[MEGATHREAD] Road Ahead: June 2022 - Datacrons

Replies

• SomeDonkus wrote: »
    I don’t hate the idea honestly. If relic 3 is the min to interact though…relic 3 needs to be way more obtainable. Launching this before QoL improvements and major gear economy updates was a serious misplay imo. What is the plan to make relic’ing a toon more obtainable?

Players just need to spend more money.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    I think a pilot or test run would have been a good idea.

If only they announced an exhibition phase....

Doesn't that just mean we're the beta testers? Do the results of the GACs or TWs during the exhibition phase not count?
    No

It means CG wants your opinion on what went right and wrong with datacrons and wants to give a trial period on how it works, and whats it like

Based on past experience, CG will listen to our feedback, and lock all positive changes behind the new Datacron Pass. And for extra money you can get the Datacron+ pass for extra boosts to your datacrons.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Looooki wrote: »
    Lol, almost 9 pages of feedback and nothing from CG.

They will answer the questions from this thread in Q&A i believe

And when is that? Also will that Q&A be only for DataCons or will there be actual questions answered regarding the tons of other issues with the game

Its a Datacrons Q&A so....
  • Durandal
    109 posts Member
    "Worst Ahead" Junte 22
  • How many different datacrons do you think the average player will obtain per set?

How many rerolls will the average player be able to do per set?

How many battles in conquest do you expect the average player to dedicate to datacron material farming in conquest?

Do the nodes that drop datacron material drop it more than once? If so is there a limit?

Can you reroll after any level, if so is it cheaper to re roll after level 3 than level 9?

How much advance notice will we get on future sets? Days before they go live? A month?

Will omicrons be turned on in squad arena too?

Will preset defenses in gac save datacrons or do I need to go in and apply any datacrons each round?
  • TargetEadu
    1536 posts Member

And when is that? Also will that Q&A be only for DataCons or will there be actual questions answered regarding the tons of other issues with the game

Datacrons Q, at least. Not seeing a lot of A’s. Any idea when those come?
  • bap1234
    126 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    98% of posts here about players wanting free gear every millisecond and not datacron/ra. STAY CLASSY SWGOH MEATHEADS, CG DOESN'T OWE U A SINGLE GEAR.
  • TargetEadu
    1536 posts Member
    Here’s one question: for all that’s been changed to avoid infinite TM loops, why do Finn and Aayla’s datacron boosts act as immediate infinite TM loops?
  • You're not going to believe this, but the people on the forums are being overwhelming negative about something

Maybe because CG constantly do negative things? Maybe because they are so insanely lucky they have the Star Wars IP attached and if this game didn’t have Star Wars attached it would have failed 5 years ago?

Every addition CG creates is purely to either continuously move progression goalposts or rinse money from people. It says a lot that most of the time on this app isn’t even playing the game, but doing mundane farming/progression crap. And they don’t change cause people like you defend their ****

Here's the thing, no matter what that company does, all of you guys are going to be nasty and hateful about it

If I hated this game as much as the people on the forums do I'd uninstall in a heartbeat
  • They don't hate the game. They hate the way it's being managed. Won't speak for all of them. But for my part, I see the potential that isn't being met, and it makes me angry and kinda sad. Unfortunately, the profit margins are better for ridiculous new progression systems than new content.
  • This "road ahead" is like, when you're a kid and your Dad is finally trying to spend time with you and buys you some chocolate cake.

And you're allergic to chocolate.
  • Jeromy
    18 posts Member
    @CG_SBCrumb thanks for doing a Q&A on datacrons. I have collected some questions from my guild and organized them all here for convenience.

Scouting – Are you able to see your opponent's datacron(s) details prior to the attack phase of the specific game mode (GAC or TW) in order to balance your defense while keeping an appropriate counter for that team? Or can do only see it once you click on the defensive team during the attack phase?

Prevalence – How many datacrons can you (a single player) use during a single GAC match-up/Territory War? You can earn 5(?) from conquest (one at end of each sector) and a lesser amount from TW, shipments, and login calendar. So it is possible to have 6+ datacrons from the Treatise Inquisitorius chapter, but are you only able to equip a single one per chapter? Or can you have all 5 teams in a GAC zone each have a different datacron attached to them?

General Availability – Assuming you are able to max out hard conquest (red crate 7) and your guild has a winning average in TW - without spending any crystals/money from shipments/packs, how many times can you reroll a fully upgraded datacron with the free materials you earn from the respective game modes?

TW Availability – For the materials which come from TW, does it scale similar to how R9 materials currently do (focus on winning and higher GP guilds)? What is the cutoff (if any) guild GP for when these appear in prize pool? Can you earn update/reroll materials with a loss?

Potential Nerfs - There is definitely some potential for near-infinite turn meter loops or other potentially “broken” mechanics from various datacrons - an example would be with Aayla where she gets a bonus turn upon a stun, during that bonus turn she can stun on a critical hit, and when GR allies use a special ability they inflict an irresistible stun, which keeps feeding her another bonus turn again and again. If there are these types of interactions which lead to teams beating galactic legends, can we expect nerfs to be rolled out or are these types of interactions expected/fair game? I ask because in the last road ahead you outlined the various tiers (marquee, journey guide, GL, GL+conquest, etc.) and how high a single omicron can elevate a team - I am curious if the same applies here.

Scaling Recycle – Dismantling datacrons is listed as a primary (and secondary) source for the various upgrade/reroll materials - Is this a flat value based on the overall level of the datacron (i.e. all level 9s give the same), or does it reflect the total amount of resources invested into it. Example: if you reroll the level 6 fraction mechanic 7 times, do you get back more materials than if you only did 1 reroll?

No Hoarding – I am a little confused on the datacron specific upgrade materials - can you clarify a few things - it seems that each chapter has unique upgrade materials than can't be used in other chapters? If you have extra upgrade/reroll materials at the end of the season, they can’t be used on the next season’s datacron? You can’t hoard materials, as the older materials won’t work on a new set - do the unused materials also get dismantled/partially replaced with new materials?

Thanks so much for your time with answering these and other's questions. Look forward to seeing them in action in the near future.
  • kevin82262
    24 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    Give me new ship raid, sim sith raid, new gear changes, sandbox Battle Mode, things to help to clear cpit and LS geo, real time PvP marches, crafts gear from jawa like relics... Not money grab thats nobody was asking called datacrons... We have already omicrons thats are good stuff
    who is going to buy datacrons if they are temporary, they only last 3 months after that all your investment in money disappears, what is the point of that? only stupid people would buy that, on top of that power and character that are the best like JMK or Rey, seriously, it's the last thing the game needs, another payment wall
    Post edited by crzydroid on
  • Will we be able to see our opponents datacron inventory similar to how we can see their character inventory before attack phase in GAC?

Can we get an estimate on how many free datacrons we might be able to get in a chapter?

Is there an inventory limit for datacrons? If yes, what is the limit?

• Avinash
    168 posts Member
    What it boils down to is this:
    More and more items need to be added to toons for monetary purposes. CG needs new ways to get more money, so adding an item like datacrons, higher mod slicing, relic levels, etc will help achieve the goal of making a certain % of profit each quarter.

Fixing the game would be nice. The game freezes/crashes, gear crunch issues, crystals in GAC (a plus for cheaters), glitches, buggy toons & gameplay (you & the AI), readjusting rewards (many are archaic), Capital ships you don't have enough ships to go with it, etc etc.

We don't need datacrons. We don't need to boost TW/GAC. They are not the only game modes so it would be nice if we can get boosts to the PvE content. We spend so much time in the game as it is, that it should be considered a job and we should be able to get paid for it.

Get rid of datacrons. It's not needed
  • Constructive feedback:

- not sure about this, it does seem complicated; I guess we will see how it works out when it is live
    - above all I am concerned that the implementation in TW or GAC will mean biggest wallet wins. While I am P2P, I take the view that I am paying to advance my roster more quickly for my own satisfaction but I still get matched with players or guilds who are fair opponents and we battle on skill, teamwork, organisation etc. post matchmaking. If the datacrons effectively mean that "fair competition" is replaced with "pay to win" I am out. I have left 2 previous games for that reason.
    - there is a consistent thread in these comments that what the player base really wants is not being addressed so whether this idea is good or bad, it gets shouted down. I understand that. There IS a list of player wants that should take priority or at the very least equal priority (more ships and a fleets equivalent of a squads tab is on my list). More complexity to eat more of my time is not top of my want list.
  • @Artumas has it exactly right here:
    I love theorycrafting, but pvp theorycrafting in this game is so absurdly boring and frustrating due to the sheer amount of variables you have to factor in due to lineup changes and mods that it's generally just not worth doing beyond figuring out consistent hard counters to stuff. Most of which are very obvious.

there are absurdly many variables in PvP. Hard counters are helpful to know. Soft counters are helpful to know, even if sometimes tricky to use. Datacrons are powerful enough to overturn even Hard counters... but at what level? And with soft counters it's even trickier. Maybe you need to max out a datacron before your team can beat a squad that used to hard counter it, but with soft counters do you just need a little boost? A medium boost? How much does a level 2 Datacron do to change the playing field? Level 3?

And you'll only face that one particular squad once in GAC. The next one will have different mods, different turn order, possibly even 1 or 2 toons swapped out but the same leader and core. How much does that experience with a datacron-boosted team last GAC help you in this one? And be careful to keep notes, because the learning curve is necessarily steep! You have to master all these changes in 28 days so you're not still trying to get them down while mastering the next set of interactions.

I'm involved in 50ShardsOfKAM. We do a lot of theory crafting, and I know that mission pretty well. I know it well enough improvise strategies that other people wouldn't think to use when a run goes sideways ... but that's because I'm intimately familiar with the kits and synergies. I know the dynamics, which is what allows for theory crafting in the first place. Datacrons are going to mess that up, and hard, for anyone who focusses on PvP.
  • Ultra wrote: »

Ahhh ok so they’re continuing the trend of zero answers or communication regarding things like the lies regarding gear economy, UI improvements, mod management, QoL, cheating and back door entry into accounts….got it. Makes me wanna spend so much money on this game 😂
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    So serious question.

You guys use datacron to make a lower tier character good during the "season".

I invest to get say ugnaught up to snuff to use the Dcron...

When do i get reward for my investment next?

Ugnaught goes back to lower tier when the season is over, so whats the real point to me investing in him?

For end tier users that have everyone into the relic levels, i see this as good thing... for those of us who dont have r0 or higher on everyone, not so much
  • 1. The bandwagon must be nearly full now?
    2. I have a feeling that a lot of people pooing on this, don't fully understand it.
    3. I doubt there's anybody who fully understands it yet.
    4. Worst thing in the game for me is the jump in the power curve between top legendaries and GLs. I've liked how CG have tried to address this over the last year.
    5. This may help let teams punch up to GLs.
    6. Oh JMK is getting a datacron in the first batch. :( I guess he really needed it............

I don't fully understand the fuss about gear shortages. As I understood it, CG were going to make changes until they were happy with the balance. I guess they reached that. Personally, I don't overly care about mk3 carbantis and mk5 stun guns anymore. I never have a shortage like I did.

It does annoy me that they created a new gear sticking point with the shock prods though......

So I'm not sure if I don't get carbanti and stun gun shortages because they addressed it enough or collecting shock prods stops me getting short of them. A bit of both I guess.

You say you don’t understand so I’ll just at least address that point. There are 4 phases to this gear fix they were thinking. We are in phase 1 still…. Where is the rest?

You don’t have problems with cabantis and stun guns… I do. And the kyrotechs. Some characters needed if between 100-300 of each. People are annoyed because we’ve had these issues for a couple of years now. And now there is a new system to dedicate our time and resources to for both old and new players, except for new players.

I’ve been relatively quiet on CG and their issues but this new system is complete bull and releasing a good year or two too early.

My understanding was they'd 'address the point' until they were happy with the fix. It started off by them unwilling to go all in on fixing gear shortages. They stated and felt that gradual fixes until they were happy was the way to go. Adding fixes until they were happy with the balance. Rather than an all in on all mentioned fixes. Agreed, looking at the 'promised' fixes it did appear that's what they were going to do. However, I don't believe this was the clear plan.

I lived for years with stun guns and carbanti shortages and it's much better now. I'm not going to say I don't run short, but it clears quickly. Which it never did a year or so ago. I think newer players are much better of than what I was and what I am now with the shock prod shortages. Which for me is much much worse than I ever had with stun guns and carbantis.

This whole thread feels like somebody shouted 'Witch' and everybody else joining in without even knowing what a witch is.

Clear plan or not, what was clear is that they had multiple phases and said they would announce more information soon. They haven’t released anything else in over a year and I think it’s counterintuitive to expect that if they say 4 phases then what we should think is 0.5 phases.
  • ShaggyB wrote: »
    So serious question.

You guys use datacron to make a lower tier character good during the "season".

I invest to get say ugnaught up to snuff to use the Dcron...

When do i get reward for my investment next?

Ugnaught goes back to lower tier when the season is over, so whats the real point to me investing in him?

For end tier users that have everyone into the relic levels, i see this as good thing... for those of us who dont have r0 or higher on everyone, not so much

If you don't want to R7 Ugnaught, reroll the last tier of the Datacron.
  • Clear plan or not, what was clear is that they had multiple phases and said they would announce more information soon. They haven’t released anything else in over a year

When 900 years you reach, 12 months like soon will not look.
  • bap1234 wrote: »
    98% of posts here about players wanting free gear every millisecond and not datacron/ra. STAY CLASSY SWGOH MEATHEADS, CG DOESN'T OWE U A SINGLE GEAR.

Caps lock is still cruise control for cool I see.
  • I am just a but disappointed we have to have a full relic team. I am working on CLS chewie Han Chewpio and 3pio but still need the later two relicd. As such I fear my arena rank might fall lower because I don't have a full team of relicd characters. If it was g12 or higher I would be okay with it. I have won against opponents with like 10 to 25 relic characters because my defense holds well enough for me to win. And they placed their guys on offense. But now that can be thrown out if they use datacrons and I can't. I suppose I can speed up my current goal to get 3pio relicd but it still takes awhile.
  • Question for the Q&A.

Do the treasure nodes use Conquest energy?
  • Whatelse73
    2161 posts Member
    Crumb answered a few questions on Hynesy's Friday night stream which is probably going to be beneficial to answer some questions.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member

Really?? When??
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    You're not going to believe this, but the people on the forums are being overwhelming negative about something

Maybe because CG constantly do negative things? Maybe because they are so insanely lucky they have the Star Wars IP attached and if this game didn’t have Star Wars attached it would have failed 5 years ago?

Every addition CG creates is purely to either continuously move progression goalposts or rinse money from people. It says a lot that most of the time on this app isn’t even playing the game, but doing mundane farming/progression crap. And they don’t change cause people like you defend their ****

Here's the thing, no matter what that company does, all of you guys are going to be nasty and hateful about it

If I hated this game as much as the people on the forums do I'd uninstall in a heartbeat

Really, so what is the positive about this?
  • Please, let us save fleets the way we save squads instead of this ridiculous.. .. I don’t even know what to call this enormous waste of an opportunity!!