Conquest Teams Strategy

13Next

Replies

• Jesse36
    65 posts Member
    If you were going to tell someone to invest in 3-5 teams for Conquest, which teams would you recommend them?

Bonus points if you break it down in:

Early Game:
    Mid Game:
    End Game:

I’d ask why CG reneged on the gear economy fixed.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Drathuk916 wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Drathuk916 wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

So I’m just curious, what is the benefit of a paid employee of cg talking about the player base in this way? I don’t disagree with you by any stretch, i just don’t see how this interaction is helpful to your relationship with the community.

This just likely increases the distrust between the players and cg while having zero possible ability to lighten the mood overall on the forums.

The problem isn’t with the interaction itself. I always enjoyed when CM’s would make light hearted posts like this and interact with us beyond update notes. Made things seem more human.

The issue is the timing. The last couple RA’s and SotG’s lacked Anything of substance and also had big chunks of them that were already announced toons or updates. Datacrons being added with no mention of the promised gear economy improvements for the rest of P1 or any of P2. Zero UI or QoL for conquest or the game in general really. And the list keeps going. So when the only communicate we get are vanilla update notes with more progression pinch points and more marquee toons and a GI legendary who was sold as a TW GL killer only for the caveat he’s not meant to beat them with their Conquest counterpart; it’s not going to be well received. There’s a lot of animosity and anger in the community right now, and it’s by CG’s own doing.

I know Meathead means well but until CG stops silencing the CM’s and actually gives players what they promised….that won’t go away

Although yes, I agree that you making this thread for the sole purpose to compile a list of more nerfs indeed is.

I'm glad we're in agreement

Anyway apologies for derailing the thread. I concur with most answers here that cls is by far the most useful pre-gl team to develop for conquest whether or not you classify it early or mid. I wouldn’t change the order of your gl acquisition due to how they preform in conquest so whatever order you prefer go for it.

Well the good thing about Commander Luke is that you need him for Jedi Knight Luke, and you need Jedi Knight Luke for Grandmaster Luke. So working on Rebels is a step towards working on at least one Galactic Legend!

In turn, Grandmaster Luke is great with jedi and can be a good home for your Galactic Republic that you need to work on in order to get GL Kenobi.

That's one edge light side teams have over dark side teams--more overlap.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • The concept of being competitive in Conquest can only be based on Hard Mode. Any teams for "easy" or "normal" conquest should just be what you are building in preparation for hitting 4M GP.

Early Game:
    1: EP, Darth Vader (R5 or higher for Normal), Moff Gideon, KRU, Mara Jade or other Empire 5th
    2: Padme, JKA (R5 or higher for Normal), Ahsoka, Mace, and GMY until you get GK going
    3: Imperial Troopers with Dark Trooper (R5 or higher for Normal)

Mid Game: I'd define midgame as hitting 4M GP and starting hard mode, you better have your GLs ready to go if you want to land the conquest characters within the cycle (e.g. six conquests to collect the 330 shards)
    1: SLKR to clear with 3 stars and defeat crazy end bosses
    2: Rey to clear with 3 stars, against teams where SLKR can't keep 5 characters alive. I know people are goin to say "not Rey" but she's easy to build, comes with a fleet that helps with the rest of the game, and she's exceptional at PVE content.
    3: Padme to soak damage and allow longer battles requiring a number of buffs or debuffs

End Game: I'd define end game as when you want to be able to get the character within the first 3 rounds, being able to red-box Hard Conquest
    1: GLs as mentioned above
    2: Wat Tambor, high relic KRU, GMY, Chewpio, and other characters with unique skills. You need to get those "potency down" and "armor shred" objectives somehow. High relic KRU can be used for objectives where you need to keep a certain character alive, hide them behind KRU with Wat tech and let them get kills and/or live through the battle.
    3: A massive range of tags so you can get the weird objectives like kills with Ewoks, placing 122,603 thermal detonators, or using a full team of Rebel Fighters. These feats make a red box unlikely, unless you can at least field the characters to close them out, and there's really not a way to build the account or prepare for it.
  • Early Game:
    1. Lord Vader - Empire -> as soon as you start the game you should rush to get your first GL and why not get the best there is in order to dominate from the start
    2. Jedi Master Kenobi - Galactic Republic -> although Jedi Master Kenobi is not as good as Lord Vader, you can also work on him at the same time to make use of Commander Ahsoka Tano at her full potential
    3. Inquisitorious -> with the introduction of Datacrons this is the best team all-around

Mid Game:
    1. Jawa -> once you start winning in every mode, who doesn't like an Utinni bomb for fun
    2. Rogue One -> at this point you need a hard counter for JMK and Raddus is the best for that
    3. Droids - 50R-T -> necessary team in order to 3-star every battle in Conquest with the best Omicron in that mode

End Game:
    1.Tuskens -> needed to get those wins in GAC 3v3, just set them on defense and your opponent won't even bother to attack
    2. Phoenix -> your guild will be facing some tough battles in TW but the Phoenix squad with their Omicron should give you that edge now that TW is so important to get materials for Datacrons
    3. Ewoks -> take these guys on offense against Enfys Nest and you will never have a problem with losing your GACs
  • Normal mode...defined by some as MIDGAME

Jedi Team for most hard targets and bosses - Revan/Bast/Yoda/Jolee/GK
    GR Team for those teams that will have a LOT of initial turns (ImpTroopers, Bears, Rey) - Padme/Anakin/GK/Yoda/+Padme OR Barriss
    Darkside Team for dark stuff and when AOE is needed (vs Geos and NS) - Drevan/BAst/Malak+Vader/Palp

Those three are the can openers...will use more on early levels to save resources...
    My CLS team is below par, so not used it...not necessary so far.
    Have to manage some characters that are used on several teams...or needed for faction specific stuff...Yoda gets lots of use :)