This isn’t an encouraging paragraph

Drathuk916
631 posts Member
edited May 2022
rf5awonrdt47.jpeg

Mostly because there is little trust between the player base and cg. I don’t understand why the first mention of a change has always got to be so vague. Are you increasing rewards? Decreasing? Shifting things around?
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• BVH3030
    67 posts Member
    Options
    Buried in a post about something completely different too
  • Options
    BVH3030 wrote: »
    Buried in a post about something completely different too
    @CG_Tusken_Meathead you can do better than this.
  • Options
    I’m going to give cg the benefit of doubt and suggest it’s possible the title update is forcing a disruption of gac and they are increasing rewards temporarily to account for this disruption. But it’s so vague and filled with so little information that who knows
  • BVH3030
    67 posts Member
    Options
    That's what I was hoping for but take the easy win and add those couple words in there instead of people wondering and assuming the worst and getting mad unnecessarily
  • StarSon
    7439 posts Member
    Options
    Not sure why people are so confused. They're changing the schedule, and to compensate they're increasing rewards for the season. They're also running extra events for the inconvenience.
  • Options
    Yeah. There is an extra delay in gac now that I look at it more closely. There is 14 days between seasons instead of 7. Probably, unfortunately, the introduction of datacrons is coming second week of June.
  • Jakdnels
    787 posts Member
    Options
    Hopefully they decouple Conquest and LsGeoTB while they're tweaking schedules.
  • StarSon
    7439 posts Member
    Options
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    Hopefully they decouple Conquest and LsGeoTB while they're tweaking schedules.

Guess we'll have to see. LSTB is pushed a week as well, and starts when the 2nd week of Conquest should be starting. Unless Conquest is pushed a week as well, in which case they start on the same day, which is worst case scenario really.
  • Decicrim
    225 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    Not sure why people are so confused. They're changing the schedule, and to compensate they're increasing rewards for the season. They're also running extra events for the inconvenience.

Exactly why people are confused, you already reworded “will be changing rewards to some events” to “will increase rewards to some events”

All I see is only 3 rounds of gac instead of 4. So if I had to assume, we will get less rewards from gac this month. And adding assault battles these events don’t provide crystals as reward.

Honestly I noticed the schedule was different less GAC and more assault battles but that’s it. No idea how we were to deduce that this is supposed to be because of an upcoming title update?!?

As of now all we can know is:
    1. Less gac rounds = less rewards
    2. They are adding more assault events = more shards and relic mats
    3. Apparently they will be changing something else and it affects 1 week of gac since we only get 3

Since the title update looks to be in June (within next month) why so vague just tell the community?

• StarSon
    7439 posts Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Decicrim wrote: »

Exactly why people are confused, you already reworded “will be changing rewards to some events” to “will increase rewards to some events”

All I see is only 3 rounds of gac instead of 4. So if I had to assume, we will get less rewards from gac this month. And adding assault battles these events don’t provide crystals as reward.

Honestly I noticed the schedule was different less GAC and more assault battles but that’s it. No idea how we were to deduce that this is supposed to be because of an upcoming title update?!?

3. Apparently they will be changing something else and it affects 1 week of gac since we only get 3

Since the title update looks to be in June (within next month) why so vague just tell the community?

You make a lot of assumptions. They literally told us they're giving us more stuff because of the change in schedule. If we're really only getting 3 weeks of GAC it's more likely so that the end lines up with the original end to get it back on schedule. Every single time they have done something like this, any change to rewards was an increase.

Honestly, why would they highlight fewer events and then tell us there's a change to rewards and you assume that means we're just missing out on 2 weeks' worth of stuff?

Edit: also we are supposed to deduce it's because of a Title Update because they told us it's because of a Title Update.
  • BVH3030
    67 posts Member
    Options
    Years worth of this semi abusive relationship is why they would assume that
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    Drathuk916 wrote: »
    rf5awonrdt47.jpeg

Mostly because there is little trust between the player base and cg. I don’t understand why the first mention of a change has always got to be so vague. Are you increasing rewards? Decreasing? Shifting things around?

oczxssz5xuhs.jpg
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    Options

You make a lot of assumptions. They literally told us they're giving us more stuff because of the change in schedule. If we're really only getting 3 weeks of GAC it's more likely so that the end lines up with the original end to get it back on schedule. Every single time they have done something like this, any change to rewards was an increase.

Honestly, why would they highlight fewer events and then tell us there's a change to rewards and you assume that means we're just missing out on 2 weeks' worth of stuff?

Edit: also we are supposed to deduce it's because of a Title Update because they told us it's because of a Title Update.

Sure, they might be giving us an increase in rewards for GAC to compensate for the shortened schedule. But, let's be frank: There's plenty in CG's history to also say that they may have decided they're giving us too many crystals and they're paring it back.

Like all things CG communicates: This is vague at best, and given their history I think it's ok for people to be a little skeptical.
  • Granolo
    214 posts Member
    Options
    They are saying they are changing the rewards "to account for different schedule". It's just that.

If they wanted to change crystals in GAC they don't need to make a statement like this, they would only do it without anticipation (because that's how they work). If they wrote this paragraph is because people will see there are less GACs and they would have started complaining that they will get less crystals because of that, they just anticipated to the criticism.
  • Decicrim
    225 posts Member
    Options

Every single time was an increase? Really?
    They literally state, “gac rewards are changing and they are running more assault battles to account for the difference.”
    They didn’t highlight less events, they highlighted more events?!?
    So I think yes, assume you get less gac rewards this month overall, (Maybe they increase the weekly rewards to make 3weeks of payout be the same as 4 weeks, but I doubt it since they are adding the assault battles) otherwise why would they run more events to compensate.

I do hope it’s a 1 time thing, to get them bake to original schedule from that 1 botched gac months ago when they switched the format, but only time will tell because it’s a vague post ;)

• Options

My complaint was about the vagueness. It’s a confusing paragraph with grammar mistakes too. They obviously know there is a disruption coming to the schedule so why piece meal it? Say hey due to the disruption to the normal schedule for the week of 6/6 to 6/13, we are doing x y and z. Use words like temporary or make good. They knew the event calendar would be the first time we hear about a disruption, so that should be their deadline for locking in and communicating the temporary changes.

Instead we got a paragraph that provides very little information and forces us to examine both the may and June calendar to understand the disruption. We can’t even get all the answers because the July calendar obviously isn’t released so some are assuming a three week gac season and some are assuming, myself included, just a delay.
  • PumaK
    301 posts Member
    Options
    When you read an announcement for a game mode that end turning just an event, that say the cadence and all and the requisites: R3 characters and later, When the event get launched they magically add a gate that Never was announced as a GP requeriment.
  • Options
    My best guess is Proving Grounds will be added during this update as well.
  • Options

Proving Grounds has already been added. It's in the events tab.
  • Options

Right. It was added in todays update.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Solarite
    26 posts Member
    Options

Unless you have less than 4M GP...
  • Options
    Solarite wrote: »

It’s fine.
  • Options
    Wolfcast1e wrote: »
    Solarite wrote: »

It’s fine.

I see what you did there
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Less gac sounds amazing. CG is killing it lately! Next thing you know they’ll make conquest not an insane timesuck and all will be right in swgohland.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you