used in. Combine that with the conflict of leadership with Dooku, and there's basically no reason to ever get this omicron.

My suggestion for a kit:
    Now, as for some suggestions. I will say I don't know her. So I am looking at it mostly from a game perspective than a character one. So it is ultimately a suggestion. Do with it what you will.

Sev’rance Tann
    Dark Side, Support (STR), Separatist, Unaligned Force User
    Separatist Support who uses her military knowledge to gain an edge over her enemies and is unwaveringly loyal to Count Dooku.

Basic: Calculated Assault
    FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy and Expose them for 2 turns. If Count Dooku is the Leader, he is called to assist.

Special 1: Overconfidence (Cooldown: 2)
    FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to all enemies, dealing 40% more damage to Galactic Republic enemies, and inflict Offense Down and Potency Down for 2 turns. If Sev’rance Tann has Stealth, this attack can’t be evaded and has +20% Critical Chance. Otherwise she becomes Exposed for 2 turns.

Special 2: Dark Acolyte (Cooldown: 4)
    FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) Dispel all debuffs from Sev’rance Tann and target other Separatist ally and grant them Offense Up and Potency Up for 2 turns, then increase the duration of all buffs on them by 1 turn. Dispel al buffs from target enemy and the strongest other enemy and inflict Force Influence on them for 2 turns, then increase the duration of all debuffs on them by 1 turn. This ability can’t be evaded.

Unique 1: Military Knowhow
    FINAL TEXT: (OMICRON) Sev’rance Tann has +30% Counter Chance and recovers 30% Protection whenever she attack outside of her turn. Separatist allies have +20% Max Health, +20% Max Protection, and +20% Health Steal. If Count Dooku is the Leader, all Separatist allies gain 20% Turn Meter whenever any unit uses an ability that isn’t an attack.

While in Territory Battles: Enemies have -40% Defense, -50% Tenacity, and can’t gain bonus turn meter. Sev’rance Tann takes a bonus turn at the start of each encounter. If Count Dooku is the Leader, he takes a bonus turn before each of Sev’rance Tann’s bonus turns, and whenever he gains Riposte, all other Separatist allies also gain Riposte for 2 turns.

Overall it has potential. Just needs some polish. Hope my feedback helps.

This helps a great deal. Hopefully, this character will encourage players to play, or replay, 'Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds'. Basically, 'Star Wars'-version of 'Age of Empires'
  • Seeing as there is already a Sep Droid team under General Grievous, and a Geonosian team under Geonosian Brood Alpha, the last four (Count Dooku, Wat Tambor, Nute Gunray and Jango Fett) always come up one short. So Sev'rance Tann will help round that out.
  • Nice
    I’m No Jedi!If You Want To Be My Ally, My Ally Code Is: 686-755-486
  • EA_Mako
    2099 posts EA Community Manager
    Hey @RafaTanoSkywalker,

Please be mindful of the dates when posting in a thread. This one is a bit old and I'll be locking it here to prevent additional necroposting, thanks.
This discussion has been closed.