Best Jedi Squad?

Hi all, can only find discussion from years past, but new characters are now in the mix of course :)

I just unlocked Jedi Knight Luke and am on my way to JM Luke. In the meantime, what is the best jedi squad to roll with and gear for while building toward that? Im finding that my CLS rebel squad is still hitting harder right now, but I have geared them all up to the JM requirements so its understandable. Here is what I'm running now:

JKL (R7), Jedi Revan (R5), GM Yoda (R2), Hermit Yoda (R3), Jolee/Bastilla (Both Gear XII, but switch between because not sure which is optimal yet).

I dont want to relic bastilla or Jolee just yet since they arent on the JM path, so I was wondering who might fill that 5th slot better? I'm starting to build Old Ben and Jedi Rey since they are on the JML list, but Rey seems like she is most effective with her own squad. So should I run Old ben or bite the bullet for someone else?

Also, any suggestions on best JML squads would be cool too, as I would be happier to relic someone who might work out for my end game too.

Replies

• crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    In GAC, JKL and Hermit Yoda can often take out teams by themselves if they're modded right. Sometimes if you want a tank you can throw Old Ben or GK in there. This can free up your Revan squad for elsewhere.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    Post your account?
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    Post your account?

https://swgoh.gg/p/671218478/
  • I’m finding that i use two core teams, with the ability to break JKL into his own when appropriate.

JKR, GMY, Bastila, Jolee + 1 (Ezra / Ben)
    JML, Hermit, JKL, Shaak + 1 (I like Aayla for the whack-a-mole stuns, and she’s needed for JMK anyway)

As previously noted, if you don’t need the full-fat JML team, JKL with Hermit and Ben make a killer team themselves (fast Hermit to get things started). JML can then just use some leftovers and do all the damage with the Jedi’s Lesson special calls

(Note that this assumes that Ashoka, JKA, Kyle and GAS have better things do!)
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    Post your account?

crzydroid wrote: »
    In GAC, JKL and Hermit Yoda can often take out teams by themselves if they're modded right. Sometimes if you want a tank you can throw Old Ben or GK in there. This can free up your Revan squad for elsewhere.

Thanks, may i ask whats the suggested modding for jkl and hermit yoda?
  • I’m finding that i use two core teams, with the ability to break JKL into his own when appropriate.

JKR, GMY, Bastila, Jolee + 1 (Ezra / Ben)
    JML, Hermit, JKL, Shaak + 1 (I like Aayla for the whack-a-mole stuns, and she’s needed for JMK anyway)

As previously noted, if you don’t need the full-fat JML team, JKL with Hermit and Ben make a killer team themselves (fast Hermit to get things started). JML can then just use some leftovers and do all the damage with the Jedi’s Lesson special calls

(Note that this assumes that Ashoka, JKA, Kyle and GAS have better things do!)

Thanks! I see a lot of top jml squads with GAS. Is he worth going for after i get my jml unlocked?
  • Absolutely. But although GAS is an awesome Jedi (with JML or Kenobi), he’s a better leader of Clones - One of the best non-GL teams
  • Absolutely. But although GAS is an awesome Jedi (with JML or Kenobi), he’s a better leader of Clones - One of the best non-GL teams

Yeah that seems like a good squad, though i do always slap GAS clone teams with my cls squad lol
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Post your account?

crzydroid wrote: »

Thanks, may i ask whats the suggested modding for jkl and hermit yoda?

When I run this team, I like Luke slow with very high damage, and Hermit Yoda very fast. My Hermit Yoda is 352. Luke you should do crit damage triangle and offense arrow and cross, with offense secondaries if you can find them. I'm able to get him over 11,000 offense with a crit damage set; if you go offense set, you should have at least that but can get over 12,000. Some people mod Luke faster because they run him under either JML or JKR at times for various purposes.