State of the gear-laxy?

madhader
72 posts Member
edited June 2022
Seems like the state of the gear-laxy is dead. The supposed multi phase changes to gear acquisition didn’t even finish all of phase 1, and nothing has ever been said about a phase 2, etc. And to top that off, we hear from unofficial sources that gear changes are done? Not sure what to think about this, but it would be great if this was revisited.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    We're rolling in stun guns, stun cuffs, and golden eyeballs--and, by extension, gold stun guns. These used to be huge roadblocks and now they're easy as hell to get.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • madhader
    72 posts Member
    Yes, some things are easier (although I wouldn’t put it as fas as rolling in it), but that still doesn’t address everything they intended or everything that should be considered.
  • CT7099
    30 posts Member
    It's CG, must've forgotten about it themselves
  • CT7099
    30 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    We're rolling in stun guns, stun cuffs, and golden eyeballs--and, by extension, gold stun guns. These used to be huge roadblocks and now they're easy as hell to get.

And that sole reason is enough to make you forgive them about the changes that they promised?
    It's not like we are asking for more relief on gear farming, but CG said it themselves.
  • I like that they added the daily assault battles. Helps out a bit at least with the shard shop currency for buying bits of gear.
  • wildnz
    256 posts Member
    Subject to change. The only time this doesn't apply is if an item cost $4.95 and you paid CG $5 , then you get no change.
  • Lumiya
    1474 posts Member

I would say this depends on where you are. I am definitely not rolling in them! Still always short on them! If you are longer in the game and don't have so many characters to level up it might be true what you say, but beginners or mid game players whom have still a lot of characters to gear up have a shortage. The changes didn't shift anything.
    Starting with G7/8 you still hit the same problems. Whenever I gear up a new character, this is where I get stuck.
    With R9 in the game and characters that are worth nothing until they are at least g12(with just very few exceptions), these roadblocks should have moved further up naturally and this is what the gear changes were/should have been supposed to do.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • They altered the deal. Pray they do not alter it any further.
  • CT7099
    30 posts Member

Lumiya wrote: »

I would say this depends on where you are. I am definitely not rolling in them! Still always short on them! If you are longer in the game and don't have so many characters to level up it might be true what you say, but beginners or mid game players whom have still a lot of characters to gear up have a shortage. The changes didn't shift anything.
    Starting with G7/8 you still hit the same problems. Whenever I gear up a new character, this is where I get stuck.
    With R9 in the game and characters that are worth nothing until they are at least g12(with just very few exceptions), these roadblocks should have moved further up naturally and this is what the gear changes were/should have been supposed to do.

Well said, I was having a Mk3 Carbanti problem a few weeks ago and now I don't seem to have enough Mk6 HSyringes
  • As a player who’s been active since more or less game launch I think it’s strange that I still haven’t all characters older than 1 year at gear lvl 12.5 at least.
  • Binary
    50 posts Member
    Lumiya wrote: »

I would say that is incorrect as well. I am 7Million GP and is still struggle to get enough Carbanti's and Stun guns. Tend to have a reserve of Stun Cuffs but then out of nowhere a character will need 350 and i'll be back to 0 for them and need to begin the hoarding again.

The big killer is Kyro's. they are the bane of all farming
  • NicWester wrote: »

Speak for yourself. I'm gearing inquisitors right now and I've been stuck behind stun guns the whole time. We are getting more of them now than we used to, but it still hasn't fixed the bottle neck - and certainly hasn't moved it to G13 gear. I still get that stuff faster than stun guns or carbs.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • LynxVJ
    138 posts Member
    As an almost 8m player, I'm still bottlenecked by carbs, guns, and sometimes cuffs.
  • Screerider
    1359 posts Member
    I never not stopped farming Core Gear.
  • PumaK
    301 posts Member

And they're still huge roadblocks.
    G8 is not only the old bottleneck but for new players also it's a Big bottleneck. And kyro also increase a lot the bottleneck on g8 with each new addition.

These gear changes was supposed to be a catch up mechanic, but solve almost nothing and it's More evident to the exponential increasing kyro crunch plus carb, syrin and all the core gear with each new character release.