Vulture droid

2Next

Replies

• MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Just look at what happens when you face malevolence in TB. Does the malevolence fleet there ever miss an opportunity to assist? That's the extreme example of assisting, but you don't see that malevolence not assisting on every single turn there's a "chance" to.

Pve units are different than ours. This doesn't directly connect to ai-controlled player units.
  • MaruMaru wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    This type of bogus accusations without any data dilutes the focus from the actual issue which has nothing to do with ai getting more assists.

you sound like EA Answers, who even when presented with video evidence still dismissed it.

I think you misuderstood what I'm responding to. The issue is the change to the vulture assists making malo counter to exec worse, not ai controlled player fleet getting more assists than player controlled ones. I've yet to see a video of this "cheating ai" that is claimed on the post above mine.

Vulture droid has 3 bugs on it atm at least; even EA answers conceded that. I have seen the behavior described by Sewpot just in doing battle against Malevolences. Maybe you should fight more of them, then you can enjoy the fact that the AI controlled "player" vulture's replacement does the behavior described. You don't work for CG so whether you believe the bug exists or not is of no impact to any other forum user.

These aren't hard bugs to encounter. To hear support talk, they are. But I've not met anyone who hasn't suffered from the bugs.

Do I get it correctly; same fleet's vultures behave differently when controlled by the player vs. attacked by another player?

yes they do. Which is weird but i've replicated it several times in my alt and it only adds to the frustration of the bug.
  • Whatelse73
    2161 posts Member
    This type of bogus accusations without any data dilutes the focus from the actual issue which has nothing to do with ai getting more assists.

You can call it "bogus" all you want, that's you having blinders on to anything critical of CG and RNG. But hey, good for you for living in the land of sunshine, happy flowers and make believe.

When MY ships on offense dodge 10 times in a row, multiple times and/or dodge 14 of 15 attacks as the ships on defense have I'm trying to take out, then I'll consider it "even". It's not bogus if players can watch the AI getting better rolls over and over again in multiple matches. I just watched two fleets get obliterated because Tie Fighter dodged so many attacks, Thrawn's capital ship did its ultimate THREE TIMES with only Tie Fighter remaining. Why? Oh because Tie Fighter has a whopping 25% dodge rate and because of that dodges 95% of the time. That's the kind of GARBAGE that we have to experience. My ships ain't doing that on offense. (If your ships are dodging 10 attacks in a row on offense, post the video to prove it.)

If CG can tell me about specific matches where my ships on offense did 10 dodges in a row, more than once, okay fine. But that doesn't happen FOR me, only AGAINST me. It doesn't matter if it's in TB, TW, GAC, fleet arena, etc. The "RNG" excuse is masking AI advantage. I'm not saying I lose all the time, or that I lose most of the time. But in GAC especially, when there are bugs, the AI has advantages, added to ships being ignored for years, it's just more fuel on the fire. If you have "bad" RNG two times in Kyber GAC, that's it, you most likely aren't clearing. This bug makes that possibility increase substantially.
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »

You can call it "bogus" all you want, that's you having blinders on to anything critical of CG and RNG. But hey, good for you for living in the land of sunshine, happy flowers and make believe.

When MY ships on offense dodge 10 times in a row, multiple times and/or dodge 14 of 15 attacks as the ships on defense have I'm trying to take out, then I'll consider it "even". It's not bogus if players can watch the AI getting better rolls over and over again in multiple matches. I just watched two fleets get obliterated because Tie Fighter dodged so many attacks, Thrawn's capital ship did its ultimate THREE TIMES with only Tie Fighter remaining. Why? Oh because Tie Fighter has a whopping 25% dodge rate and because of that dodges 95% of the time. That's the kind of GARBAGE that we have to experience. My ships ain't doing that on offense. (If your ships are dodging 10 attacks in a row on offense, post the video to prove it.)

If CG can tell me about specific matches where my ships on offense did 10 dodges in a row, more than once, okay fine. But that doesn't happen FOR me, only AGAINST me. It doesn't matter if it's in TB, TW, GAC, fleet arena, etc. The "RNG" excuse is masking AI advantage. I'm not saying I lose all the time, or that I lose most of the time. But in GAC especially, when there are bugs, the AI has advantages, added to ships being ignored for years, it's just more fuel on the fire. If you have "bad" RNG two times in Kyber GAC, that's it, you most likely aren't clearing. This bug makes that possibility increase substantially.

Obviously one can't really "prove" anything without digging deep into the code, but I have definitely noticed that the AI tends to have better rng than the player overall. Recently I've lost a FO vs Raddus match because the enemy literally dodged 12 times in a row. Normally that counter is fairly easy to pull off, but I simply couldn't land a hit, so I lost terribly. And AI dodging multiple times in a row is by no means uncommon. 12 dodges in a row is definitely rare, but like 4-6 in a row happens to me almost all the time when I fight the AI. Now when I use the Raddus though, I may get 3 dodges in a row on a very good day, but usually it's like 1 dodge here and there if I'm lucky. Of course one could say I'm just being unlucky, but it's happening almost all the time, so I'm not buying it. And even with Exec mirrors the AI seems to have the upper hand with double taps like 65% of the time. I'm 99% sure the AI has slightly improved rates on certain things, if not all.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member

I'm pretty critical of cg. Rng though is another topic called statistics. If you just put the effort towards gathering data that showcases your claim instead of anectodal "I can't believe this happened" quotes, you can actually prove that ai controlled fleets behave better than player controlled ones. Until then, it's a %100 bogus claim. And please don't hide behind the bug that noone claims doesn't exist which has nothing to do with your claim about "cheating ai".
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Serious question: if you believe that the game cheats against you, why do you keep playing it? Nothing you get/buy will change the cheat, you'll always be playing an unfair game if you actually believe it.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member

Obviously one can't really "prove" anything without digging deep into the code, but I have definitely noticed that the AI tends to have better rng than the player overall. Recently I've lost a FO vs Raddus match because the enemy literally dodged 12 times in a row. Normally that counter is fairly easy to pull off, but I simply couldn't land a hit, so I lost terribly. And AI dodging multiple times in a row is by no means uncommon. 12 dodges in a row is definitely rare, but like 4-6 in a row happens to me almost all the time when I fight the AI. Now when I use the Raddus though, I may get 3 dodges in a row on a very good day, but usually it's like 1 dodge here and there if I'm lucky. Of course one could say I'm just being unlucky, but it's happening almost all the time, so I'm not buying it. And even with Exec mirrors the AI seems to have the upper hand with double taps like 65% of the time. I'm 99% sure the AI has slightly improved rates on certain things, if not all.

You don't need to dig into the code, you can prove things statistically just like how we know most of the droprates in the game.

Here's a story, in cg's previous game HODA, there was a time where pack droprates of desirable toons seemed to have changed for the worse. Cg of course denied any change. A player came up with a community driven study that showcased it has changed a lot, all hell broke loose. Cg had to come forth, accept the mistake and change it back. Such is the power of statistics.
  • In this game that happened with the last 2 Chases. CG didn't say anything about that :(
  • StarSon
    7431 posts Member
    In this game that happened with the last 2 Chases. CG didn't say anything about that :(

Yeah, and CG learned from their mistakes and decided to just ignore it after we gave them the statistics.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    This way, unlike the cheating ai, we all know what's up.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Serious question: if you believe that the game cheats against you, why do you keep playing it? Nothing you get/buy will change the cheat, you'll always be playing an unfair game if you actually believe it.

It's actually irrelevant. We aren't playing against the game, we are playing against each other.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »

It's actually irrelevant. We aren't playing against the game, we are playing against each other.

At no point we play against eachother directly. There's always ai at the other end. See the previous posts to understand where this is coming from.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member

At no point we play against eachother directly. There's always ai at the other end. See the previous posts to understand where this is coming from.

You don't play against GA opponents?

And I don't only mean your matched opponent, but our place on the GAC rank ladder is based on our performance relative to everyone else's. It's literally how we are measured.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member

And I don't only mean your matched opponent, but our place on the GAC rank ladder is based on our performance relative to everyone else's. It's literally how we are measured.

Have you really read the topic or just responding to a single message taking it out of context?
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member

Have you really read the topic or just responding to a single message taking it out of context?

Yeah, an I'm trying to see how "AI cheats" is relevant.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member

Ah, I now understand what you meant is irrelevant. Yes, of course we compete against eachother in many modes.

I personally wouldn't want to keep on playing a game that secretly cheats against me though. Any difference of rng for ai controlled units vs. the player controlled ones has been denied by a dev quite a while ago, this was 2016. I have yet to see any stats that proves otherwise.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member

Ah, I now understand what you meant is irrelevant. Yes, of course we compete against eachother in many modes.

I personally wouldn't want to keep on playing a game that secretly cheats against me though. Any difference of rng for ai controlled units vs. the player controlled ones has been denied by a dev quite a while ago, this was 2016. I have yet to see any stats that proves otherwise.

Yes. And while you're probably right about there being no difference, my point is that it could just be one of many ways to tune the difficulty.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member

Yes. And while you're probably right about there being no difference, my point is that it could just be one of many ways to tune the difficulty.

For pvp there's no incentive to do it since we compete against eachother anyway and it can't drive up sales. If you get cheated against, so does your opponent. They end up churning out same amount of goodies out of gac/tw/arenas

For pve there is the incentive, but there is not much reason to do it secretly when you can openly do it and cg already does that in numerous ways, each day inventing new ones.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Bottom line:

AI gets more favorable RNG. That’s a given.

The summoned vulture droid from your vulture being beaten never assists. That’s proven.

They need to fix that bug. Enough with the year long wait for bug fixes. @CG_Tusken_Meathead tell the devs to make this a priority please. Whoever is in charge whether it be TopCash or someone else. Bugs like this take priority. Tell them to fix their game for once
  • MaruMaru wrote: »

Unpopular opinion I'm sure but...i play better than the AI 100% of the time so them getting a slight RNG advantage makes the battles competitive.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Bottom line:

AI gets more favorable RNG. That’s a given.
    You know what I'm going to ask for...
  • Whatelse73
    2161 posts Member

I'm pretty critical of cg. Rng though is another topic called statistics. If you just put the effort towards gathering data that showcases your claim instead of anectodal "I can't believe this happened" quotes, you can actually prove that ai controlled fleets behave better than player controlled ones. Until then, it's a %100 bogus claim. And please don't hide behind the bug that noone claims doesn't exist which has nothing to do with your claim about "cheating ai".

I did. ten dodges in a row has happened multiple times. My counter is for CG to tell me when one of my ships has dodged 10 times in a row on offense? Let alone 14 of 15 attacks being dodged. I've also seen streamers / content creators have similar issues with 5+ dodges in a row, especially when the AI has one ship left. (I'm sure it's just a coincidence and I'm crazy though.)

I also play the game because there are many other aspects of it that I enjoy. What I have an issue with is the "RNG" that appears to dislike losing sometimes. CG's response will be "well if we look at the average of win/loss and how often dodging is happening to all players and in all matches, it's well within the percentage rate." (Even though a 25% dodge rate should mean that 10 dodges in a row is statistically improbable. Very improbable.)

At that, when there's a legit bug like with the vulture droid, that makes RNG even worse for players. "well it's just RNG" is a lame excuse. Bugs add to the frustration of that RNG as well. I realize they're working to try to fix the bugs, but fleets is already a pain as it is, without bugs like this occurring.