Lost everything!! So sad... ideas?

2Next

Replies

• Robertdd1 wrote: »
    I read this form it's quite depressing, I never logged into Game Center. My question is once I upgrade phone in 6 months I should be able to easily transfer, right?

Write info down or log in to save.
  • Phlebotomy_Jones
    439 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    If you are playing a Guest game on iOS, it's easy to connect to Game Center.

Once you log in, choose "Continue" despite the confusingly worded message, this does move your Guest game to Game Center.

I wrote up some steps to follow on the "Regarding Lost Accounts" thread for someone whose game was connected to the wrong Game Center account. If you just skip steps 4-7, this will move a Guest game to your Game Center account.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/254658/#Comment_254658

Edit: added direct link to comment - Thanks @sid
    Post edited by Phlebotomy_Jones on
  • Being fair, this should have been fixed by EA a while ago. The idea that a local account could be created was bad enough. They should have forced you to use an email address first step to associate to the account so device issues wouldn't be game ending for players like this..
  • ASD_Dad
    210 posts Member
    I AM BACK!!!!!! HAHAHAHA!!

Once you log in, choose "Continue" despite the confusingly worded message, this does move your Guest game to Game Center.

I wrote up some steps to follow on the "Regarding Lost Accounts" thread for someone whose game was connected to the wrong Game Center account. If you just skip steps 4-7, this will move a Guest game to your Game Center account.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/3/regarding-lost-accounts#latest

I can't figure out how to link to a specific post, but it's near the end of the thread.

I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your post didnt work but the full encrypted backup did!! I am now back and running on my new iPad!

Question - any way to save this data?? I cant sign into Game Center, it will reset me. Just do an encrypted backup on this new iPad now and then?
  • Ackturi
    379 posts Member
    ASD_Dad wrote: »

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/3/regarding-lost-accounts#latest

I can't figure out how to link to a specific post, but it's near the end of the thread.

Your post didnt work but the full encrypted backup did!! I am now back and running on my new iPad!

Question - any way to save this data?? I cant sign into Game Center, it will reset me. Just do an encrypted backup on this new iPad now and then?

Probably yeah just back up.
  • Ackturi
    379 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Or make a new game center account?
  • ASD_Dad
    210 posts Member
    I think a logging into Game Center will delete my progress when it links up thinking I am a new player. If I am wrong I would happily make a new account. Dont really want to as I have a lot on my iTunes account but if that works it works.
  • Wow,
    So glad you got back on, you seemed destroyed otherwise. I haven't logged into Game Center either, I guess I should figure it out.
    In your case I'm glad since your kids like to play. If I remember correctly you fell a lot in arena in the meantime, really who cares this saved u 4 months of grinding ( if to start over).
  • Ackturi
    379 posts Member
    Before you do anything try logging in... couldn't you just redo backup real quick if it doesn't work?
  • sid
    232 posts Member
    @Phlebotomy_Jones If you click on the date/time of the post, it will go to that post.

• Joe_Cus
    152 posts Member
    You'll be mid 50s in 3 weeks with tons of crystals and purple mats and stuff and beat GW every day. I started a Game Center account for the same reason the weeks ago and that's where I am now.
  • sid wrote: »
    @Phlebotomy_Jones If you click on the date/time of the post, it will go to that post.
    @sid
    Thanks!

Never noticed that there were actually links there...
  • Phlebotomy_Jones
    439 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    ASD_Dad wrote: »

Have you tried logging in to Game Center, or just worried about the message?

I've done this (moved a Guest game to Game Center) for my daughter and know it worked for others also. It also works the other way (moving a Game Center game to Guest, and then back to Game Center on a different iTunes account), which allowed someone to move from a parent's iTunes account to their own.

The message about continuing or starting a new game is poorly worded.

If you have the backup, you can still restore again if it doesn't work. Way less hassle than connecting to a different account if you ask me.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/254658/#Comment_254658
  • PEZ
    64 posts Member
    All,

Borrowing from Phlebotomy_Jones' post, here are two options that may work for you...

You don't need a new Apple ID, it's much easier than that.

Backup your device for safety.

1- Close SWGOH.
    2- Open the Game Center app.
    3- Log-in if you haven't using your preferred iTunes account.
    4- Tap "Games" at the bottom.
    5- Find SWGOH in the list.
    6- Swipe left and choose "Delete".
    7- Do NOT uninstall SWGOH when prompted; choose "Cancel" instead.
    8- Leave Game Center logged in.
    9- Open SWGOH.
    10- When prompted, choose "Continue". (The message about level 0 and new games is confusingly stated).
    11- Your Guest game will now become your Game Center game on your original iTunes account.
    12- Stay logged in to Game Center and continue on as normal.

Hope this helps someone. [/quote]

OK, this is helpful. Unfortunately, it wasn't quite this easy for me. I was unable to permanently remove the data from Game Center. Each time I opened SWGOH, it simply added it back to Game Center using an old Level 2 account I accidentally created awhile back.

For me, I simply created a new Apple ID on Apple's website. I used that to log onto Game Center and then opened SWGOH. BINGO! I picked up with step 10 above and now I have my guest account (Level 74) linked to Game Center on using a second Apple ID. It is saved and I can use it on any Apple device as long as I log into Game Center with that second Apple ID. AWESOME!