Ships only on defense

Maybe it’s just me but the ships only on defense doesn’t seem to be in the spirit of the competition. I know some people claim they do this in protest of uneven matchmaking but in the times I have seen it it has been ship whales that win only on one level. Theses lineups weren’t underpowered they sold out and made the competition only about one component. I think this is a tactic that is a loophole which takes the GAC concept and strips it of its intent of focusing on your overall units and boils it down to one aspect which they feel they can dominate

Replies

• Options
    Yeah, I totally agree. It's really against the spirit of the game. However, it's not that smart. You could post a very weak defence and most probably lose less points than not posting a defence at all.

A streamer has popularized this (after making a video about not posting a defence is cheating and deleting it) and had success with it. I think it started as a tantrum defence against GP differences.

So, I don't really think it's a loophole, but it prevents players having a 'proper' GAC and therefore as you stated is 'against the spirit of the game'.

As much as I love modern GAC, I think CG should look at it 'with the spirit of the game' in mind, and try to give everybody a good game every match up.
  • crzydroid
    7297 posts Moderator
    Options
    I had an opponent once who would just set a ship defense, so I did the opposite. Turtled my squads and cheesed ships. Could have cleared his ships anyway, but ended up not attacking since it was over Easter. Easiest win I've ever had.