Heroes selection and farming

Georgesid007
4 posts Member
edited May 2022
So im level 46 and i already have rebels like stormtrooper han, princess leia, old ben and farmboy luke and im trying to get emperor palpatine. Now, i searched the internet to find the best way to accomplish that and i found out that you need phoenix squad heroes, but i already have a great squad almost having lando to gear lvl vii. Im trying to get them and i already have 2 members but it will still be difficult to take them to 7 stars. Should i stick with the rebels or should i try to farm the phoenix squad?
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• I would say Phoenix is the way to go. While it seems really tedious to start a new team right now, they will be needed to unlock Thrawn. Then you add Darth Vader to the mix, that unlocks as you progress in the game, and you'll have the 3 main members of a basic Empire team.

On the other hand, if you stik to your rebels you could go for Commander Luke Skywalker. While unlocking him won't be much of a problem, the issue is that you'll need Han and Chewie to have a solid Rebel team. Han gets unlocked via the Rancor, and for Chewie you'll need a whole Bounty Hunter team. Both of these things will require a long time to achieve.
  • Ok thanks i really want some guidance here because its a frustrating thing to start a new team but i guess its the right choice. Thanks for the advice ill get right into it.
  • Phoenix farming also gives you 2 jedi to go towards unlocking Grand Master Yoda.
  • The only thing is that ive already started the journey to get palpy and it's difficult to start grinding for another team while you have an almost complete team. But i guess it was only a matter of time.
  • The only thing is that ive already started the journey to get palpy and it's difficult to start grinding for another team while you have an almost complete team. But i guess it was only a matter of time.

A farming guide will probably help you. Also to learn a characters worth, potential and need. So the rebel team you have is pretty trash, it's not going to get anywhere. However, they're all needed for very good characters, so there's no harm in them.

Phoenix you also need for Thrawn and they're pretty good in Galatic War too. However, eventually you'll retire them. They have a very low ceiling.

As for Palp, 6 months ago he was pretty worthless. Mara Jade has brought him back into the meta again. If you're not in a position to farm Mara, I'm not sure what his worth is. Back in the day he was meta, so he's probably pretty good at lower levels still.
  • So the good news is, those heroes that you have already are needed for Commander Luke, so none of it is wasted. 3 of them are also used for the Jedi-Luke duo & so will have to be relic'd some day.

Those characters are just usually more like your 3rd Light Side team to start grinding since Phoenix + Jedi are a better starting points for 1st & 2nd LS team respectively.

I wouldn't take Farmboy or StormHan above Gear 8/9 range. The other 3 you can go higher & it won't be wasted, just maybe a short term delay of gearing someone else.

You might be able to get Palpatine with them for sure at 5* level, but, they lack the synergy for 7* w/o better gear on them which starts to be a waste.

Phoenix squadron is a VERY fast farm so you can get them up & running quickly, & only Ezra needs more than G8 for the Thrawn event.

Also start thinking ahead for Fleet that starts at L60, before you get to 60 you want to have farmed up several good DS Pilots.

Kylo+Silencer, Geo Sldr, Geo Spy are all 3 good starting options for your Cantina farms after Hera & Ezra but before Old Ben.
  • Georgesid007
    4 posts Member
    edited May 2022
    I know that at some point ill have to stop upgrading the phoenix squad since it will be at no use for other characters. Now im trying to get them fast, i have 3 and i think today ill collect them all. And thanks for the other information i know for a fact that it will be handy later on.
  • Well very simply; as soon as you get a 7 star Thrawn, you stop upgrading phoenix as a team. Individual members you may find handy, but that's later on.

It would be tempting to keep upgrading them, as they're super handy in Galatic War. However, you can make teams like Mom Mothma, Imperial Troopers, Bad Batch, Geos pretty cheaply now and they're in a different league.

I actually like Storm Trooper Han. Of your line up, I find him the handiest. Though Old Ben has the most life in him. He's the only one used in meta teams.
  • Binary
    50 posts Member
    Ok thanks i really want some guidance here because its a frustrating thing to start a new team but i guess its the right choice. Thanks for the advice ill get right into it.

if you want some long term help to guide your farming decisions, have a look at AhnaldT101's video's
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDwzMO09uik

This should help you plan your long term future with the game if you continue
  • Yes i have watched his farming guide. Well lets start off by just taking the phoenix squad to 5-6 stars and then we can move on with the help of the guide.
  • Binary
    50 posts Member
    With the accelerated character farm, it should be so much easier for you to build up your toon roster.
    My best advise is to not waste resources on characters and abilities (like Zeta's) that you have no intention on adding later into the game.

I have some big regrets with some characters who now have absolutely no place in my roster, but at the time i thought they were really cool (Ahsoka Fulcrum for example)
  • Yes i have watched his farming guide. Well lets start off by just taking the phoenix squad to 5-6 stars and then we can move on with the help of the guide.

You'll have to take them to 7 and gear 9ish maybe, maybe more.
  • Binary
    50 posts Member
    Yes i have watched his farming guide. Well lets start off by just taking the phoenix squad to 5-6 stars and then we can move on with the help of the guide.

You'll have to take them to 7 and gear 9ish maybe, maybe more.

From my understanding you can get away with having some at G7 and then taking some of the others to higher, like Ezra & Kanan. but you end up needing a lot of RNG to help if you have lower gear
  • I think I got 7* Thrawn w/ all G8 & Ezra at 10, but it was a long time ago. Omegas on Zeb & Ezra Primaries & the Uniques for the whole team to share abilities via Hera Lead.