Inquisitors again?!

Prev1
CaesarAM
250 posts Member
Inquisitors again for the next Galactic Challenge?

C’mon, man.

Replies

• this is what they do when they release new factions, they did it with mandalorians, heck they did it with specifically naming Beskar Mando as a requirement
  • R3D0
    8 posts Member
    Not this frequently. There's a third Inquisitor challenge coming up, too. What a terrible decision. This is absolutely unbelievable that they would take away a decent way to get free materials and force you to spend money on the new faction.
  • R3D0
    8 posts Member
    This is just a series of mistakes driving away f2p and low spenders. The new format of GAC with 3v3 already punishes players who don't spend as much on the game because gp matters so much more in 3v3 than 5v5, since off-meta counters simply don't work. Conquest is nearly impossible to get max crate without whaling on Inquisitors.

Now, they take away another game mode that used to reward players with diverse rosters by forcing them to pay up for CG's newest faction. Doesn't matter how balanced your roster is: unless you spend on Inquisitors, you are denied the rewards that you would have gotten otherwise. Bravo.
  • i don't know if you're a relatively new player, but they've done this before, with the exact same One on One off cadence when they added mandalorian faction to the game(and i'm pretty sure clone challenges too, when bad batch got added). i'm not saying thats a good thing, but its not a new problem. hero collector/gacha games always do this move where they want you to buy the new thing, because its good at the "content" being released

While i'm not a huge fan of 3v3 with crystal income attached to it, it too has been part of gac for a while, and is only just returning after a few months off
  • R3D0
    8 posts Member
    Not a new player and they haven't done one faction for three out of six galactic challenges before. Obviously, they are going to create content specifically for the new faction, but this is ridiculous the extent to which you have to have to buy new roster to participate in game modes.

As for 3v3, it previously was limited by gp, meaning you weren't stuck with battling rosters with 3-4 million more gp. With the changes to GAC and removal of gp tiers, players are consistently matched up with gp rosters far exceeding their own.
  • Why is everyone so entitled to getting all new content right now for free? Why would anyone spend money to have new things if there is 0 benefit? GAC, GC, new characters - all 100% free for 100% of everyone.

Furthermore, why do you even play if you dont want there to be something new to chase? If your current roster can do 100% of everything what exactly are you working towards in this game?
  • Dianora
    117 posts Member
    R3D0 wrote: »
    Not a new player and they haven't done one faction for three out of six galactic challenges before. Obviously, they are going to create content specifically for the new faction, but this is ridiculous the extent to which you have to have to buy new roster to participate in game modes.

As for 3v3, it previously was limited by gp, meaning you weren't stuck with battling rosters with 3-4 million more gp. With the changes to GAC and removal of gp tiers, players are consistently matched up with gp rosters far exceeding their own.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/244143/event-calendar-may-2021

Literally Clones every other Challenge (five out of nine) to celebrate Bad Batch being released. Time for you to move the goalposts, I guess.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Why is everyone so entitled to getting all new content right now for free? Why would anyone spend money to have new things if there is 0 benefit? GAC, GC, new characters - all 100% free for 100% of everyone.

Furthermore, why do you even play if you dont want there to be something new to chase? If your current roster can do 100% of everything what exactly are you working towards in this game?

Usually when people want to chase something, they don’t want that thing to be absolute garbage to this point. Even people with relic’d out inquisitors said that the last GC was ridiculous.
  • and here is when they did mandalorians (a bit after armorer was released) https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/241032/event-calendar-february-2021#latest

and here is when they did imperial troopers (gideon or dark trooper i think? its been a while) https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/241779/event-calendar-march-2021#latest
  • R3D0
    8 posts Member
    edited May 2022
    I take it back. CG has made poor choices previously as well XD
  • CaesarAM
    250 posts Member
    and here is when they did mandalorians (a bit after armorer was released) https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/241032/event-calendar-february-2021#latest

and here is when they did imperial troopers (gideon or dark trooper i think? its been a while) https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/241779/event-calendar-march-2021#latest

There’s a difference in these. There weren’t multiple feats tied to the specific faction. And clones and troopers had other characters to use besides the brand new ones. And Mandalorians it only requires 4 if I recall. This Inquisitors round of challenges is an escalation of the approach. Stunk then, stinks now.
  • CaesarAM
    250 posts Member
    And I would add in those earlier cases, the rewards didn’t include the newest, most valuable resource in the game. Wasn’t nearly as much at stake.
  • Not looking forward to the inquisitor challenges myself as I am F2P, so mine are only 3* gear 5. But to be fair, you only have to make it to chest 8 to get the omicrons. Clearing t10 with any faction and completing all the challenges through tier iv (maybe v) is sufficient to get to chest 8.

Playing around with mods and leadership was enough last time to do that with 3* gear 5 toons. Having the inquisitors as the faction didn’t lock people out of omicrons.

This time may be different but we will have to wait and see.
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    gokel0rnrvqd.gif
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • ? I don't get it... really.

We all know how genius CG 'develops' this game. We all know, how they care about their playerbase.

So, where's the problem? Nothing unexpected, at all.

CG just wants to make money with this game and as long as so many players are payin', CG will continue like this.

The only way here is, keep playin' (because it's Star Wars), but not payin', that's simply it.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    CaesarAM wrote: »

C’mon, man.
    Its like they told us that Inquisitors were going to be needed frequently for stuff!
  • StarSon
    7426 posts Member
    R3D0 wrote: »

You're right. But they did once do 5 out of 10 for one faction.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/244143/event-calendar-may-2021
  • Not to be a CG apologist, but the first Inquis GC was easier to Gold crate with, with F2P 3*-6* Inquis, than the most recent clones GC was to Gold crate with R5-R7 GAC and KAM modded clones and BB.
  • zatchy
    124 posts Member
    I just don’t get why the team is such a trash can? Most of the newly developed characters have been good, either creating new teams or revamping old ones. Pretty much all the Inquisitor suck. Ninth sister is okay as a empire tank, but all in all they are bad individually and worse as a team.
  • Don't go putting gear on dumb factions just for challenges. Get your two omicrons and walk away.
  • Making a profit to ensure they can pay the games Overhead is fine. These INQUISITOR REQS every other GC for MONTHS now is just ridiculous. Enough already!
  • No, they warned us.

I consider 2 months of off/on Ing GCs to be fair enough since they've done that before and they did give us warning.

It is interesting though that I can't get 60 purge on ANY tier. You either kill Rex too quickly or Rex gains access to Rexilate too soon and with a single ability on your leader, the fight is over.

60 purges requires drawing the fight out.

Aerial Advantage + 1 toon's death ends the whole mission = short fights. You can win, but you have to go all out on Rex, so there's never any good way to get the 60 purge feat.

I seriously wonder if they tested this, b/c even with Wat+JML it doesn't seem possible. At high tiers with only 3 Inqs you can't get nearly enough purge before JML loses protection and the clones nuke your relic Inqs.

At low tiers JML is accidentally killing clones, and the AoEs which spread Purge also mean you can't avoid damaging Rex... and the battle ends too soon.

I have the T8 rewards, but I never got 60 purge on any level. This GC seems poorly thought out to me.
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    No, they warned us.

I consider 2 months of off/on Ing GCs to be fair enough since they've done that before and they did give us warning.

It is interesting though that I can't get 60 purge on ANY tier. You either kill Rex too quickly or Rex gains access to Rexilate too soon and with a single ability on your leader, the fight is over.

Aerial Advantage + 1 toon's death ends the whole mission = short fights. You can win, but you have to go all out on Rex, so there's never any good way to get the 60 purge feat.

I seriously wonder if they tested this, b/c even with Wat+JML it doesn't seem possible. At high tiers with only 3 Inqs you can't get nearly enough purge before JML loses protection and the clones nuke your relic Inqs.

At low tiers JML is accidentally killing clones, and the AoEs which spread Purge also mean you can't avoid damaging Rex... and the battle ends too soon.

I have the T8 rewards, but I never got 60 purge on any level. This GC seems poorly thought out to me.

It is possible with some luck. I did it with my g8 inquisitors (only 2nd Sis is g11) on tier 5. You don't have to land the purge. Attempts also counts. I guees, you just have to find the sweet spot with your gear level and tier level.
  • I understand they have to promote their new product. But at some point they have to stop and go back to normal. It has already become too repetitive.
  • Ultra wrote: »

C’mon, man.
    Its like they told us that Inquisitors were going to be needed frequently for stuff!
    Ultra wrote: »

C’mon, man.

Shame they didn’t tell us how bad the faction was going to blow!
  • It is interesting though that I can't get 60 purge on ANY tier. You either kill Rex too quickly or Rex gains access to Rexilate too soon and with a single ability on your leader, the fight is over.

This is very frustrating and of course we don't even know how close we get. Again, the least they could do is after the battle is finished tell us how many purge attempts there were. They know this information and it should be relatively trivial to implement.

• harvestmouse
    891 posts Member
    edited August 2022
    nottenst wrote: »
    They know this information and it should be relatively trivial to implement.

Working with Programmers; the one thing they hate is somebody saying 'It should be easy to code' etc etc.

I'm told all the time 'Unless you're a programmer that knows the specific coding, don't assume anything. Some things you think are easy to code, are very difficult. Some things you would presume are difficult are relatively simple.'

Then they go on about 'Just ask, and we can look into it' which doesn't really apply here, as well..........it's CG.
  • R3D0 wrote: »

They did this for like 3 months when BAM came out. It was specifically win with BAM in your party for every other GC for like 3 months