List of the best characters to R9?

LordDirt
4997 posts Member
So I have Piett and JML and I am looking to see who the next best would be. Figure most will recommend Rey but was looking to see what everyone has for their top 5 to R9
Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?

Replies

• The next GL requirements.
  • LordDirt
    4997 posts Member
    The next GL requirements.

I keep waiting but nothing. Seems they have been replaced with datacrons.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Whatelse73
    2163 posts Member
    LordDirt wrote: »
    The next GL requirements.

I keep waiting but nothing. Seems they have been replaced with datacrons.

If they kept to their usual schedule, we would've had an announcement in June. Maybe in August we'll get the next GL as an announcement? (After we've been urked enough by datacrons and their excessiveness that is.)
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    Rey is a pretty good choice as 3rd. I would if I have the materials.
  • Krjstoff
    633 posts Member
    I'm not R9'ing anything ... I still don't have a single R9, but I think R9 will be required for the presumably upcoming OR GLs, so I'm saving my resources.
  • CT7099
    30 posts Member
    GAS, Bossk, Malak, Fives, any other GL
  • MasterSeedy
    5036 posts Member
    Mob Enforcer, CUP and Bodhi Rook.
  • MasterSeedy
    5036 posts Member
    In seriousness, I don't want to do R9, but if I did, Fives would be up there with JML. Rey's not bad either, but I would rather Fives.
  • Malak.
    Malgus I imagine
    Wrecker
  • LordDirt
    4997 posts Member
    Ok, just R9 Rey. So next GL?
  • Whatelse73
    2163 posts Member
    Ok, just R9 Rey. So next GL?

I did Bossk and KRU to R9 before more GL's. I had JML and Piett already. I think the GL's are good enough already so R9 helps better with non-GL's. Rey is in constant consideration for R9 though. But, I've beaten R9 Reys the same as R7 and R8 Reys with my SEE.

Good luck with it, definitely a tough decision. lol
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Depens on what you'd like to achieve with it. Since you don't care about GAC (PvP in general?) there are these options:

PvE (TB, Conquest, etc.): GLs
    Collector: Hoard for the next GL requirements
    GP increase: Pilots (Fives, Bossk, KRU, etc.)
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Richfxxx
    449 posts Member
    So asides from GL’s is it best to take tanks to r9 then?

Are attackers like CAT and GAS not much better at r9?
  • MasterSeedy
    5036 posts Member
    @Richfxxx

Tanks were deliberately boosted with r9 b/c so many attackers had gotten so much defense penetration/etc. that the balance of power between tanks and attackers was (in CG's opinion) out of whack. So, yeah. Attackers are intentionally not much better at r9 and Tanks are intentionally MUCH better at r9.

Again, I don't see any real reason to take anyone to r9, but obviously:

1. GLs -- you're going to use them most, might as well invest in them most
    2. Non-GL tanks generally -- since CG engineered this upgrade to benefit them most
    3. Fives, specifically -- since if you're here you're already past the GL portion of the priority list and, unlike other tanks, increasing Fives' stats actually benefits the rest of the squad after he's dead.

is a pretty good list to start, if you're actually someone who wants to r9 things.
  • LordDirt
    4997 posts Member

is a pretty good list to start, if you're actually someone who wants to r9 things.

Why wouldn't anyone want to R9 their characters?
  • Jakdnels
    787 posts Member

It's often more expensive than it's worth
  • I still got 0 r9 ..
  • Morgoth01
    500 posts Member

Resource management.... Those mats (or the crystals/farming capacity) could be put to much better use gearing up other toons, at least for most rosters.
    I do see the point of R9 JML as that will boost his entire teams damage due to his lead special, can't really see the point of anyone else, due to the cost.
    Piett is a popular option, but R9 Piett doesn't complicate the FO counter, doesn't complicate mirrors => slim to none on the impact scale.

If I should try to bring some level of input, my list would probably be same as most, JML, Rey, LV (the survivability boost do benefit him imo), tanks. Fives, tanks to go with LV, tanks that you find you use a lot in you roster.