5th GAC loss because of buzz droid bug

My buzz droids literally have not assisted the last 5 GACs. I have gotten beaten by some of the worst capital ships because CG is doing who knows what while their game has been broken for months. Malevalonce has lost so much viability because of this bug. It is literally one of the most worst capital ships because of this bug. Fix this ASAP.

Replies

• My solution has been to put Vulture droid as 1st reinforcement for Malevolence.

Which means it doesn't get killed so early and severely reduces the chances of seeing the bug.
  • This was an intended feature
  • The first time is on CG. The 2nd-5th times are on you. They're obviously not going to fix it. That sucks, but waiting for them to fix it is not a winning strategy.

Mal is a key offense ship for me and rarely lets me down even with the bug.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • 12thParsec wrote: »
    My buzz droids literally have not assisted the last 5 GACs. I have gotten beaten by some of the worst capital ships because CG is doing who knows what while their game has been broken for months. Malevalonce has lost so much viability because of this bug. It is literally one of the most worst capital ships because of this bug. Fix this ASAP.
    One of the worst? Calm down.

Which capital ships have you lost to with Malevolence? Executor and Negotiator? A mirror match?

Outside of those 3 Malevolence should still be a pretty hard counter to anything else.
  • Take them against Endurance or Finalizer and you should be fine.
  • Whatelse73
    2149 posts Member
    12thParsec wrote: »

Which capital ships have you lost to with Malevolence? Executor and Negotiator? A mirror match?

Outside of those 3 Malevolence should still be a pretty hard counter to anything else.

You say that as if no one ever puts Executor, Negotiator and/or other fleets Malevolence should be able to counter are put on defense.

The bug is significant enough that it destroys the "assist" design of malevolence, which means if you don't get any assists you're most likely not going to take out Executor. (The ship that actually does do assists and is working fine.)

I don't think CG liked malevolence beating their new shiny toy anyway. Will that effect the priority of fixing the bug? Tough to say, but ships are neglected anyway.
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »
    12thParsec wrote: »

You say that as if no one ever puts Executor, Negotiator and/or other fleets Malevolence should be able to counter are put on defense.
    No, I say that because the OP claims his Malevolence has lost to “some of the worst capital ships”.

I’d like them to state which ones it has lost to. That’s all.
  • This bug is severely limiting the viability of Malevolence. It's by no way the worst capital ship, but I do see a lot of defenses with executor, nego and chimera/executrix.
    Malevolence should be able to have a high win rate against either, but currently it's only really consistent against 1 of the 3 due to the bug. This bothers me, but I doubt CG will ever fix it, looking at their track record with fleet bugs.
  • ya the vulture droid bugs coupled with reduced assists (the "fix" that started all of this- reduced assists from 100% down to 70%, which was a bug they didn't care about til executor was released) have definitely made malevolence battles far more RNG dependant. you can still beat mal and nego fleets, but man it can be painful sometimes. my easy fleet arena climb has become a real chore the last few months.
    but, at the very least, EA has acknowledged the problem and will, maybe, fix it... possibly.. sometime.. if they feel like it.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Replacement-vulture-droid-not-assisting-vs-units-with-buzz/m-p/11531689#M58966
  • ya the vulture droid bugs coupled with reduced assists (the "fix" that started all of this- reduced assists from 100% down to 70%, which was a bug they didn't care about til executor was released) have definitely made malevolence battles far more RNG dependant. you can still beat mal and nego fleets, but man it can be painful sometimes. my easy fleet arena climb has become a real chore the last few months.
    but, at the very least, EA has acknowledged the problem and will, maybe, fix it... possibly.. sometime.. if they feel like it.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Replacement-vulture-droid-not-assisting-vs-units-with-buzz/m-p/11531689#M58966

The 100% to 70% is a false memory from you. The summoned droids always assisted at 70% rate.
  • The 100% to 70% is a false memory from you. The summoned droids always assisted at 70% rate.

i believe they were suppose to have 70% assist but were actually assisting 100% of the time, which is what the fix was about. i will have to double check

The 100% to 70% is a false memory from you. The summoned droids always assisted at 70% rate.

They were bugged at release and assisting too much but that was changed way before Executor was released.
  • unalignedFU
    16 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    They were bugged at release and assisting too much but that was changed way before Executor was released.
    ok, it seems i was wrong about that. i've spent so much time looking up vulture droid bugs it gets a little confusing. it does feel like they are assisting less though. anyway, for clarification the "fix" from march 16 that broke the vulture droid says:
    UNIT - Updated player version of Vulture Droid to properly assist alongside Malevolence's summoned Vulture Droids.
  • Despite the hyperbole, this fix is well overdue. I’ve managed to lose gac battles because my Malevolence struggles with Negotiator now, never mind the Executor counter.
    797-722-718
  • Kard_1986 wrote: »
    Despite the hyperbole, this fix is well overdue. I’ve managed to lose gac battles because my Malevolence struggles with Negotiator now, never mind the Executor counter.
    Completely agree that it needs fixed, and I hope nobody in the thread thinks I don’t want it fixed.

I’d still like OP to clarify which cap ships have beaten him - failing against Exec or Negotiator is one thing, but I’m not buying that the Vulture Droid assist bug is the reason he’s losing to anything else.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    The game has been bugged since November 2015 in someway.
  • scuba wrote: »

And Vulture Droids have always been bugged in some way since they were added.
  • Kard_1986 wrote: »
    Despite the hyperbole, this fix is well overdue. I’ve managed to lose gac battles because my Malevolence struggles with Negotiator now, never mind the Executor counter.
    Completely agree that it needs fixed, and I hope nobody in the thread thinks I don’t want it fixed.

I’d still like OP to clarify which cap ships have beaten him - failing against Exec or Negotiator is one thing, but I’m not buying that the Vulture Droid assist bug is the reason he’s losing to anything else.

I recently lost to thrawn and I believe holdo. I get maybe one assist per battle.
  • scuba wrote: »

well then guess CG should never fix anything then right? Just leave all the bugs as is.
    Kard_1986 wrote: »

I recently lost to thrawn and I believe holdo. I get maybe one assist per battle.
    Care to share an ally code so we can see what level the opponents were at?
  • Whatelse73
    2149 posts Member
    It's okay though, to take our mind off fleets being buggy and causing losses, CG has introduced Datacrons to cause you to lose! Not only does RNG pick how good or worthless your datacrons are, they're also bugged too where if you place them on defense, sometimes they switch to different datacrons without doing anything!
  • I have not felt much impact by this bug in Mal vs. anything other than Neg or Exec. The other fleets still don't stand a chance defending against a Mal fleet.

That said, it is a mildly annoying bug and definitely should be fixed.
  • Also another thing I don’t understand is why does my tie scilencer only deal 2 damage against HT on assist? I feel something is not right with that
  • DMG_SW
    215 posts Member
    Define "assist". Some assists only have the assister hit for a % of their normal strength. HT has high defense. If Silencer is hitting at 30% strength, not surprising if the damage is negligible.
    Also another thing I don’t understand is why does my tie scilencer only deal 2 damage against HT on assist? I feel something is not right with that

Executor also nerfs assists. That's designed that way. As long as you still land the stun that's all that matters