in the name of the Maker...please GvG tournaments!

reizse
1447 posts Member
pretty please with a toydarian on top?
mighty chlorians

Replies

• I hope this is the next major update, after Raids.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • +1
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    i'd like to see how guilds and raids are implemented before they roll out any form of gvg, but i imagine it could be a week long event where each day, guilds face off against each other where the guild score is determined by number of wins in individual player vs ai, just like arena.
    mighty chlorians
  • ElSoldado_23
    80 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    reizse wrote: »
    i'd like to see how guilds and raids are implemented before they roll out any form of gvg, but i imagine it could be a week long event where each day, guilds face off against each other where the guild score is determined by number of wins in individual player vs ai, just like arena.

I've played a CG that has that type of GvG tournaments. The ranking is not perfect in the beginning but a day or two it almost becomes perfect were guilds would fight other guilds in the same power or rank. They could do it here but would like the tournaments to last longer than a day for better matchmaking and also allow rematches against other guilds.
  • +1

I like it and makes sense.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Please.. For the love of what is good... No guild vs guild
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • J0K3R wrote: »

+1
    the cake is a lie
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    J0K3R wrote: »

+1
    ....If i want guild activities i may aswell go back to WoW.
  • CPMP wrote: »

+1
    ....If i want guild activities i may aswell go back to WoW.

K bye
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Guild vs Guild? +1 and slip a prawn on da barbie!
    The call of Korriban is strong, but it is the call of the dead. It is fitting that you came here
    [Sith of The First Order , SotFO]
  • Zetto
    178 posts Member
    There's already PvP Arena. Now you also want GvG too? That's too much work.
  • President_Scroob
    1802 posts Member
    edited April 2016

Why? SWFC does it with legion at war and its the best part of the game
  • Zetto
    178 posts Member

This is not SWFC, there's already plenty of competition in the arena, no need to make it even more intensive with GvG. If anything, GvG must be about COOP, not VERSUS, to make this game more balanced and enjoyable.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Zetto wrote: »

This is not SWFC, there's already plenty of competition in the arena, no need to make it even more intensive with GvG. If anything, GvG must be about COOP, not VERSUS, to make this game more balanced and enjoyable.

Why must it be coop to make it balanced and enjoyable? Because this isn't SWFC this game can't have a similar event? As he said LAW is the single best part about that game; and they also have solo leader boards. I too hope an event similar to LAW is implemented.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    well there's a thread with some datamined info about guild tournaments. i wouldn't read too much into it, but that's still some exciting 'news'
    mighty chlorians
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Can someone explain how rewards work in other games that have G v G? Do the more powerful guilds dominate resources?

That was my exp in a game, and y im against it. It literally killed the game and ppl quit en masse. Maybe the developer, r2games, just developed their GvG poorly.

Plz give a detailed example of positive resource sharing in a GvG format where the weak (casual/solo) guilds dont suffer
  • Powda
    525 posts Member
    Guild v Guild will always swing the game in one of two directions...

1. The game alienates the casual / solo player and turns into a P2P(P2W) model
    2. The game implodes completely.

EA would have to do something significantly different to avoid having this game fall into either of those categories...

If their current track record of swinging meta shifts and not-ready-for-release updates is any indication, I'm not crazily optimistic.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    I'm okay with guilds and guild activities becoming part of the game - I don't think they should become the focus though.

It would seem odd to attract a player base to a game primarily focused on individual achievements/accomplishments for 4-5 months, then change to a guild-focused game. Especially because some were attracted to the game initially because it didn't have too many PvP, GvG, player inter-dependency aspects.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I'm okay with guilds and guild activities becoming part of the game - I don't think they should become the focus though.

It would seem odd to attract a player base to a game primarily focused on individual achievements/accomplishments for 4-5 months, then change to a guild-focused game. Especially because some were attracted to the game initially because it didn't have too many PvP, GvG, player inter-dependency aspects.

Yes sir.
  • Powda
    525 posts Member

Yes sir.

+1
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member

Exactly my thoughts.
    Who would have guessed that a game that called "Galaxy of heroes" would have 90% useless heroes and have guilds as main focus....
  • Cyclops
    80 posts Member
    Coll