Airplane mode not working?

Just trying to suss out whether it’s a me problem or not. But since last update, anytime I try to do airplane mode for a battle, I get a disconnect message that makes me drop the battle. Anyone else experienced this or seen it?

Replies

• 3 players in my guild have had same issue since the update on 15th June. All are on iOS and when they cancel airplane mode they are asked to "Confirm Game Switch to a guest account"pesz4skpp7g1.jpg
  • I can confirm. Just lost in GAC because of this.
    But I'm not mad, I'm sure CG will compensate all the players who lost crystals because of this.... :*
  • I had the same issue in my GAC.
  • Had it happen in the Sith raid and go zero credit for my attacks. After finishing the raid, went to a black screen, after waiting five minutes and still nothing, disconnected the WiFi and reconnected only to get that message.🤬
  • Natetiffer
    290 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    Happened to a player in my guild during TW, who had already experienced the other issue so he was really nervous...

Have you logged this as a bug on EA SWGOH help pages?

Aeroplane mode fine on Android
    This is the Way
  • chpMINIsolo_77
    3103 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    I've had not had any problems using airplane mode with my iPad during TW. Could it be an issue for only iPhones?
  • Screerider
    1357 posts Member
    Oh... I thought it was issues with my email account that kicked me out on a TW battle when I went to Airplane Mode. I guess it was this.
  • Dave12
    36 posts Member
    This now happens all the time with me on my iPad
  • Dave12 wrote: »
    This now happens all the time with me on my iPad

I hope I didnt jinx myself
  • FofoBett
    137 posts Member
    Happens to me now and I read on Reddit it was due to the latest iOS updated in mid June. To be honest, whilst searching for this in the forum history, I came across a lot of Android players in the past asking if this 'cheat mode' iOS uses could be removed from the game. Considering iOS players never had google rewards - I always considered that a fair enough deal. But as Vader says...pray I don't alter the deal springs to mind! Do I see it changing, not unless it becomes a real problem, so I think we are just going to have to suck it up!
  • Airplane mode was the only real bug of this game and CG worked hard to fix it. iOS users, switch to Android before they fix it there too!
  • Degs29
    361 posts Member
    FofoBett wrote: »
    Happens to me now and I read on Reddit it was due to the latest iOS updated in mid June. To be honest, whilst searching for this in the forum history, I came across a lot of Android players in the past asking if this 'cheat mode' iOS uses could be removed from the game. Considering iOS players never had google rewards - I always considered that a fair enough deal. But as Vader says...pray I don't alter the deal springs to mind! Do I see it changing, not unless it becomes a real problem, so I think we are just going to have to suck it up!

I don't get it, how was this a "cheat mode" for iOS players when android players could, and still can, do it?
  • FofoBett
    137 posts Member
    Degs29 wrote: »
    FofoBett wrote: »

I don't get it, how was this a "cheat mode" for iOS players when android players could, and still can, do it?

I read it in some old forum posts - and Android users complaining - I never really fact checked it!
  • pånøs
    152 posts Member
    fix your bloody game, lost sith to that. and fak the rewards, all this waste of time.
  • Natetiffer
    290 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    CaesarAM wrote: »
    Just trying to suss out whether it’s a me problem or not. But since last update, anytime I try to do airplane mode for a battle, I get a disconnect message that makes me drop the battle. Anyone else experienced this or seen it?
    Something to try...

Hello Holotable Heroes,
    We recently updated our security for Game Center and discovered a bug for players who play on poor internet connections or play SWGOH on Airplane mode. In a coming update, we will be putting in a fix to address this.
    In the meantime, if you experience this issue, follow the steps below to get back online.
    Issue:
    We recently discovered a bug that would log players out of their Game Center account when a device's connection was significantly interrupted, prompting a player to “Switch Accounts.” If a player clicked on said button, it would switch to an old Guest Account, locking them out of their normal account.
    How to Fix it:
    If this happens to you, here are the steps you can take to hopefully get you back online again:
    1. Kill the app completely
    2. Relaunch on a good connection
    3. You may also need to reconnect to Game Center

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/257128/known-issue-game-center#latest
    This is the Way