So how is your first impression after fighting with and versus datacrons?

zatho
747 posts Member
edited June 2022
So what do you think after the first fights with the new tool.

Edit: The last one should say "hate"

So how is your first impression after fighting with and versus datacrons? 41 votes

I am still uncertain
26% 11 votes
I kinda like it
2% 1 vote
I love it
2% 1 vote
I don't enjoy it
21% 9 votes
I absolutely hat it
46% 19 votes

Replies

• harvestmouse
    890 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    One of my main issues with GAC and (and TW to an extent). Is having one unbeatable team decide the whole contest. My main worry with Datacrons is them making this situation worse.

Other than that, I quite like them.
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    The more I play with them, the more I hate them. Most effects are useless and the resources you need to reroll are way to expensive. If you are not lucky and get the desired ability (or even faction), they are completely wasted. Even real money spent just is lost with not the slightest benefits. Just frustrating and toxic game design.

And of course you want the one that buffs you legend.
  • Jkane
    220 posts Member
    I feel that this poll should include an "I don't care" choice. I have no interest in them and have no intention of using them with any sort of regularity. If this hinders me in GAC, so be it. If it hinders me in TW, well, my guild-mates don't seem to care either.
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    Jkane wrote: »
    I feel that this poll should include an "I don't care" choice. I have no interest in them and have no intention of using them with any sort of regularity. If this hinders me in GAC, so be it. If it hinders me in TW, well, my guild-mates don't seem to care either.

Good point. I fear it is not possible to edit the poll.
  • Zaph0dd
    181 posts Member
    I absolutely hat it, because who doesnt like hats

and yeh, they made no difference at my level, they gained 0 dollars from me, and never will.
  • To many new things to concentrate on now. Can you ever get caught up on even becoming a decent player without so many new toons, omnicroms, zetas, datacrons,farming.....etc!!!!!
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    I hat it
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • I do not like datacrons at all. I'd rather use my money to buy directly crystals, gear or shards.
  • harvestmouse
    890 posts Member
    edited August 2022
    One of my main issues with GAC and (and TW to an extent). Is having one unbeatable team decide the whole contest. My main worry with Datacrons is them making this situation worse.

Other than that, I quite like them.

2 months on:

One of my main issues with GAC and (and TW to an extent). Is having unbeatable teams decide the whole contest. My main worry with Datacrons is them taking this problem to a whole new level.

Because of this, I despise them.

Having the datacron node in Conquest (so a non progression, but continually gives prizes node) is great though.