Dread Data disk not working at all

Caleb_Dume07
22 posts Member
edited May 2022
I know there is some bug with dread not counting towards some other achievement but I can't get Dread to work whatsoever. I've seen 4 enemies with less than %50 hp so far die with fear and they were not counted towards the 20 deaths needed. Please is anyone else experiencing this or is it just me?
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• mikk207
    242 posts Member
    does this mean that you can not get the 15 points at all ?
  • this is a huge pain in the ****. i needed those get the red crate. now i will have to try and get the sector 3 Hunters one and All feat done in only a week. not acknowledging this in game is also ****. they should reduce the amount of keycards needed for all crates because of this
  • FinleyJon wrote: »
    this is a huge pain in the ****. i needed those get the red crate. now i will have to try and get the sector 3 Hunters one and All feat done in only a week. not acknowledging this in game is also ****. they should reduce the amount of keycards needed for all crates because of this
    Agreed!!
    I’m not going to get the max crate either because of this!!
    This is an absolute scam! Especially for people who paid the $30 for the accelerated energy!!
    The least they can do is either fix it now, or just lower the max crate requirement by 15..
    I’m so unbelievably angry and will never spend another dime on this game!
    We’ve been screwed too many times by these ‘bugs’ and nerfs!

• BVH3030
    67 posts Member
    Not justifying it at all because I absolutely think this needs to get fixed; that being said I've been able to do all of the inquisitor feats with 3 star inquisitors. The kills and purge is easy to do with palp lead, JML, wat, and 8th and 5th brother against a no aoe team like phoenix and you can do the win with 5 Inquisitors with the summoned Malgus on sector 5.
  • Sure, which was nice of CG. And there are a few bugs in our favor. But this feat being broken means you have to do either SE or OR wins x40. That means a lot more battles added due to bugs than saved.
  • Originally I wrote off the 14 Inquisitor kills in S5. Now as we realize it's possible to do it on the last node with Malgus, I'm counting those 15 keycards. So with Dread out, it's a wash for me.
  • Originally I wrote off the 14 Inquisitor kills in S5. Now as we realize it's possible to do it on the last node with Malgus, I'm counting those 15 keycards. So with Dread out, it's a wash for me.

This just saved me. Thank you for this post!
    Go Pens!
  • @CG_Tusken_Meathead 15 keycards is going to have an impact for a lot of players. Do you have an idea if this fix will take place before the event ends?

I didn't plan on doing 2 of the inquisitor oriented tasks, but if dread is not going to be fixed in time this impacts my strategy as I am limited on stamina for the inquisitor faction.

If not, I think it's only fair to give a 15 keycard make up?
  • Bill0207
    375 posts Member
    Pretty much if you don't have inquisitors then you're not getting max crate im taking it? Even if you can cheese the purge feat
  • BVH3030
    67 posts Member
    Bill0207 wrote: »
    Pretty much if you don't have inquisitors then you're not getting max crate im taking it? Even if you can cheese the purge feat

You can get all the inquisitor sector feats with 3 star inquisitors with the right comp and data disks
  • I have the same dread problem. At least I'm not the only one. I wish they would address this. This is a huge issue.

• This post says they know about it and will have a patch in the next release, but how does that help unless the fix is issued now. FUDGE CG, people spend money this game and we expect better. Even if CG issues a fix before this conquest is over, that is not good enough. Issuing everyone with the dread disc 15 conquest points before this conquest concludes, 25 malgus shards after it concludes, or refunding conquest pass money are the only real ways to compensate for this. FIX YOUR GAME!!! I'm done spending money on this broken, overpriced mess.
  • CG, people spend money this game and we expect better.

Doesn't seem like the spenders expect better since they keep on spending ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Do we have any idea when the update will happen. I would hope that since they have known about it for close to a week that they will rectify it sooner than later!
    " Do or do not, there is no try."
  • Krjstoff
    632 posts Member
    edited May 2022
    IDGAS about that disc anymore... I worked around some of the other feats, and don't need the points anymore. Makes my Sith Empire battles way easier because it doesn't matter who gets the kills.
  • BVH3030 wrote: »
    Not justifying it at all because I absolutely think this needs to get fixed; that being said I've been able to do all of the inquisitor feats with 3 star inquisitors. The kills and purge is easy to do with palp lead, JML, wat, and 8th and 5th brother against a no aoe team like phoenix and you can do the win with 5 Inquisitors with the summoned Malgus on sector 5.

But what if you only have 1 inquisitor at r5 and the rest are low gear? The bad batch still walks over that team even with Malgus.
  • LordDirt
    4916 posts Member
    I got the red crate without spending or getting the dread data disc. It can be done.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Help with Dread disk post patch. Anyone?

I took Rey, Hoda, L3, BB8, R2 in vs a NS team. I never burned or applied a DOT. R2 and L3 basics never killed anyone. Still at 0/20. confused
  • Wait, is this actually patched or not?
  • I haven't tried to use the disk yet (even though I have it) b/c of the talk that it did not work.
  • CaesarAM
    246 posts Member
    I haven't tried to use the disk yet (even though I have it) b/c of the talk that it did not work.

It works now. Can’t tell you how it works, but it works.
  • It doesn't work as described. So we just mess around until we get lucky and get credit, I suppose.
  • So just kill things while the disk is active and pray? I can do that.
  • Did a normal fight, pretended disk didn't exist, got some credit. Whatever
  • TargetEadu
    1503 posts Member
    BVH3030 wrote: »

But what if you only have 1 inquisitor at r5 and the rest are low gear? The bad batch still walks over that team even with Malgus.

I pulled Bad Batch. VA, AA, Thermal Detonator, and Voluntary Vanguard. If Malgus hits Wrecker hard enough Tech won’t AoE and the BB will use most of their opening salvo gaining buffs. Then Fifth, Eighth, and Ninth AoE rip them apart.

CaesarAM wrote: »
    I haven't tried to use the disk yet (even though I have it) b/c of the talk that it did not work.

I think there’s some weirdness with the Instant Defeat, as it doesn’t seem to trigger all the time. But you can still get progress. (If I had to guess, it’s just doing the 25% Max Health damage instead of Instant Defeat, but that damage can still kill and progress the feat.)
  • CaesarAM
    246 posts Member
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    BVH3030 wrote: »

I pulled Bad Batch. VA, AA, Thermal Detonator, and Voluntary Vanguard. If Malgus hits Wrecker hard enough Tech won’t AoE and the BB will use most of their opening salvo gaining buffs. Then Fifth, Eighth, and Ninth AoE rip them apart.

CaesarAM wrote: »

I think there’s some weirdness with the Instant Defeat, as it doesn’t seem to trigger all the time. But you can still get progress. (If I had to guess, it’s just doing the 25% Max Health damage instead of Instant Defeat, but that damage can still kill and progress the feat.)

I guess my biggest question is just whether the fear mechanic AND the plague mechanic credit toward the feat. I would assume yes? But it’s about as clear as mud.