Rogue One teaser trailer!

Replies

• It is the same actress from the "Sith" deleted scene..
    *Ninth* time. That business on Cato Neimodia doesn't- doesn't count.
  • Khorvog_Karbossa
    1000 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    hnewton wrote: »
    zerizut wrote: »
    huh, another Rey movie? How original...

No but this is Rey/Han not Rey/Luke

Completely different movie :wink:

I'm excited for it it, the next one (Star Wars story - not episode 8) has me scared. Trying to recast Han Solo could be a huge mistake. If they can't get that right I hope they scrap that movie and do something else. A bad Han movie could destroy what they are trying to build.

That movie is 99% going to be bad I think. I don't think you can have someone who's not Harrison Ford play Han Solo.

Yeah, I don't have a lot if faith they will get that right. I can't think of any actors out there today that can pull off the 'coolness' of Han. And I doubt a big name actor will even try. Could be a career killer.

Shia Labeouf was supposed to take over the Indiana Jones movies wasn't he?

They talked about it but not sure he will. And he can't do it, too dorky (for Han, Indy always had a little dork in him). The guy that played Robin in The Dark Knight Rises is the only person I can think of that might pull it off, but I wouldn't blame him for not wanting it.

Joseph Gordon Levitt? i mean that can make sense, he played ladies man in Don Jon, and intelligent **** in premium rush
  • hnewton wrote: »
    zerizut wrote: »
    huh, another Rey movie? How original...

No but this is Rey/Han not Rey/Luke

Completely different movie :wink:

I'm excited for it it, the next one (Star Wars story - not episode 8) has me scared. Trying to recast Han Solo could be a huge mistake. If they can't get that right I hope they scrap that movie and do something else. A bad Han movie could destroy what they are trying to build.

That movie is 99% going to be bad I think. I don't think you can have someone who's not Harrison Ford play Han Solo.

Yeah, I don't have a lot if faith they will get that right. I can't think of any actors out there today that can pull off the 'coolness' of Han. And I doubt a big name actor will even try. Could be a career killer.

Shia Labeouf was supposed to take over the Indiana Jones movies wasn't he?

They talked about it but not sure he will. And he can't do it, too dorky (for Han, Indy always had a little dork in him). The guy that played Robin in The Dark Knight Rises is the only person I can think of that might pull it off, but I wouldn't blame him for not wanting it.

Joseph Gordon Levitt? i mean that can make sense, he played ladies man in Don Jon, and intelligent **** in premium rush

Him. not sure the age of the character in the new movie, but him or Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Jaime Lannister from GoT) are the two I thought of
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Doga
    808 posts Member
    Qeltar wrote: »
    So, is Mark Hammill actually still able to speak? :)

i don't understand your point.
  • zerizut
    425 posts Member
    Mothma is portrayed by Genevieve O'Reilly
  • A Bothan spy! Many of them died bringing you this information..
  • Ouchie
    1233 posts Member
    Why do I want to have Rogue One rated R? Because I want to see all the Bothans dying horrible, torturous deaths.

50d743e5b8d447f0e933b0d37f73162f184f82f03d902551c182d9e116eee48b.jpg
  • Ouchie
    1233 posts Member
    A Bothan spy! Many of them died bringing you this information..

Lol jinx @Farging_Shattus1206 ! Posted at the same time
  • Haha! Got ya by a minute..lol Great force sensitive minds think alike @Ouchie
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    Wow, can't wait it looks awesome
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Ouchie wrote: »
    Why do I want to have Rogue One rated R? Because I want to see all the Bothans dying horrible, torturous deaths.

This isn't the death star plans heist film you are looking for. The Bothans died stealing the plans Death Star II, not the first Death Star.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • slmcmr wrote: »
    slmcmr wrote: »
    Rogue One released a trailer and i haven't seen Force Awakens yet :#:'(

GUESS WHAT?!?!?

CHEWBACCA IS A SITH LORD!!!

LOL SPOILER ALERT!!!!

Haha. I have seen so many gifs and short clips about it so it is almost like i have seen the movie but i really need to actually see it asap.

You need a stream :D noon I didn't write that hahaha but yes maybe I know.. haha haha in Russia everything is allowed okaay I am im Germany I don't write anything...just watch youtube and search for haha haha kidding around
  • Ouchie
    1233 posts Member
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    Ouchie wrote: »

This isn't the death star plans heist film you are looking for. The Bothans died stealing the plans Death Star II, not the first Death Star.

Nice catch @RAYRAY! My goof!!
  • who she is I wanna know and why a female actor is again there, are there no other character and was it poe in that room

and the greatest question of all...

Why is every BIG ACTOR A HUMAN BEING....Star Wars is not all about Human -.-
  • 105096.jpg

The actor is Ben Mendelsohn, the 47-year-old Australian star who we already knew was playing an undisclosed part in the prequel.

Say hello to the new member of ANZGC.

This is quite clearly a recast Grand Moff Tarkin.
  • Qleak
    420 posts Member
    DieInFire wrote: »
    The new actress they got to play Mon Mothma bears a striking resemblance to the original from ROTJ. I was actually confused when I saw her, I thought it was the same person then realized it couldn't be.

Somebody knows if she's the same actress that portrayed Mothma in the deleted scene of Revenge of the Sith?

I thought she was, but cannot confirm.

It looks like @DarthPaiMei is in this film :wink:
  • 105096.jpg

The actor is Ben Mendelsohn, the 47-year-old Australian star who we already knew was playing an undisclosed part in the prequel.

Except he clearly has the rank of an admiral, not a moff.
  • I thought it was going to be a sequel to 'The Force Awakens'. :(
  • TheJanitor wrote: »
    105096.jpg

Yularen? Thrawn?

Yularen makes a brief appearing on A New Hope, if he's Thrawn, so bad they drop the skin colour and the ears...
  • DieInFire wrote: »
    TheJanitor wrote: »
    105096.jpg

Yularen? Thrawn?

Yularen makes a brief appearing on A New Hope, if he's Thrawn, so bad they drop the skin colour and the ears...

Yularen assumed the rank of Colonel when be transfered to ISB, so rank doesn't match there either. Thrawn doesn't work because,like you said, wrong species. I'm guessing it's going to end up being either someone new or a character they introduce early in the next season of Rebels.

How can you tell?

Forgive me it is not so clear.
  • Mikavelli wrote: »
    NOBODY can replace Harrison Ford as Indie or Han, they shouldn't even be thinking of it.

is han gonna be in it? The plans were stolen before he joined
    105096.jpg

Well it is a prequel. Perhaps he hasn't attained rank yet. Or perhaps the costume designers have changed things a bit. He certainly has more medals on his chest than Admiral Motti
    latest?cb=20140103204056
    Or even Admrial Piett
    eu_bg-1.jpg
  • Cant wait!!
  • chainsaw
    359 posts Member
    LMYYYKS wrote: »
    105096.jpg

This is Admiral Yularen?

I don't know what his name is, all I know is that I'm 0/80 for him

lol
  • chainsaw
    359 posts Member
    So what's with the guy hitting the stormtroopers with the stick? Looks like Karate Kid

It's before episode 1...so lightsabers were actually wooden at that time.
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    Yeah last time I checked guns>swords. Since no one has a saber or is Jedi wouldn't everyone have a gun unless you were.....not smart. No wonder the empire was dominating
  • Buckwok wrote: »
    Almost looks like she's in a Tie Fighter suit at the end lol

I imagine she is in a disguise to infiltrate an enemy base. Speculation: she stole a sith uniform to get into the lower city gate because she couldn't find the correct keycard. ;)

How can you tell?

Forgive me it is not so clear.

I'm going off the rank insignia. Not 100% accurate in the OT, but I can't imagine them changing it completely in the new movie.

EventineElessedil, Yularen's transfer has alredey happened in the new canon, so I doubt that will change. Same with Tarkin's promotion. I can't explain Motti or Wullf's insignia in EP IV in any logical way, because they didn't have strict guidelines back then. But in the more recent books, there been pretty good at keeping things in line. Can't imagine that they will change it that much. Based on what looks like 6 or 7 red or orange over a like number of blue, with a white uniform, I'm leaning towards a Grand Admeral.
  • Qleak wrote: »
    DieInFire wrote: »
    The new actress they got to play Mon Mothma bears a striking resemblance to the original from ROTJ. I was actually confused when I saw her, I thought it was the same person then realized it couldn't be.

Somebody knows if she's the same actress that portrayed Mothma in the deleted scene of Revenge of the Sith?

I thought she was, but cannot confirm.

It looks like @DarthPaiMei is in this film :wink:

The force is strong with this @Qleak
    Indeed I have been seen in many places and films in these past 500 years or so... ;)