TW is broken

JhonConners
5 posts Member
edited June 2022
I’m okay with matchmaking not being perfect and getting crazy matches, but how is it right that a smaller guild has to place the same # of teams as a larger guild, yet we don’t get the same rewards? If we have to play by the bigger guild’s division rules, we should get the bigger guild’s division rewards?

gvxccjje9udr.png
Post edited by Ultra on

Replies

• I’m okay with matchmaking not being perfect and getting crazy matches, but how is it right that a smaller guild has to place the same # of teams as a larger guild, yet we don’t get the same rewards? If we have to play by the bigger guild’s division rules, we should get the bigger guild’s division rewards?

gvxccjje9udr.png
  • Rewards are based on GP attending the TW, not overall Guild GP if I recall. Did all 50 of their people show up? Based on the GP difference it sounds like it might be 50 vs. 38 or something similar to that.
    first order tie pilot
  • StarSon
    7432 posts Member
    You are their gift. If you check their record they probably lost 2 in a row, and now they get a free win.
  • Jml727
    116 posts Member
    43 of us actually joined...nice to see some free advertising. 4 Tws in a row...losing streak...not pressuring anyone to join...yup 43 seems like a decent enough amount of people.
  • Perses
    10 posts Member
    Being a member of your opposing guild I can agree with all of that, not all 50 joined (not gonna say more for obvious reasons), we lost our last 1 atleast I know, however even with both of those I still 100% agree it's not right.
    If your guild has to go against a guild with x amount more GP, then your guild should atleast get that tier of rewards. That way even if you lose you still gain something "worth it"
  • Dianora
    119 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    (Edited after rereading state of the gearlaxy).

That's not how it works. Defenses are based on the smaller GP guild. It's possible that you got paired across a division (although unlikely since they're several divisions higher than you) but more likely around 70M worth of their players did not sign up.

If you're noticing a large increase in defenses needed, it's probably because you recently crossed from the 280-299M bracket to 300-319M.
  • JhonConners
    5 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    Dianora wrote: »
    (Edited after rereading state of the gearlaxy).

That's not how it works. Defenses are based on the smaller GP guild. It's possible that you got paired across a division (although unlikely since they're several divisions higher than you) but more likely around 70M worth of their players did not sign up.

If you're noticing a large increase in defenses needed, it's probably because you recently crossed from the 280-299M bracket to 300-319M.

i don’t believe the state of the gearlaxy addresses # of teams per zone (although good chance i just am missing it)

Edit: found it, and was not aware of that. Good point.
    But in cross divisional matches guilds still get their own division rewards, which seems very odd
  • wildnz
    256 posts Member
    Yeah that was a rough one. We had a number sit out due to real life commitments , combined with 2 losses on the bounce. I've never agreed that 2 losses should mean GP brackets are ignored in matchmaking (we have been on both sides of this). I'd like to see some sort of balancing system so if you are matched agaisnt a guild with much higher GP you have less teams to set than them , even 1 per zone , so that in effect you have a headstart on points i.e a handicapping system. Problem is people find ways to exploit them. Remember one of the goals of this new system was to discourage sandbagging , or signing up with less participants as they worded it. Epic fail I'm afraid.

Hope you guys get a better match up next time.
  • We typically only get 43-46 sign up. People have lives outside of CGs control and influence. Never was in a guild that forced players to sit out but enjoy the flexibility to do things like go camping, take a cruise, e joy an anniversary unplugged from the world.