Hey CG, did you forget?

Prev13
Ravens1113
5215 posts Member
Welcome back Crumb! Now that you’re back perhaps you can guide Meathead in how to relay the general consensus of the community to the devs since apparently in your absence and Doja’s jolt to freedom, that concept has been lost.

The community is wondering why the DataCon economy is already highly choke pointed and repeats the same flaws as the rest of any economy in the game. The community is waiting for an explanation as to why you guys lied about fixing the gear economy. The community is waiting for explanations as to the lack of UI/ QoL improvements that have been sorely lacking for years now. The community wants to know why the newest toy (GI) has its potential gated behind not just a game mode, but rotating DataCons where it needs faction specific boots to reach its full potential? Not to mention why you guys waited until GI’s release to reveal it shouldn’t beat JMK/CAT comps.

I get you guys need to make money. That’s fine. Whales get first dibs and the tip of the spear and all that. But this is different and goes to way beyond typical mobile game spending methods. It’s past time someone at CG explains your actions to its player base. Of course there will be apologists who come to your defense but their words are meaningless. It’s your response that is due at this point. So cmon CG, what’s the deal?

Replies

• I thought this was a hero collector game. In what way do datacrons help me collect more characters?

I’m a kraken, I will admit I have 2 level 9 datacrons, but I can’t see how datacrons get me more characters and game modes to use those characters. I won’t be spending any more money on datacrons.

GAC doesn’t have enough rewards to make it worth my while to bother. It’s about $75 for each level 9 datacron and they’re temporary and are only usable in two game modes.

I will spend til the cows come home on permanent characters and upgrades, along with compelling gameplay. Datacrons just aren’t worth my while. Thanks.
  • flux_rono
    2119 posts Member
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    We could also use a real road ahead, since the last one we just got is already outdated. We have no idea where we are headed.....are we supposed to wait two more months to find out? Who is steering this ship and why is it pointed towards the rocks?

the last 2-3 were outdated news
  • flux_rono wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    We could also use a real road ahead, since the last one we just got is already outdated. We have no idea where we are headed.....are we supposed to wait two more months to find out? Who is steering this ship and why is it pointed towards the rocks?

the last 2-3 were outdated news

That was hilarious actually. Already knew DataCons were coming out and knew about GI, yet that was the road ahead. Ridiculous
  • It should be called the Road Behind
  • Oh, it's been a month, I guess.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Screerider wrote: »
    Oh, it's been a month, I guess.

Been longer than a month.
  • flux_rono
    2119 posts Member
    It should be called the Road Behind

I called it the Road last week before, but yours is better
  • Screerider
    1357 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

Only 19 days, actually.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/256647/where-s-the-gear-economy-in-the-june-ra/p1
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member

Only 19 days, actually.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/256647/where-s-the-gear-economy-in-the-june-ra/p1

Oh since my post about the gear economy? Thought you meant since they announced it. How foolish of me to think you were actually referencing something to hold CG accountable lol
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    flux_rono wrote: »
    It should be called the Road Behind

I called it the Road last week before, but yours is better

Road backwards more likely. Going back on their words that is
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Welcome back Crumb! Now that you’re back perhaps you can guide Meathead in how to relay the general consensus of the community to the devs since apparently in your absence and Doja’s jolt to freedom, that concept has been lost.

The community is wondering why the DataCon economy is already highly choke pointed and repeats the same flaws as the rest of any economy in the game. The community is waiting for an explanation as to why you guys lied about fixing the gear economy. The community is waiting for explanations as to the lack of UI/ QoL improvements that have been sorely lacking for years now. The community wants to know why the newest toy (GI) has its potential gated behind not just a game mode, but rotating DataCons where it needs faction specific boots to reach its full potential? Not to mention why you guys waited until GI’s release to reveal it shouldn’t beat JMK/CAT comps.

I get you guys need to make money. That’s fine. Whales get first dibs and the tip of the spear and all that. But this is different and goes to way beyond typical mobile game spending methods. It’s past time someone at CG explains your actions to its player base. Of course there will be apologists who come to your defense but their words are meaningless. It’s your response that is due at this point. So cmon CG, what’s the deal?

I'm as frustrated as anyone regarding the lack of communication about outstanding issues but I don't know that I've ever seen a post from you that was directed at CG and didn't out-right insult at least one of their team members. Does this tactic generally work for you in the real world? Has it ever worked here on the forums? I feel like the more they don't respond, the more you double down on being rude. More flies with honey than vinegar and all that... But if you don't catch any flies with either, honey is definitely a more pleasant smell. Just saying.

I don't think it's lost on anyone at CG that reads the forums that you're mad about all the things.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • DMG_SW
    215 posts Member
    Does this tactic generally work for you in the real world?

I have it on good authority that Karens1113 got a McDonalds cashier fired last week, and a WalMart greeter indefinitely suspended, so I'd say the approach is working just fine!

• Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member

I'm as frustrated as anyone regarding the lack of communication about outstanding issues but I don't know that I've ever seen a post from you that was directed at CG and didn't out-right insult at least one of their team members. Does this tactic generally work for you in the real world? Has it ever worked here on the forums? I feel like the more they don't respond, the more you double down on being rude. More flies with honey than vinegar and all that... But if you don't catch any flies with either, honey is definitely a more pleasant smell. Just saying.

I don't think it's lost on anyone at CG that reads the forums that you're mad about all the things.

I’m not sure how long you’ve been on the forums but when they do a good job, I’m supportive of them. I’ve come out in defense of Doja and Crumb before when they’ve taken heat over something that was beyond their control. But that’s the thing, they at least communicated regularly and updated us. Lately? There hasn’t been any communication about anything and issues have been left to fester. Yes, the longer things go un addressed the more upset people, including myself, get.
    DMG_SW wrote: »
    Does this tactic generally work for you in the real world?

I have it on good authority that Karens1113 got a McDonalds cashier fired last week, and a WalMart greeter indefinitely suspended, so I'd say the approach is working just fine!

To want CG to provide a quality game to its players, both free and paying is being a Karen? Meh, not surprised that you think CG is so innocent in all this. Par is the course for yah.
  • Akwat
    16 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    These are all valid things to complain about, but IMO the single biggest irritant here is the lack of any work on (or updates about) the additional phases of gear economy improvements that were promised eight months ago. At that time, CG told us "we will begin speaking to what Phase 2 encompasses in the near future." Since then, nothing but crickets.

Here's an idea, CG: Why don't you try following through on the things you've already committed to before starting in on brand new projects that nobody wanted or asked for?
  • It should be called the Road Behind

Objects in the rear view mirror may just be CG updates.
  • Akwat wrote: »
    Here's an idea, CG: Why don't you try following through on the things you've already committed to before starting in on brand new projects that nobody wanted or asked for?

Datacrons ARE the new gear economy.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Ravens the only one of us still trying to hold cg at least somewhat accountable. I applaud his efforts, even though I suspect they'll be fruitless due to cgs head in the sand approach
  • Akwat wrote: »

Datacrons ARE the new gear economy.
    Well, they certainly are a second in-game economy..
  • It would be nice if they at least retracted or clarified their statement that more gear economy changes were coming.

It’s insulting to our intelligence and incredibly poor customer service that they’ve provided no follow up for months, and are seemingly hoping we forget about it.
  • Screerider
    1357 posts Member
    How foolish of me to think you were actually referencing something to hold CG accountable lol
    If you feel creating a new thread every 2-3 weeks is "hold(ing) CG accountable" rather than repetitive griping, I agree you're being foolish.
  • Screerider wrote: »
    How foolish of me to think you were actually referencing something to hold CG accountable lol
    If you feel creating a new thread every 2-3 weeks is "hold(ing) CG accountable" rather than repetitive griping, I agree you're being foolish.

I'd argue it's persistence and dedication influenced by a huge passion, but you do you.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member

Foolish is just sitting back and defending CG unwaveringly. Foolish is thinking what they’ve been doing to their players and paying customers these last few months is ok. But you’re right, I will keep making posts periodically in the hopes of something finally getting noted, as unlikely as that is. However I don’t mind taking a few minutes to call CG out on the forums for their terrible track record lately.
  • Edosmage
    15 posts Member
    ... call CG out on the forums for their terrible track record lately.

Lately only?
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Edosmage wrote: »
    ... call CG out on the forums for their terrible track record lately.

Lately only?

Touché
  • It's insulting and encourages us to not be supporting this game financially..

CG, It's time to communicate better and more often.. Especially on the OFFICIAL FORUMS
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »

Foolish is just sitting back and defending CG unwaveringly. Foolish is thinking what they’ve been doing to their players and paying customers these last few months is ok. But you’re right, I will keep making posts periodically in the hopes of something finally getting noted, as unlikely as that is. However I don’t mind taking a few minutes to call CG out on the forums for their terrible track record lately.

They probably decided Revan Reborn will be the next GL and are worried about every man and his dog getting him, so they rowed back on gear changes to ensure only whales and hyper focused players can get him. Datacrons were introduced as something new to hate to distract us from the truth...

CG doesn't care about us.
  • Screerider
    1357 posts Member
    Ok. What's your definition of "accountable" in this case?