Conquest Section 5 Darth Malgus section with Inquisitors

2Next

Replies

• DMG_SW
    215 posts Member
    Who said it wasn't working "right"?

Common sense said it wasn't working right. People complain about GLs getting outsped in Zone 5, but G11 inquisitors easily go first? It was clear that they messed up and didn't add the +90% stat bonuses that are supposed to be present at the end of Zone 5.

• I have no objections to anything you are saying. The crux of the matter is whether CG should have told us they tweaked the node. For me, personally, I think it would have been nice to have been warned, but I'm not losing out on anything from the tweak. To someone that was skating by with even weaker Inqs, they may be very impacted by the withholding of information. I don't see why it's hard to empathize with them <shrugs>
  • StarSon
    7431 posts Member
    I have no objections to anything you are saying. The crux of the matter is whether CG should have told us they tweaked the node. For me, personally, I think it would have been nice to have been warned, but I'm not losing out on anything from the tweak. To someone that was skating by with even weaker Inqs, they may be very impacted by the withholding of information. I don't see why it's hard to empathize with them <shrugs>

100% they should have told us.

I'm not having an issue empathizing. I even gave tips for how to do it with low gear inqs, and have done so on Discord and Reddit as well.
  • Noticed something with Malgus on the bonus level as well, he goes down super fast, like a paperweight. I am able to get the kills with G9/10 3 * inquisitors.
  • DMG_SW wrote: »
    Who said it wasn't working "right"?

Common sense said it wasn't working right. People complain about GLs getting outsped in Zone 5, but G11 inquisitors easily go first? It was clear that they messed up and didn't add the +90% stat bonuses that are supposed to be present at the end of Zone 5.

did you check the node at the end of zone 5 last time? It had no buffs or modifiers to it. So of course g11 inquisitors went first. The enemy last time was naked. CG explicitly said it was there to give you an experience with Malgus. But nowhere has it been stated or implied that it was incorrect by CG. Unless you want to argue CG isn't allowed to make a node with no modifiers on it.

Consider how easily Malgus gets nuked now on the bonus node when it has modifiers on it. That seems to indicate that CG intended the first conquest to work exactly as it did. In order to build hype for their new Conquest character.
  • Question is, did anyone not get bad batch on that node?
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    Recurve wrote: »
    Question is, did anyone not get bad batch on that node?

I think it's always bad batch. Btw. I can still farm that node with the same inquisitors and mods I used last time. Only this time all of them usually die. But Malgus solos the wins.
  • TVF
    36583 posts Member
    Antario wrote: »
    Recurve wrote: »
    Question is, did anyone not get bad batch on that node?

I think it's always bad batch.

I had KRU last conquest. Have not heard anyone say they got anything other than BB this time though.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • BadBatch.
  • Metasly
    280 posts Member
    I think it's always bad batch. Btw. I can still farm that node with the same inquisitors and mods I used last time. Only this time all of them usually die. But Malgus solos the wins.
    Yeah Bad Batch for me too.
    What setup do you use ? I'm missing 1 debuff for thermal build :-(
  • Whatelse73
    2163 posts Member
    BadBatch.
    Metasly wrote: »

I had a volatile accelerator, three caustic emissions, and the dread disc and that seems to work quite well for this and the Malgus Boss node too. I don't have the AA disc everyone fawns over, but this put so many debuffs on that it was fairly easy to complete, if you have them.
  • Just so people know, I did the final BadBatch node with solo SLKR.

They killed Malgus, but SLKR kept going and killed everyone himself. 3-stars despite losing Malgus (which I expected).

Why take other toons in if they're not strong enough to survive? Max the node with SLKR. I didn't even change my disks, so 2 slots were used by Zealous Ambitioni, but I did have (blue) Volatile Accelerator, Ability Exhaust, and (blue) thermals.
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    Just so people know, I did the final BadBatch node with solo SLKR.

They killed Malgus, but SLKR kept going and killed everyone himself. 3-stars despite losing Malgus (which I expected).

Why take other toons in if they're not strong enough to survive? Max the node with SLKR. I didn't even change my disks, so 2 slots were used by Zealous Ambitioni, but I did have (blue) Volatile Accelerator, Ability Exhaust, and (blue) thermals.

The point is to farm the 14times full inquisitor win.
  • Antario
    996 posts Member

1xVA, 3xCE, 1xAA, 1xTE, 1xAE
  • I don't get it. Were is the problem? The Inquisitorious Feat can still easily be done on the HK boss node, even if they are undergeared and with low stars.

Btw...I also got BB this time on the node after Malgus.
  • Antario
    996 posts Member

1xVA, 3xCE, 1xAA, 1xTE, 1xAE

Sorry, I checked again. The actual disk setup is:

1xVA, 3xAA, 1xVitality.

You just need to let enemy take two turns. Usually they wipe out all my inquisitors after first turn. But that‘s fine. As long as Malgus survives, all bad batch will die from DoT from VA in their second turn.
  • Whatelse73
    2163 posts Member
    GA_Phoenix wrote: »
    I don't get it. Were is the problem? The Inquisitorious Feat can still easily be done on the HK boss node, even if they are undergeared and with low stars.

Btw...I also got BB this time on the node after Malgus.

I did a couple of feats on the HK node. If you can take out HK, the rest of the droids are easy to deal with.
  • @Antario

You can farm those wins on many nodes, but the easiest one is the HK node. So long as you have some node, any node for the Inquisitorius victories, why do you care what team you use for the final node? Just complete it with 3 stars and move on.
  • TargetEadu
    1543 posts Member
    @Antario

You can farm those wins on many nodes, but the easiest one is the HK node. So long as you have some node, any node for the Inquisitorius victories, why do you care what team you use for the final node? Just complete it with 3 stars and move on.

Because Malgus, in theory, can solo it even if Tech’s or HK’s first AoE would wipe out half of your Inquis. Its harder now, but it also seems like Malgus’s lead isn’t counting himself for things like the Fear spread. But first run Malgus could solo a lot of enemy teams.
  • It's definitely harder than it was last time.

It is what it is though, I just planned to get different feats this time.
  • @TargetEadu

but why do you care?

You have a place to farm Inquisitor wins. You can easily beat the final node for 3 stars. You were going to have to use another team to beat that node anyway if you wanted 3 stars out of it, so it costs you nothing to use SLKR on that node and then farm your Inq wins on the HK node.

So, again, since you can still do everything you want to do, why do you care which node you do it on?

Is it just that it was fun watching Malgus solo some toons?
    Is there some special satisfaction that comes with RedCrate when you get your Inq wins on that node that you wouldn't feel if you got RedCrate while farming another node?

What is the big reason anyone should care?
  • Stokat
    828 posts Member
    Don’t remember what I faced last time but I got the feat without any trouble. This time I got BB and despite having a lot stronger Inquisitors I have no chance of getting wins this time.
  • @TargetEadu

but why do you care?

You have a place to farm Inquisitor wins. You can easily beat the final node for 3 stars. You were going to have to use another team to beat that node anyway if you wanted 3 stars out of it, so it costs you nothing to use SLKR on that node and then farm your Inq wins on the HK node.

So, again, since you can still do everything you want to do, why do you care which node you do it on?

Is it just that it was fun watching Malgus solo some toons?
    Is there some special satisfaction that comes with RedCrate when you get your Inq wins on that node that you wouldn't feel if you got RedCrate while farming another node?

What is the big reason anyone should care?

Because my Inquis are 3 Star and Gear 7. Pretty sure HK would oneshot half of them.

Haven’t tried it, fair, but the Malgus node all I need is for one to survive to fall below 50% Health, Malgus Fears all the BB, and then AA VA kills them all. HK I’d need to actually try.
  • Try it before you complain. HK kills himself almost instantly.

with the debuff disk build I got my 14 Inq wins on the HK node last Conquest using 3*/g9 tank, 3*/g8 2ndSis, 2 more g8 (I forget which) and 1 g7).

And while, yes that's more than you've geared yours, it was EASY. Like, ridiculously easy. When I had all the disks together I would always have 3-5 still standing. You can do the farm with g7s, I'm sure, or you can take folks up to g8 and that will clearly be enough. Either way, it requires a specific disk build, but it's vacuously easy after that. Once the disks are on, start the battle and push random buttons and you win.