Galactic challenge

Prev1
TheBen
5 posts Member
edited May 2022
The latest gal challenge is by far the worst one yet, can’t even get the win on level 4
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• Love the avatar. What a win yesterday against the lions
  • JollyBrandX
    42 posts Member
    edited May 2022
    Yeah it’s pretty sad when your R5 Clones can’t beat G11 sith because of rubbish CG mechanics. I don’t have Bad Batch so I’m guessing it’s geared towards them.
    Post edited by JollyBrandX on
  • I don’t think it can be done with just any clones. Only BB can deal AOE damage and kill them all together

I just absolutely hate lengthy battles. All characters with unlimited revival is ridiculous

They keep rolling out un-fun mechanics
  • Dark magic with grim machinations is just absurd… thanks CG, you really have come up with a combo that breaks pretty much every squad bar GLs and maybe BB.
    That’s fine, after the inquisitorious one, we’ll settle once again for mediocre rewards from GC until a more sensible and truly challenging event comes round, hopefully soon, although I wouldn’t bank on it.
  • Ghost666
    327 posts Member
    Slightly side topic...is there any SUGGESTED team to get wins, WITHOUT clones.
    I wont have Bad batch anytime soon...but i am struggling to win even with relic Darth Revan...any better option?
  • AlexanderG
    1928 posts Member
    Ghost666 wrote: »
    I wont have Bad batch anytime soon...but i am struggling to win even with relic Darth Revan...any better option?

I used LV, some Empire tanks and waited for Nihilus to annihilate them.
  • Ghost666 wrote: »

Sorry I used GLs for this one. SEE, Nihilus, Malak and Wat. The team needs toons that can kill and stop revives.
  • Rius
    361 posts Member
    I managed Tier 8 rewards but not sure I will try to push Tier 9 as it’s not fun without the right counter. My clones could only do up to IV and they are R5/R6, I used GAS clones for the higher levels as he blocks the respawn mechanic. Just miss out on the all clone feat. I just don’t think the clones (501st with CS) have enough AoE as I was trying to take them out in one go to avoid them regenerating health, I tried weakening first but kept getting taunted back to sion. I don’t have BB so maybe easier with them. I skipped last one as I did not have inquisitors.
  • Gabriele_SWGOH
    68 posts Member
    edited May 2022
    Rius wrote: »
    I managed Tier 8 rewards but not sure I will try to push Tier 9 as it’s not fun without the right counter. My clones could only do up to IV and they are R5/R6, I used GAS clones for the higher levels as he blocks the respawn mechanic. Just miss out on the all clone feat. I just don’t think the clones (501st with CS) have enough AoE as I was trying to take them out in one go to avoid them regenerating health, I tried weakening first but kept getting taunted back to sion. I don’t have BB so maybe easier with them. I skipped last one as I did not have inquisitors.

Ditto 👍🏻

I used GAS with 501st (including ahsoka) to beat tier9, t10 is just impossible for me. No other team works, including DR, Padme, GG… GAS blocking the revives is vital, I dispatched Traya first.
    And my clones barely managed t4, so it’s crate8 rewards and frankly I’m not going to try another thing, this GC is an absolute freak*** joke.

UPDATE
    DR, BSF, Malak, SET, Nihilus will complete t10, just annihilate them one by one 😅
    Post edited by Gabriele_SWGOH on
  • I’m curious for Clone solutions as well, seems tricky even with BB.

Suggestions for non-clone wins:
    GAS, as already mentioned.
    Sith team with Nihilus. He stack health on annihilate, so he should get invincible after 1-2 kills and he prevents revives.
    Bounty Hunter with Mando, again he prevents revives. Bossk lead and the revives should work in your favour even with lower level Mando.
    Imperial Troopers with Death Trooper, he can inflict deathmark which should work as well.
    The easy ones are SEE, SLK and even LV (prevent revives when in ultimate).
  • Ghost666 wrote: »

Sorry I used GLs for this one. SEE, Nihilus, Malak and Wat. The team needs toons that can kill and stop revives.

Hey Ghost I take it back about only using a GL for Lvl 10. I used R7 Emp Palp, R7 Malak, R7 Vader and R3 Nihilus. If you used DR I’m guessing you have most if not all those toons. Palp turn meter train let Nihilus annihilate all of them.
  • I use bb+ Rex to complete it, alot of rng to get things to line-up... eventually killed 3 with hunter aoe, then
    reannilated Sion, and had 5 turns to finish off SA, just made it.

zjit1wao6ccc.jpg
    aqdlx2ctubgj.jpg
  • Vice_torn wrote: »
    I use bb+ Rex to complete it, alot of rng to get things to line-up... eventually killed 3 with hunter aoe, then
    reannilated Sion, and had 5 turns to finish off SA, just made it.

zjit1wao6ccc.jpg
    aqdlx2ctubgj.jpg

That pic shows why OG clones is a waste of time for this event. Your BB clones had 40 stacks of dauntless courage, so +200% off, crit chance and health steal. OG clones don’t grant many buffs so the best I could get to was about 5 or 6 before my R5 clones got schooled by G11 sith.
  • PumaK
    301 posts Member
    This challenge have one of the worst mechanics for sure. Can't Do Anything and I can't think of why we have to deal with those POS...
  • R5-7 BB+Rex at tier VI for 40 minutes and nothing even close to a win. I'm only looking for Gold crate for the Omis at this point because my sanity is worth more than the 'pride' of rolling enough virtual dice for the Red crate RNG to work out. A fully relic'd, optimum team from the 'faction of the week' doesn't need to be an 'easy Red Crate,' but it shouldn't be a 'struggle for hours trying to barely get the gold crate.'

Yes I've read and understand the mechanics. Yes I watched Skelturix's video. Yes I have have good mods on the clones (all 6*, optimized for the KAM mission/Correct BB turn order for stuns in GAC). This is just a collision of two awful modifiers for the enemy team, deliberately so.

CG why do you hate your players? There is a difference between a challenging puzzle and what is effectively
    rolling a hundred dice hoping for them all to come up 6s.I get that you want frustration spending, but this is 'throw your phone against the wall' or 'uninstall the game' levels of frustration.
  • nottenst
    685 posts Member
    edited May 2022
    Not using clones I used JMK, GAS, CAT, GK and just put it on auto.

Can't do anything yet with clones. The lowest tier I've tried with clones is Tier 5. You'd think relic clone troopers could do something. I have not tried using any Bad Batch clones, though, but maybe even at lower gear they might accomplish something.
    I just tried my Bad Batch, but probably too low gear. They do last a lot longer than regular clones. Crate 8 might have to be good enough. Unless there is a mix between lower gear Bad Batch and relic 501st clones that works. So far, I've tried putting original Echo in place of Omega
    Post edited by nottenst on
  • crzydroid
    7283 posts Moderator
    Kind of ironic how the last one was supposed to be the paywall one, yet I still managed to get box 9 with low gear Inquisitors. Can't get more than box 8 on this one with relic clones.

Anyway, non-clone sector 10:
    GAS lead to prevent revives, JMK, CAT, JKL. I'm sure any GL of your choice works there. With GAS lead, all you need to do is kill them once.
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    crzydroid wrote: »
    Can't get more than box 8 on this one with relic clones.
    box 9 was ok with f2p badbatch
    unknown.png?width=423&height=676

I wonder if they increased difficulty of max reward even for p2w factions in preparation of datacrons. The classic principle of create a problem, then sell the solution.
  • With GAS lead you cant complete full team clone trooper feat

I got T9 crate and done with it.

Surprised to see block revive override Dark magic, I expected it to work like Imp troopers in conquest
  • Wookieebush
    92 posts Member
    edited May 2022
    My g12 clones can’t even beat tier 1. Every sith fills to full health any time any toon takes a turn, and with the revive every 10 turns it’s impossible for me to kill them. What is going on with this challenge?
    Post edited by crzydroid on
  • I thought it was just me.
  • 501st will have a TERRIBLE time in this GC. The modifiers are geared to Bad Batch with their Defense Up mechanics.
  • nottenst
    685 posts Member
    BitDynasty suggested using Cody with Bat Batch. I finally got the rng to work at Tier 6 for Crate 9 for that. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lECCGHJzFy8
  • Joebo720
    647 posts Member
    Trying to get us to see the "value" of their new dummycrons they want to sell us. Full R5 BB team can't beat T7.
  • Engage
    267 posts Member
    Traya gets to a point where she's literally impossible to kill. She regenerates protection per hit and it increases exponentially. I tried using a sith team against her and all the status effects in the world can not drop her defense.
  • Sith recover health, gain TM and max health & offense every time a sith dies under the global modifier. Basically, you need BB Echo to inflict daze and healing immunity after Wrecker gives the team Defense Up. Its simple with BB. Course I don't have BB so I have to settle for just accomplishing 3 feats.
  • AlexanderG
    1928 posts Member
    Engage wrote: »
    Traya gets to a point where she's literally impossible to kill. She regenerates protection per hit and it increases exponentially. I tried using a sith team against her and all the status effects in the world can not drop her defense.

Use Nihilus?
  • Engage
    267 posts Member
    I don't have Nihilus. Here is my profile link. https://swgoh.gg/p/951546839/
  • Squat
    1 posts Member
    This is getting ridiculous. 4 relic clone troopers and I can’t beat level 6.
  • In regards to the latest galactic challenge…. Cg should not be allowed to be let anywhere near this game. You people need to hand over the reigns of this game to someone else. It’s impossible hot garbage.