Gac rank issues

Prev13
Natgmn
103 posts Member
Did they change something again. Because at the start of this 3v3 I was kyber 3 I won the first battle and somehow my skill rating went down and I dropped to kyber 4 even though I won.

Replies

  • Yes, they want to punish some people.
  • I don't understand why they can't do it like a standard league......

    In Europe we've been doing leagues for a 100 years. It works; no need for these different brackets, squishes, hidden ups and downs, different points depending on the trousers...........sorry pants you're wearing!

    KEEP IT SIMPLE!!!
  • Natgmn
    103 posts Member
    Just always been you won and your skill rating increased mine did the opposite
  • Metasly
    240 posts Member
    Natgmn wrote: »
    Just always been you won and your skill rating increased mine did the opposite
    I think your skill rating was affected by the "skill squish" but that didn't change your league so the change only occured after the win.
    Check your skill history on swgoh : I saw mine drop by 100 point just before the first round (that's the "skill squish" they now do before each season of GAC)
  • Lumiya
    231 posts Member
    #ditchthesquish
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • PeachyPeachSWGOH
    265 posts Member
    edited May 13
    If the squish was the reason, then so much for "squish won't cause any changes in your leagues/divisions", because while technically the squish did not cause an immediate relegation, it did drop the SR enough to guarantee a relegation after the first round.

    [Edit] although come to think of it, according to the data posted last month, lower divisions were observed to "squish" upwards toward mid-div3. Either that data is no longer valid, or there is another explanation for OP's relegation.
  • How about a swgoh.gg profile link?
  • Lumiya
    231 posts Member
    If the squish was the reason, then so much for "squish won't cause any changes in your leagues/divisions", because while technically the squish did not cause an immediate relegation, it did drop the SR enough to guarantee a relegation after the first round.

    [Edit] although come to think of it, according to the data posted last month, lower divisions were observed to "squish" upwards toward mid-div3. Either that data is no longer valid, or there is another explanation for OP's relegation.

    I think it has been established enough that this happened to many people after the squish. Before they just had at least 3 fights to make up the difference if they were lucky, now it already comes into effect after the 1st fight, because of the last GAC change of mid bracket promotion/demotion after every fight.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Lumiya wrote: »
    If the squish was the reason, then so much for "squish won't cause any changes in your leagues/divisions", because while technically the squish did not cause an immediate relegation, it did drop the SR enough to guarantee a relegation after the first round.

    [Edit] although come to think of it, according to the data posted last month, lower divisions were observed to "squish" upwards toward mid-div3. Either that data is no longer valid, or there is another explanation for OP's relegation.

    I think it has been established enough that this happened to many people after the squish. Before they just had at least 3 fights to make up the difference if they were lucky, now it already comes into effect after the 1st fight, because of the last GAC change of mid bracket promotion/demotion after every fight.

    Yeah, that's a valid point.
  • Altzair
    109 posts Member
    Also happened to me. Was in kyber 4 to start and after the first round dropped to kyber 5. Checked my swgoh.gg and saw my SR dropped 106 points before the round started so even after my win in the first round I still was under the limit to stay in 4.

    Thought the skill squish wasn't going to happen every GAC but guess it's just one more thing that has been incorrectly communicated
  • CCyrilS
    6584 posts Member
    The squish happens at the beginning of each season. Also it would move someone toward k3, not away from it. Stop blaming things on it.
  • Lumiya
    231 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    The squish happens at the beginning of each season. Also it would move someone toward k3, not away from it. Stop blaming things on it.

    There is no blame if they are stating the facts. 3 people alone in this thread have experienced the same thing and yet somehow you find a way to turn that around on them? They won but still didn't have enough points to stay where they are because of the squish and got demoted. Is there any other way to see this than it is because of the squish? How is it their fault exactly? They can't do more than win, now can they?
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • CCyrilS
    6584 posts Member
    Lumiya wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    The squish happens at the beginning of each season. Also it would move someone toward k3, not away from it. Stop blaming things on it.

    There is no blame if they are stating the facts. 3 people alone in this thread have experienced the same thing and yet somehow you find a way to turn that around on them? They won but still didn't have enough points to stay where they are because of the squish and got demoted. Is there any other way to see this than it is because of the squish? How is it their fault exactly? They can't do more than win, now can they?

    I don't know what caused it, but I know what didn't. Keep thinking it's the squish if you want, even though it doesn't occur between rounds. That will only stop you from figuring out what is actually happening, but that's fine with me.
  • Lumiya
    231 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Lumiya wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    The squish happens at the beginning of each season. Also it would move someone toward k3, not away from it. Stop blaming things on it.

    There is no blame if they are stating the facts. 3 people alone in this thread have experienced the same thing and yet somehow you find a way to turn that around on them? They won but still didn't have enough points to stay where they are because of the squish and got demoted. Is there any other way to see this than it is because of the squish? How is it their fault exactly? They can't do more than win, now can they?

    I don't know what caused it, but I know what didn't. Keep thinking it's the squish if you want, even though it doesn't occur between rounds. That will only stop you from figuring out what is actually happening, but that's fine with me.

    Who said the squish occurs between rounds? Lol! Nobody! People talk about the squish that happened right before this very new season my friend.
    It's about the fact that we have a new season now, had only 1 fight in this new season, the squish occured right before it and people now get relegated mid bracket because eventhough they won, their points were too low because of the squish. Wanna twist what people actually said some more or did you really not get what people were talking about here. In that case read the posts again.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Gawejn
    861 posts Member
    It works like this, at the start of season there is squish skill rating points. For example you are starting in k4, but they removed some points so you skill rating is k5. You can win first round but if you didnt have enough points to stay in k4, you will get demoted to k5. And from that you need to win more than loose, to stay in kyber league. So if you will win 6 and loose 6 you will get demoted to lower league at the end of the season. If this patern 6wins/6lost will be happening you will be demoted every season, to lower division and after few seasons to lower league. That is the absurd of this squish skill rating points. And that made me to decide to quit playing this stupid game.
  • Gawejn wrote: »
    It works like this, at the start of season there is squish skill rating points. For example you are starting in k4, but they removed some points so you skill rating is k5. You can win first round but if you didnt have enough points to stay in k4, you will get demoted to k5. And from that you need to win more than loose, to stay in kyber league. So if you will win 6 and loose 6 you will get demoted to lower league at the end of the season. If this patern 6wins/6lost will be happening you will be demoted every season, to lower division and after few seasons to lower league. That is the absurd of this squish skill rating points. And that made me to decide to quit playing this stupid game.

    That would be understandably frustrating, but it's not really that absurd if you think about it. Rosters grow, and skills develop, so it would actually be natural that a 50% WR is not enough to keep you where you are. The Squad and Fleet Arenas work the same way. If you stick to the same squad, you will drop in ranks eventually.
  • Why isn't it? Roster growth has nothing to do with Skill Rating past the initial set up of the system.

    Just run it like a standard league system. This whole L1/5 switch is absurd. Dropping more than 1 league at a time is absurd. Squish is pretty absurd. Bottom *% of a division swaps place with the top *% of a division at the end of each week; very simple and works.
  • Lumiya
    231 posts Member
    Gawejn wrote: »
    It works like this, at the start of season there is squish skill rating points. For example you are starting in k4, but they removed some points so you skill rating is k5. You can win first round but if you didnt have enough points to stay in k4, you will get demoted to k5. And from that you need to win more than loose, to stay in kyber league. So if you will win 6 and loose 6 you will get demoted to lower league at the end of the season. If this patern 6wins/6lost will be happening you will be demoted every season, to lower division and after few seasons to lower league. That is the absurd of this squish skill rating points. And that made me to decide to quit playing this stupid game.

    That would be understandably frustrating, but it's not really that absurd if you think about it. Rosters grow, and skills develop, so it would actually be natural that a 50% WR is not enough to keep you where you are. The Squad and Fleet Arenas work the same way. If you stick to the same squad, you will drop in ranks eventually.

    But if a 50% win rate is not enough, then this system is not right, because as it is, it is designed to give everyone a 50% win rate. So, automatically it would push you down just because it is designed as 50% if what you say is the case.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Engage
    131 posts Member
    This round I'm playing is a joke. I can't even beat any of my opponents teams and they have destroyed all of mine without any effort. If I'm supposed to go down in rank because my opponents are too powerful then so be it. But when I drop in rank and I get put up against players with insane rosters that counter everything I have then there is no challenge. Those players should be playing at a higher rank than me. Why are they not?
  • CCyrilS
    6584 posts Member
    Gawejn wrote: »
    It works like this, at the start of season there is squish skill rating points. For example you are starting in k4, but they removed some points so you skill rating is k5. You can win first round but if you didnt have enough points to stay in k4, you will get demoted to k5. And from that you need to win more than loose, to stay in kyber league. So if you will win 6 and loose 6 you will get demoted to lower league at the end of the season. If this patern 6wins/6lost will be happening you will be demoted every season, to lower division and after few seasons to lower league. That is the absurd of this squish skill rating points. And that made me to decide to quit playing this stupid game.

    That would make sense, except from k4 the squish would add, not remove points.
  • CCyrilS
    6584 posts Member
    Lumiya wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Lumiya wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    The squish happens at the beginning of each season. Also it would move someone toward k3, not away from it. Stop blaming things on it.

    There is no blame if they are stating the facts. 3 people alone in this thread have experienced the same thing and yet somehow you find a way to turn that around on them? They won but still didn't have enough points to stay where they are because of the squish and got demoted. Is there any other way to see this than it is because of the squish? How is it their fault exactly? They can't do more than win, now can they?

    I don't know what caused it, but I know what didn't. Keep thinking it's the squish if you want, even though it doesn't occur between rounds. That will only stop you from figuring out what is actually happening, but that's fine with me.

    Who said the squish occurs between rounds? Lol! Nobody! People talk about the squish that happened right before this very new season my friend.
    It's about the fact that we have a new season now, had only 1 fight in this new season, the squish occured right before it and people now get relegated mid bracket because eventhough they won, their points were too low because of the squish. Wanna twist what people actually said some more or did you really not get what people were talking about here. In that case read the posts again.

    That still doesn't explain it. As I said in previous post (and dozens of others) the squish pushes people toward division 3. It can't be responsible for a relegation from k3 to k4.

    But keep going with this nonsense.
  • Anyone claiming they were K4/K5 and lost points in the squish should provide their swgoh.gg link for proof.
  • Wed_Santa
    334 posts Member
    I’m not sure why this is a disputed point but K4 players definitely get squished (I’m guessing like everyone else)
    For instance:
    uaqj12pmli71.png
  • ImaSmakya
    1022 posts Member
    Just grabbed a k4 player from our alliance and clearly he lost 53 points in the squish.

    So those who claim to know how this system works and that the squish pushes everyone towards k3, clearly don’t understand how the system works.

    wb643qctnkxg.jpeg
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • ImaSmakya
    1022 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Lumiya wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Lumiya wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    The squish happens at the beginning of each season. Also it would move someone toward k3, not away from it. Stop blaming things on it.

    There is no blame if they are stating the facts. 3 people alone in this thread have experienced the same thing and yet somehow you find a way to turn that around on them? They won but still didn't have enough points to stay where they are because of the squish and got demoted. Is there any other way to see this than it is because of the squish? How is it their fault exactly? They can't do more than win, now can they?

    I don't know what caused it, but I know what didn't. Keep thinking it's the squish if you want, even though it doesn't occur between rounds. That will only stop you from figuring out what is actually happening, but that's fine with me.

    Who said the squish occurs between rounds? Lol! Nobody! People talk about the squish that happened right before this very new season my friend.
    It's about the fact that we have a new season now, had only 1 fight in this new season, the squish occured right before it and people now get relegated mid bracket because eventhough they won, their points were too low because of the squish. Wanna twist what people actually said some more or did you really not get what people were talking about here. In that case read the posts again.

    That still doesn't explain it. As I said in previous post (and dozens of others) the squish pushes people toward division 3. It can't be responsible for a relegation from k3 to k4.

    But keep going with this nonsense.

    Is it really nonsense if it’s right?
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • CCyrilS
    6584 posts Member
    ImaSmakya wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Lumiya wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Lumiya wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    The squish happens at the beginning of each season. Also it would move someone toward k3, not away from it. Stop blaming things on it.

    There is no blame if they are stating the facts. 3 people alone in this thread have experienced the same thing and yet somehow you find a way to turn that around on them? They won but still didn't have enough points to stay where they are because of the squish and got demoted. Is there any other way to see this than it is because of the squish? How is it their fault exactly? They can't do more than win, now can they?

    I don't know what caused it, but I know what didn't. Keep thinking it's the squish if you want, even though it doesn't occur between rounds. That will only stop you from figuring out what is actually happening, but that's fine with me.

    Who said the squish occurs between rounds? Lol! Nobody! People talk about the squish that happened right before this very new season my friend.
    It's about the fact that we have a new season now, had only 1 fight in this new season, the squish occured right before it and people now get relegated mid bracket because eventhough they won, their points were too low because of the squish. Wanna twist what people actually said some more or did you really not get what people were talking about here. In that case read the posts again.

    That still doesn't explain it. As I said in previous post (and dozens of others) the squish pushes people toward division 3. It can't be responsible for a relegation from k3 to k4.

    But keep going with this nonsense.

    Is it really nonsense if it’s right?

    It's not right. Either it's something else, or the system isn't working correctly.

    Continuing to attribute to the squish (as it is intended to work) , and saying rediculous things like "ditchthesquish" does not help figure out the actual issue.

    But AGAIN, keep up with nonsense instead of getting to the bottom of things, by all means.
  • CCyrilS
    6584 posts Member
    ImaSmakya wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Lumiya wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Lumiya wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    The squish happens at the beginning of each season. Also it would move someone toward k3, not away from it. Stop blaming things on it.

    There is no blame if they are stating the facts. 3 people alone in this thread have experienced the same thing and yet somehow you find a way to turn that around on them? They won but still didn't have enough points to stay where they are because of the squish and got demoted. Is there any other way to see this than it is because of the squish? How is it their fault exactly? They can't do more than win, now can they?

    I don't know what caused it, but I know what didn't. Keep thinking it's the squish if you want, even though it doesn't occur between rounds. That will only stop you from figuring out what is actually happening, but that's fine with me.

    Who said the squish occurs between rounds? Lol! Nobody! People talk about the squish that happened right before this very new season my friend.
    It's about the fact that we have a new season now, had only 1 fight in this new season, the squish occured right before it and people now get relegated mid bracket because eventhough they won, their points were too low because of the squish. Wanna twist what people actually said some more or did you really not get what people were talking about here. In that case read the posts again.

    That still doesn't explain it. As I said in previous post (and dozens of others) the squish pushes people toward division 3. It can't be responsible for a relegation from k3 to k4.

    But keep going with this nonsense.

    Is it really nonsense if it’s right?

    It's not right. Either it's something else, or the system isn't working as it's supposed to.

    Continuing to attribute it to the squish and saying rediculous things like "ditch the squish" do not help figure out what is actually happening.

    So yeah, again, keep up with the nonsense rather than getting to the actual issue.
  • Lumiya
    231 posts Member
    See and that is the big problem here that I tried to point out some while ago. All we, as players, have is speculation, because nobody knows how the system is actually coded and what is taken into account or how.
    Sure, you can make some guesses according to what you see and what seems logical, but it's still no actual fact. Everyone who thinks they know how this all works and is sure of it, should not take it as fact and center their arguments around it. And if people tell you that they experienced something different than you assumed, instead of doubting what they say, you could actually take that new information and use it to adjust your theory with the new data. Especially if those people provide proof.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • CCyrilS
    6584 posts Member
    Lumiya wrote: »
    See and that is the big problem here that I tried to point out some while ago. All we, as players, have is speculation, because nobody knows how the system is actually coded and what is taken into account or how.
    Sure, you can make some guesses according to what you see and whaseems logical, but it's still no actual fact. Everyone who thinks they know how this all works and is sure of it, should not take it as fact and center their arguments around it. And if people tell you that they experienced something different than you assumed, instead of doubting what they say, you could actually take that new information and use it to adjust your theory with the new data. Especially if those people provide proof.

    If someone doesn't completely understand the system, how can they say it's inherently bad and needs to go? How can you even contemplate the possible effects of not having it?

    I admit that how CG had said it would work doesn't appear to be happening 100%, and if there are errors, or mechanics not revealed to us, I'm all for an academic approach to figuring it out.

    But the broad sentiment that it's bad/wrong/needs to go, without a better understanding is just silly.
  • ImaSmakya
    1022 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    ImaSmakya wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Lumiya wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Lumiya wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    The squish happens at the beginning of each season. Also it would move someone toward k3, not away from it. Stop blaming things on it.

    There is no blame if they are stating the facts. 3 people alone in this thread have experienced the same thing and yet somehow you find a way to turn that around on them? They won but still didn't have enough points to stay where they are because of the squish and got demoted. Is there any other way to see this than it is because of the squish? How is it their fault exactly? They can't do more than win, now can they?

    I don't know what caused it, but I know what didn't. Keep thinking it's the squish if you want, even though it doesn't occur between rounds. That will only stop you from figuring out what is actually happening, but that's fine with me.

    Who said the squish occurs between rounds? Lol! Nobody! People talk about the squish that happened right before this very new season my friend.
    It's about the fact that we have a new season now, had only 1 fight in this new season, the squish occured right before it and people now get relegated mid bracket because eventhough they won, their points were too low because of the squish. Wanna twist what people actually said some more or did you really not get what people were talking about here. In that case read the posts again.

    That still doesn't explain it. As I said in previous post (and dozens of others) the squish pushes people toward division 3. It can't be responsible for a relegation from k3 to k4.

    But keep going with this nonsense.

    Is it really nonsense if it’s right?

    It's not right. Either it's something else, or the system isn't working as it's supposed to.

    Continuing to attribute it to the squish and saying rediculous things like "ditch the squish" do not help figure out what is actually happening.

    So yeah, again, keep up with the nonsense rather than getting to the actual issue.

    Ok, let’s look at it in simple math terms (with pictures even).

    Player is in k4 at 3014 SR before the squish.
    k0u9qcjn2qoc.jpeg

    The squish happens and the player loses 53 points (which you have said dozens of times can’t happen because it doesn’t push them towards k3) moving him to 2961 but he still remains in k4.
    nasos9nkpx5g.jpeg

    He loses his first battle of the season and loses 43 points relegating him into k5.
    xnn2f2ntpu8s.jpeg

    IF the squish hadn’t happened and he proceeded to lose his first round and those 43 points, he would have been at 2971 and remained in k4.

    Not sure how it gets any simpler than that.
    If we take the squish out of the equation (as you say it is not causing the issue) he remains in k4. So what issue caused his relegation if not the squish?
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
Sign In or Register to comment.