Is Thrawn an actually good synergy for Imperial squads?

Hey I’m trying to make an imperial team, and I have Veers Starck Piett Gideon and dark for my squad, but I was wondering if Thrawn could somehow stick in there? Thanks!

Replies

• Salatious_Scrum
    2321 posts Member
    edited July 2022
    As he isn’t a Imperial Trooper, he would not be a good fit in that squad.
  • As he isn’t a Imperial Trooper, he would not be a good fit in that squad.

That’s true, which I kinda don’t get why he isn’t one. I mean, Piett is a imperial trooper, and like Thrawn he is an Admiral, and Thrawn has gone on. The frontlines like Veers and starck before
  • Antario
    996 posts Member

That’s true, which I kinda don’t get why he isn’t one. I mean, Piett is a imperial trooper, and like Thrawn he is an Admiral, and Thrawn has gone on. The frontlines like Veers and starck before

No point challenging CG's decision based on lore. Game balance is the key. If Thrawn gets the IMP tag, that team will be so overpowered.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member

Piett is a Trooper because he uses them and throws them away. If you notice that most other Trooper characters give some sort of buff to all Troopers, Piett doesn’t do that. He just takes them and then puts Marked on them to make himself stronger when they die. It’s a purely extractive relationship. He needs to have the tag so that the other Trooper characters will buff him.

It’s thematically appropriate for Piett.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester wrote: »

Piett is a Trooper because he uses them and throws them away. If you notice that most other Trooper characters give some sort of buff to all Troopers, Piett doesn’t do that. He just takes them and then puts Marked on them to make himself stronger when they die. It’s a purely extractive relationship. He needs to have the tag so that the other Trooper characters will buff him.

It’s thematically appropriate for Piett.

That is true, and I guess the team is already pretty good
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    Emperor's Trap counts as a buff, arguably better than most of the other Trooper's "team bonuses" on their uniques. He also grants Offense Up from him Marking someone, further feeding Veers' TM train.
  • TargetEadu
    1543 posts Member
    I’d stick with the team you have, and maybe build up Range if you want to use Gideon elsewhere or want to Platoon characters. Thrawn is quite good, and is better than a non-Empire character, but Range gets IT synergy and can call a lot of extra assists.