Grand Arena - How many points for each opposing empty defense slot?

I followed the bug, and the fix, addressing players who previously attempted cheese-wins by leaving empty defense slots so that attacking opponent could not score points.

Then the fix to award points for that auto-win-by-default immediately when the attacker attacks a defended slot, to avoid the racket of defending one zone with an unbeatable GL when the empty slot points were initially not awarded unless the zone was cleared.

HOWEVER:
Still looking for an official wiki entry detailing EXACTLY HOW MANY POINTS are being awarded to the attacker at each rank, for 3v3 and 5v5, when the opponent leaves a defensive slot empty?
Are "full/absolute max" banners being awarded? (does NOT appear so, so there is some question as to which points, exactly, are being awarded)

e.g. a 3v3
Victory=15
on 1st try=30
with all 3 surviving=3
at full health=3
and full protection=3
defeated available empty defenders=3
on 1st attack=10
points for "Squad" beat=28
That'd be 95.

If no wiki points for "squad beat" -28 results =67.

If added 4x 3 unused attacker slots +12 =107...or 79.

Did I miss an option?
Something else involved?
Does anyone have a link to that info officially?

Replies

• StarSon
    7432 posts Member
    It's max banners, your math is just off. I suspect the wiki data is wrong. Just go into GAC and look at the scoring there. But max is 69 (that excludes the first attack).
  • crzydroid
    7296 posts Moderator
    It's not technically max; it does not give the 10 for initial attack.

What you’re missing in your math though, is that you are double counting points for the unused slots. The 67 you got includes 3 out of the 4 points for each unused slot, and second of all, a max score could never include all three slots unused as you would need at least one attacker. So 67+2=69 for a max first attempt. But if it's blank, it would only be 59, since it doesn't give you the +10.
  • Sandomar wrote: »
    Victory=15
    on 1st try=30
    with all 3 surviving=3
    at full health=3
    and full protection=3
    defeated available empty defenders=3

on 1st attack=10
    points for "Squad" beat=28
    That'd be 95.

If no wiki points for "squad beat" -28 results =67.

If added 4x 3 unused attacker slots +12 =107...or 79.

Did I miss an option?
    Something else involved?
    Does anyone have a link to that info officially?

As stated your math is off.

IF you have a Character there, you get UP TO 3 points (Alive, Full Health, Full Protection)
    IF you have NO Character & do an underbid you get 4 points.

You don't get both.

No idea what the "Squad-28" is and the +10 is part of YOUR 1st attack, not part for just having a vacant freebie.
    You get 1 point for Killing an enemy, empty, full, period.

So the math is for 3v3 would be....
    30+15+3+4+4+3 = 59 (Maxed)

At least that is how I understand it.

StarSon wrote: »
    It's max banners, your math is just off. I suspect the wiki data is wrong. Just go into GAC and look at the scoring there. But max is 69 (that excludes the first attack).
    I think you mean INCLUDES to hit 69, its 59 Max in 3v3.
  • StarSon
    7432 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    Sandomar wrote: »
    I think you mean INCLUDES to hit 69, its 59 Max in 3v3.

Ah, yes, that. Oops.
  • crzydroid wrote: »

Wait, so if I don't set a defense, and then I'm able to go in and solo every battle without a losing a banner, the other player loses?
  • StarSon
    7432 posts Member
    Ferril9909 wrote: »
    crzydroid wrote: »

Wait, so if I don't set a defense, and then I'm able to go in and solo every battle without a losing a banner, the other player loses?

Yes, but unless you work it out with your opponent ahead of time (or you're a cheater), it's not going to happen.
  • Ferril9909
    55 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    Yes, but unless you work it out with your opponent ahead of time (or you're a cheater), it's not going to happen.
    To quote JML - "Amazing, every word of what you just said was wrong"
    The attached in from a GAC battle today. It's one of a shardmate's alt accounts. He generally uses it for tickets and doesn't join GAC. He accidentally did this time. He sets zero defenses. He then proceeded to solo all the squad teams and I believe took in no RI's in fleets. Lost no banners in any fight. He did not cheat. He did not prearrange things, he simply thought he wouldn't be able to win.
    He was hoping it was just the visual bug thing. Maybe there is still hope.
    gv296wj0k7o7.jpg
  • I will add, that I don't think the situation will happen very often, so it's an edge type of situation. I doubt the same can happen in the higher tiers of GAC.
  • crzydroid
    7296 posts Moderator
    The attached in from a GAC battle today. It's one of a shardmate's alt accounts. He generally uses it for tickets and doesn't join GAC. He accidentally did this time. He sets zero defenses. He then proceeded to solo all the squad teams and I believe took in no RI's in fleets. Lost no banners in any fight. He did not cheat. He did not prearrange things, he simply thought he wouldn't be able to win.
    gv296wj0k7o7.jpg

I was going to say, it's more possible in lower tiers, which this obviously is, as there are not as many defenses. Still, I think it requires someone who dropped down.
  • StarSon
    7432 posts Member
    gv296wj0k7o7.jpg

He must have lost some banners, right? Max for that tier should be 863 (since his opponent got max minus the 10 for first attack), should it not?
  • crzydroid
    7296 posts Moderator
    gv296wj0k7o7.jpg

He must have lost some banners, right? Max for that tier should be 863 (since his opponent got max minus the 10 for first attack), should it not?

Yes, lost 8 banners if he set no defense and only won by 2.
  • correct, he didn't take in solo in the fleet battle, lost no banners.
  • Ferril9909
    55 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    I was going to say, it's more possible in lower tiers, which this obviously is, as there are not as many defenses. Still, I think it requires someone who dropped down.

Right, it's an alt account and he typically never joins - just did by mistake. It's carbonite 5 - and he's got about 250K GP on his opponent, for whatever that means these days.

Oh, so the 10 points aren't included? It's not just a visual bug? No hope?!?
    Post edited by Ferril9909 on
  • crzydroid
    7296 posts Moderator

Right, it's an alt account and he typically never joins - just did by mistake. It's carbonite 5 - and he's got about 250K GP on his opponent, for whatever that means these days.

Oh, so the 10 points aren't included? It's not just a visual bug? No hope?!?

No, it does not award the 10 points, AFAIK. There have been visual scoring bugs before, but I don't think this is one of them. The person with the higher score displayed is likely going to win.
  • Indeed he did. So it wasn't a visual bug. Still seems like there should be a consistent process that allows someone who doesn't set defenses to lose.
  • It does seem like a problem to NOT have the bonus 10 points awarded to a person who literally CANT attack because there is nothing to attack.