Dread fixed but…

CaesarAM
139 posts Member
Do we know what exactly it mean to kill an enemy with Dread per the feat description? I assumed it meant they have to die with the mechanic in the disk description, but I just got credit for 4 when only one enemy died on their own.

Replies

  • StarSon
    5995 posts Member
    CaesarAM wrote: »
    Do we know what exactly it mean to kill an enemy with Dread per the feat description? I assumed it meant they have to die with the mechanic in the disk description, but I just got credit for 4 when only one enemy died on their own.

    Maybe don't tell them when they fixed it too hard. They usually fix helpful bugs faster than hurtful ones.
  • Nauros
    5135 posts Member
    Why are you posting this here? If it's awarding more than it should, don't let CG know.
  • CaesarAM
    139 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »
    Why are you posting this here? If it's awarding more than it should, don't let CG know.

    I’m assuming I’m just not understanding correctly what the feat wants. I guess maybe since fear expires when attacked, maybe attacking but not killing a feared enemy when they are under 50% counts? Just want clarification.
  • No need to bother. 100 kills with Malak or DR is hard. Just do other feats if you can. Inquisitors is alot easier than people think
  • TargetEadu
    1234 posts Member
    CaesarAM wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    Why are you posting this here? If it's awarding more than it should, don't let CG know.

    I’m assuming I’m just not understanding correctly what the feat wants. I guess maybe since fear expires when attacked, maybe attacking but not killing a feared enemy when they are under 50% counts? Just want clarification.

    The Fear doesn’t need to expire “naturally” for it to deal damage/kill a target. So that probably would count. (It also works on non-Dread Fear, like DR’s.)
  • crzydroid
    6401 posts Moderator
    No need to bother. 100 kills with Malak or DR is hard. Just do other feats if you can. Inquisitors is alot easier than people think

    What are you talking about? You have to do 40 battles with SE, which will get you the Malak and Drevan kills as a by-product.
  • jonnysiniwal
    654 posts Member
    edited May 12
    crzydroid wrote: »
    No need to bother. 100 kills with Malak or DR is hard. Just do other feats if you can. Inquisitors is alot easier than people think

    What are you talking about? You have to do 40 battles with SE, which will get you the Malak and Drevan kills as a by-product.

    And if you somehow don't just find a geo node and do traya lead, let geos hurt themselves, AoE with drevan. 6 kills per battle. Simple.
  • Nauros
    5135 posts Member
    crzydroid wrote: »
    No need to bother. 100 kills with Malak or DR is hard. Just do other feats if you can. Inquisitors is alot easier than people think

    What are you talking about? You have to do 40 battles with SE, which will get you the Malak and Drevan kills as a by-product.

    And there are several other feats, like stagger or evasion down, that are well suited for SE. So you can go 3 for 1 most of the time.
  • CaesarAM
    139 posts Member
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    CaesarAM wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    Why are you posting this here? If it's awarding more than it should, don't let CG know.

    I’m assuming I’m just not understanding correctly what the feat wants. I guess maybe since fear expires when attacked, maybe attacking but not killing a feared enemy when they are under 50% counts? Just want clarification.

    The Fear doesn’t need to expire “naturally” for it to deal damage/kill a target. So that probably would count. (It also works on non-Dread Fear, like DR’s.)

    But the disk also inflicts plague. So if they die from plague damage does that count? I’m up to 17/20 on it so am going to get the feat, just really would like to understand how this counts. “Defeat with dread” is just so stinking vague when there isn’t actually an effect called dread.
  • Ill get the feat done but I really don’t understand how it’s counting. Some rounds you get 0 kills even though it looks like they die from it and some you get full kill when it looks like it shouldn’t.
  • Dread feat is definitely not working in a consistent way. Hopefully CG will fix it until next conquest.
  • Feels like dread applying is completely random. Must be resistible, and knowing cg the teams probably have tenacity up the wazoo.

    Makes it hard to get the feat done when neither fear nor plague procs through entire battles. Made harder when enemies with fear and low health die on their turn but it doesn’t count. Guessing the killing blow technically came from a dot or something. Either way it’s tough to figure out if it’s working and if a kill will count.

    Plenty of time left for me so it’ll get done. There just won’t be and specific tactics or planning around it.
  • It feels to me like it counts as long as an enemy gets killed while having Fear and yellow hp. Doesn't matter what/who actually caused the kill. I just came out of this Geo vs. Phoenix battle. Geo Kills went up by 4, and Dread Kills went up by at least 3, so there were definitely some of the kills counted towards both.
  • Yeah I appreciate how ambitious CG was with trying new gimmicks this time around, but based on how they use us as beta testers, dread, the victor mechanic, etc probably would be better 'debugged after release' in a low stakes event like a GC or marquee stage than during Conquest which almost all players will be spending 1200+c on, and which some players are paying $30 for the Conquest+ pass.
  • Yeah I appreciate how ambitious CG was with trying new gimmicks this time around, but based on how they use us as beta testers, dread, the victor mechanic, etc probably would be better 'debugged after release' in a low stakes event like a GC or marquee stage than during Conquest which almost all players will be spending 1200+c on, and which some players are paying $30 for the Conquest+ pass.

    I've been wondering the same. G. Challenge clearly is the mini version and sort of a testbed for G. Conquest, yet we never saw Dread or Victor in the former.
  • Looks like an enemy with fear and plague x 6 who then dies dies of the plague and not fear and doesn’t count.

    Man so fricken random - got to prey they resist half the debuffs from the disk but proc the other desired part.
  • I stuck on the Dread disk, used my OR 4 times in a row v Sector 1 mid boss, collected the feat for 20 kills.
  • Ghost666
    95 posts Member
    edited May 16
    Equipped the disk...didnt read the little print.
    After a couple uses i realized i would get between 1and3 whenever using EMPIRE or SITH...so i got the kills i needed from "normal" use of EP and Drevan teams...
    (i never got a kill playing with Light Side teams...but i also never had to check how it works...kills would come with "normal" dark side teams)
    Disclaimer...i play in NORMAL
  • CG probably doesn't know either

    This
  • scuba
    12865 posts Member
    Dread feat is definitely not working in a consistent way. Hopefully CG will fix it until next conquest.

    Hopefully they just get rid of this feat, yes I completed it, but yeah just dumb
  • scuba wrote: »
    Dread feat is definitely not working in a consistent way. Hopefully CG will fix it until next conquest.

    Hopefully they just get rid of this feat, yes I completed it, but yeah just dumb
    I dont really get how it works...i equipped it, got the feat and removed it.
    I guess it will be used the next TWO conquests as they have been done in groups of THREE...then they change.

  • It is pretty silly to have Feats that just work out no matter what you do. Not really "an achievement that requires great courage, skill, or strength."
  • CCyrilS
    6584 posts Member
    Screerider wrote: »
    It is pretty silly to have Feats that just work out no matter what you do. Not really "an achievement that requires great courage, skill, or strength."

    Are any of them?
  • The counter must be bugged. I had a bunch of kills on NS with dread that didn't count, then other battles I had 5 count. Makes no sense at all but I got there in the end after switching to Old Republic like someone mentioned.
  • I had more or less consistent results with SE, on average 4 per battle. Makes sense as there tend to be more Fears going around.
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    Screerider wrote: »
    It is pretty silly to have Feats that just work out no matter what you do. Not really "an achievement that requires great courage, skill, or strength."

    Are any of them?

    Well, beating a node can be considered to require some skill, so "wins" feats I'd say qualify. Similarly, "kills" feats aren't really automatic.

    Just equipping a disk seems to fall into a different category. Kinda like just setting Clone Wars Chewie lead for the Defense Up feat.

Sign In or Register to comment.