3v3 proves we need a sandbox mode

Ravens1113
5215 posts Member
edited May 2022
Now that crystals are tied into GAC and with the return of 3v3 the need for a sandbox mode can’t be ignored by CG anymore. Especially with it being a normal staple now to be rotated in.

Many players don’t like this variation of GAC because there’s no way to test counters or viability of teams in this type of composition.

Are there resources out there to show compositions and win percentages? Sure, but that doesn’t teach how to use counters. I looked all over for a 3v3 JML cleanup after two tapping him and couldn’t find any. Did I know GAS was a sure thing as an option? Yes, but I didn’t want to burn him and had no resource to find a less expensive cleanup. But to the main point it, these resources can say ABC counters XYZ at a certain percentage of success. But now how does one use ABC? Is there a way to make the battle cleaner for banners? We have ZERO way to test these things.

Players incomes are tied into GAC now whether we like it or not. CG made sure of that. So CG needs to make sure that we have the proper resources so we can put ourselves in the best chances to win.

Even in 5v5 and ships, unless it’s in the current meta we can’t even go into arena and try and test things out. There’s no more excuses that are acceptable, least of all TopCash’s “too expensive” excuse.

CG, it’s time you give the community a sandbox mode. There’s no acceptable reason not to.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Altzair
    132 posts Member
    This has been asked for several years even before 3v3 was a thing. Unfortunately nothing will change.

CG doesn't have to do anything though it would be nice if they did. However there are plenty of resources out there by this time to help with 3v3.

Also now that the arena doesn't matter you can always ask for someone to set a specific defense to test.

Not saying I agree with the lack of options in game to test and there should be but with the resources available outside the game its not high priority for CG.

Keep pushing for it but I doubt we'd get any type of sandbox mode anytime soon.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    We’ve been playing 3v3 for years. The only way we could possibly get more practice is having 3v3 more often. Do it, cg! Listen to the people!
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • AlexanderG
    1928 posts Member
    Practice mode would be great. We're 6 years into the game I think and I don't think CG will do it now.

As said above, we have squad arena - albeit in my group pretty much everyone has the standard JMK squad set on defence.
  • StarKiller is useless in 3v3 compared to 5v5, they should do something about that.
  • CG will never implement a sandbox mode becuase if you could play on demand everyone would work ok within the week how crappy the game actually is and never play again.
  • StarKiller is useless in 3v3 compared to 5v5, they should do something about that.

kq004vxskwsj.jpeg

🤔

Throw it on defence. There is a bug where the game crashes on his 1st special. Might catch some people
  • AlexanderG
    1928 posts Member
    The old Galactic War is a waste IMO. I'd imagine most people that can sim it just do that. So about 1 second of engagement per day.

I'd like to see it populated with squads from my guild or arena shard. Could act as a practice mode of sorts.
  • Lumiya
    1472 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »
    We’ve been playing 3v3 for years. The only way we could possibly get more practice is having 3v3 more often. Do it, cg! Listen to the people!

Yeah no. Newer players did not have 3v3 for years. Maybe start seeing things from different perpectives. I started last year January and I had like 2 or 3 3v3s. Combine this with the fact that at that time and actually still I am learning, because I didn't have many toons then that I have now.

Also now that we have GAC Omicrons there needs to be a way to see how they work best. It is absolutely false to have to test new things in a mode that is now our primary crystal income. And we don't even have so many opportunities to even test in GAC. If I set a team with a new Omi or actually any team on defence and my first 3 opponents only do the bare minimum or nothing, that doesn't help me to see if it is a good defence team. I also would need a bigger sample size than 1 or 2 attacks to really see if it gets holds.
    If I want to try a team for offence I would need to find the right teams on defence I can counter to even be able to see if they work. So rounds and rounds of GAC go by without even knowing what actually works.
    Would you send a sports team without practice and with new gear or a strategy never tested or trained before into an important match?
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Shawkat
    22 posts Member
    3v3 is a sandbox mode. They killed the whole GA with the new system, so feel free to use it as a sandbox mode.
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    StarKiller is useless in 3v3 compared to 5v5, they should do something about that.

One of the best defensive comps this season, but sure “useless”
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Now that crystals are tied into GAC and with the return of 3v3 the need for a sandbox mode can’t be ignored by CG anymore.

This is Capital Gains we're talking about. They can and they will ignore anything that might make our lives easier if it costs them $$$.