Unbalanced Grand Arena Matchmaking

Rnsly463
2 posts Member
edited June 2022
Sup guys. Iv noticed since the new Grand Arena matchmaking went into affect, how unbalanced my opponents are for me. Iv discussed at length with my guild and my twitch community as well as other twitch streamers communities. One guild members son just hit level 85 and he has 0 g11’s. His first ever GA opponent has 2 r7 teams. How in the world is things like this considered fair matchmaking. This system has been broken since it’s launch. It’s literally starting to kill the Grand Arena experience for many, many players. I would like to get as many people’s thoughts/experiences with this because it’s offically gotten to the point where I can’t even play the game mode anymore. I’m a day 1 player. Nearly 3 GL’s, and I can barely do anything. At some point a discussion needs to be made for a separate sign up where when u sign up for Grand Arena, u can pick your preference of 5v5 or 3v3. Some people hv the accounts to do 3vs3 but some don’t but they can play 5vs5. Let me know and CG know in the comments what u guys think….
Post edited by Ultra on

Replies

• harvestmouse
    891 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    I do not want to go back to GP match making. I dislike how it makes you play the game.

Also under the old system, the difficulty of opponent basically 'reset' after each season. So the amount of players that went 12-0, 11-1, 10-2 each season was very very high. So the old system wasn't fair.

Now, the win ratio is much more even, and I guess 'fair'.

However, there are downsides.

There can be large divisional changes, which at this stage I don't think should be happening.

Some players are sandbagging, causing mismatches.

Those that aren't playing at all, are sinking to the bottom. Hence your guild member's son's terrible match up. This last point in particular is a real problem in my opinion. There's no fun there, as the outcome is decided on whether the bigger guy turns up or not.

I think at the very least there should be a 'starter' division, which you can't get demoted into. Only promoted out of. In the long run though, I think sandbagging and non-playing needs to be addressed.

As for you, I don't see a problem. If you're finding it too hard, you're probably too high (in league). A few losses and you'll be somewhere, where you can compete a bit better. That's how the system works, everybody gets their 5-7 wins (on average) per season. There's nothing more fair than that. Just..........some of the matches won't be fair.

I don't like that we are using the same rankings for 5v5 and 3v3. How can we fine tune the rankings, when we're changing the game being played? I would prefer the choice or 3v3 moved out of GAC and has its own arena.