[MEGATHREAD] Road Ahead: June 2022 - Datacrons

Replies

• IronCross wrote: »
    SotaDraken wrote: »
    StAugJames wrote: »
    Are we still technically in the exhibition/experimental phase of Datacrons or is the 4th group the first of whatever they are throwing at the wall?

Very good question.. With the changes CG is desperately making for the 4th group, it appears that the DCs aren't fully thought out and is still a experiment. Hopefully, CG realizes that this idea of temporary resources will go the same way of the Tournaments.. As is, it no longer exists..

From the start, they weren’t thought out. Set 4 looks like they are going backwards with dodge and reflect mechanics. Just note garbage for an extra month. I’m sure if they actually asked everyone in game there thoughts they would get a lot of pushback.

100 % agree
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    SotaDraken wrote: »
    Wolfcast1e wrote: »
    The conquest grind is much worse than Datacrons. Fight me.

The Conquest grind is horrible and ADDING farming Datacrons and its mats is even more horrible game design..

CG just ignores its own player base, much to chagrin of its rating in the App Stores.. Downward plummet is the trend, unfortunately..

I like Conquest and think GA is horrible. To each their own.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Wolfcast1e wrote: »

Apples and oranges. Datacrons are certain players getting excessively ridiculous items added to their characters and teams that make them more excessively stupid OP and are based on RNG factor. Granted, there are some like the level 6 stun target if you blink garbage where the only RNG is those lucky enough to get that particular ability. (about 7 days and this STUPID ability goes away, lots of people are going to be crying when their teams aren't invincible next week) That same level SIX ability that makes level NINE abilities irrelevant if you don't have that stupid dumb ridiculous garbage outrageous stun ability. (Seriously, who actually thought getting your whole team STUNNED was going to be "fun"? Someone needs to go home and re-think their life)

Conquest has a grind, but at the least they've listened and heard player feedback to reduce some of the grind. There is still grind, but it's not nearly as bad as last Summers' conquest grindage. Further, they might be "listening" to players about datacrons, but they sure aren't hearing us.

They've made datacrons such an unfun factor for too many. They are overpowered garbage and someone deciding to implement them is by no means actually playing this game. If they did, they'd know how dumb it was to add such excessively stupid abilities to Rey and JMK in set 1. Set 2 isn't much better, just on different GL's. (Add to that, they keep adding these datacrons to GL's.) At that, they have datacrons specifically focused on PVP in the game, if we could use datacrons for PVE that at least would be something enjoyable about them.

Players have gotten used to conquest and sure, CG stole the sandbox aspect of it from players, but it's doable. It's not as "fun" as it could be, but at least they've improved the mechanics of it in a lot of ways. Datacrons don't seem to be getting any better, just dumb in different ways.
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Wolfcast1e wrote: »

Apples and oranges. Datacrons are certain players getting excessively ridiculous items added to their characters and teams that make them more excessively stupid OP and are based on RNG factor. Granted, there are some like the level 6 stun target if you blink garbage where the only RNG is those lucky enough to get that particular ability. (about 7 days and this STUPID ability goes away, lots of people are going to be crying when their teams aren't invincible next week) That same level SIX ability that makes level NINE abilities irrelevant if you don't have that stupid dumb ridiculous garbage outrageous stun ability. (Seriously, who actually thought getting your whole team STUNNED was going to be "fun"? Someone needs to go home and re-think their life)

Conquest has a grind, but at the least they've listened and heard player feedback to reduce some of the grind. There is still grind, but it's not nearly as bad as last Summers' conquest grindage. Further, they might be "listening" to players about datacrons, but they sure aren't hearing us.

They've made datacrons such an unfun factor for too many. They are overpowered garbage and someone deciding to implement them is by no means actually playing this game. If they did, they'd know how dumb it was to add such excessively stupid abilities to Rey and JMK in set 1. Set 2 isn't much better, just on different GL's. (Add to that, they keep adding these datacrons to GL's.) At that, they have datacrons specifically focused on PVP in the game, if we could use datacrons for PVE that at least would be something enjoyable about them.

Players have gotten used to conquest and sure, CG stole the sandbox aspect of it from players, but it's doable. It's not as "fun" as it could be, but at least they've improved the mechanics of it in a lot of ways. Datacrons don't seem to be getting any better, just dumb in different ways.

Your last line says it all. They are and I doubt they will ever get better considering they don’t really listen to the community. Making garbage last an extra month wasn’t any improvement that’s for sure.
  • Instead of releasing nerdy innovation as datacron (I will never ever use) you should release more ships for the large combat ships and some mechanism to create fleets as we can do with troops already.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Two active sets is better than three.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I found out today that Sets 1 and 4 overlap, and aren't using the same mats. Maybe I should have checked this thread?
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    Screerider wrote: »
    I found out today that Sets 1 and 4 overlap, and aren't using the same mats. Maybe I should have checked this thread?

I believe when set 1 dismantles, the materials will be converted to set 4 materials

but we'll see after set 1 ends
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    Screerider wrote: »
    I found out today that Sets 1 and 4 overlap, and aren't using the same mats. Maybe I should have checked this thread?

I believe when set 1 dismantles, the materials will be converted to set 4 materials

but we'll see after set 1 ends

They said they would, yes
  • Whenever empire allies inflict a debuff, reduce their cooldowns by 1? ... thanks for this
    I mean it's quite hilarious watching the opposing LV doing his AOE over and over again ability blocking all your toons but this is just completely broken. Clearly never tested. The game is not fun anymore.
  • Security primer level 6 datacron, for Empire characters, when ever they inflict a debuff reduce their CDs by 1

Lord Vader is always able to use his abilities after a CD increasing ability as his dots go out at the start of the turn which I assume is reducing his CDs before he actually takes the turn, allowing him to use special abilities even though he should had a CD on this.
    Can't use JML increase CD on him.

Absolute joke coding and I feel providing this feedback is pointless because it will just be ignored, like all the other points people raise in here.
  • Recurve wrote: »
    Security primer level 6 datacron, for Empire characters, when ever they inflict a debuff reduce their CDs by 1

Lord Vader is always able to use his abilities after a CD increasing ability as his dots go out at the start of the turn which I assume is reducing his CDs before he actually takes the turn, allowing him to use special abilities even though he should had a CD on this.
    Can't use JML increase CD on him.

Absolute joke coding and I feel providing this feedback is pointless because it will just be ignored, like all the other points people raise in here.

I rerolled and was lucky enough to get the cooldown for empire. I tried it out in arena vs JMK. After a couple turns from the JMK team, I got Darth Vader into an almost infinite loop of doing merciless massacre, force crush on every character, then lighting up MM again before the first one was done, rinse, repeat, I did that about 8 times in a row and every member of the JMK team had over 50 DoTs on them each. Started doing Sabre throw on each and one-shotting them, then My Lord Vader got to take a turn and did his force crush. First attempt, probably could've done it with just Lord Vader and Darth Vader and cleared the JMK team easily.

Stupid ridiculous OP meta new shiny garbage. Someone in CG is doing this rubbish on purpose to refresh the meta every cycle so we spend more money, time, and resources to get the new shiny. No one can be so dumb as to implement a consistent pattern of having an OP Meta, that one expires, the next one starts up, rinse & repeat without realizing what is happening.

I have a feeling the next datacron set will be "mild" as if to make us think they are hearing players, then the next set after that (set 6) will go back to being OP.
  • I would really like to see screenshot when ANY SINGLE player asked the question about having too many datacrons. (Or any other question they were answering) Like it was problem to sell them :lol:

“I have so many Datacrons that I don’t or can’t invest in due to sheer volume.”

After the First batch of datacrons dismantle, we got tons of material, i am sitting at 730 MK1 material and i cant use them, because i cant get enough datacrons from from S1 node to use them. That is total ****.t. And CG says it is working as intended.

by3pbx02w9up.png
  • I_JnK_I
    464 posts Member
    edited September 2022
    I raise u this

i got some mats left, but maybe for one to level 5 at best

1do60lc0sisl.png
  • Hey top guilds: Boycott DC before the game is completely ruined......
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Hey good luck with that lol.
  • Do you think, the DC is good for the game, good for the community? I don't think so. The worst thing in the game ever........
  • Also why do these datacrons last for 2 months and we only get 2 different factions to chose from in the bonuses this time?
  • They last for 4 months.

Are you upset by the limiting of the factions? I, for one, enjoy having fewer bad rolls to land (there are still plenty).
  • ShawDou wrote: »
    I would really like to see screenshot when ANY SINGLE player asked the question about having too many datacrons. (Or any other question they were answering) Like it was problem to sell them :lol:

After the First batch of datacrons dismantle, we got tons of material, i am sitting at 730 MK1 material and i cant use them, because i cant get enough datacrons from from S1 node to use them. That is total ****.t. And CG says it is working as intended.

by3pbx02w9up.png

But how many set 4 datacrons do you have? I have two so far. They've severely cut down the amount of datacrons everyone is getting, most likely so we'll spend crystals and/or buy them with real money like that calendar pack and other dopey packs they're pushing on us.
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »
    ShawDou wrote: »
    I would really like to see screenshot when ANY SINGLE player asked the question about having too many datacrons. (Or any other question they were answering) Like it was problem to sell them :lol:

by3pbx02w9up.png

But how many set 4 datacrons do you have? I have two so far. They've severely cut down the amount of datacrons everyone is getting, most likely so we'll spend crystals and/or buy them with real money like that calendar pack and other dopey packs they're pushing on us.

I have 7 of set 4. I don't spend money on datacrons. I have not bought any with crystals.
  • I only have 2 of Set 4, one L6 and one L3, but I'm out of the Data-Caches.
  • RENAMED1000091322
    3 posts Member
    edited September 2022
    I am going to take a break from this game until the datacrons go away, does anyone know when that will be?
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    I am going to take a break from this game until the datacrons go away, does anyone know when that will be?

Yes, never.
  • TVF wrote: »

Yes, never.

I wish never was the answer for when DCs were coming to the game. They such hot trash.
  • Good afternoon. Just a reminder, your datacrons are total utter garbage. They are destroying years of work that players have done by making the new shiny a money making opportunity.

Whoever made this decision and is hiding behind their desk not worried about it, sucks. They are destroying any fun in this game because of your stupid worthless garbage datacron crap. I feel for the community people like Crumb and Meathead who have to deal with the wrath from players because someone doesn't want to step up and take the heat for their bogus garbage decision to implement such overpowered garbage. Your datacrons suck.

Why did I pour years of time, effort, resources, and money into characters in this game if you're just going to shut all that out with your stupid garbage rubbish datacrons that last 4 months? Just a total disregard for players who have been here long enough to build a worthwhile roster only to see it destroyed because of your datacron garbage.

Why keep playing a game that disregards years of loyalty and effort of players? You're turning this into Call of Duty or other battle royale games. You just jump into the game and based on RNG, you get what you get. Good luck! Total garbage.

May a water buffalo fall in love with your car.
  • Datacrons are a plague to this game. Instead of quality content, they basically are giving us rentals. Put time and effort(and for some people, money) into something that you can't even keep. Come on CG. For the money you make, this is not the content players deserve