Omicron Ability Overhaul?

Salatious_Scrum
2323 posts Member
edited July 2022
I’d like to see Omicrons changed so you can choose if it would be active in PVP formats (GAC, TW) or in PVE formats (TB, Assault Battles, Conquest). If the player wishes to change an applied Omicron from PVP to PVE, or vice versa, then an additional 5 omicron materials would be required.

As is, TW omicrons are only used a maximum of 4 times within a single month; TB omicrons once a month; Conquest omicrons once a month. The only omicrons used fairly often are GAC focused omicrons.

Would these changes help with how people allocate omicron ability materials?
Post edited by Salatious_Scrum on

Replies

• Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    conquest runs once a month but you can reuse those units multiple times throughout conquest though
  • Options
    Would these changes help with how people allocate omicron ability materials?

Not me. There are no PvE modes in the game right now that warrant any Omicron investment from an endgame player.
  • flux_rono
    2120 posts Member
    Options
    As is, TW omicrons are only used a maximum of 4 times within a single month; TB omicrons once a month; Conquest omicrons once a month.

TB battles are used 4-6 times a month, and conquest can be used more often than GAC. there is no real set number of times a conquest omi's can be used during a conquest run, it's a limit of stamina and how much you want to pay to get energy.
  • Options

Not me. There are no PvE modes in the game right now that warrant any Omicron investment from an endgame player.

Precisely… so if you could activate an omicron ability on a character that currently is PVE (TB) focused and change it so it would be PVP focused, would you?
  • Options
    flux_rono wrote: »
    TB battles are used 4-6 times a month, and conquest can be used more often than GAC. there is no real set number of times a conquest omi's can be used during a conquest run, it's a limit of stamina and how much you want to pay to get energy.

I don’t know why anyone would want to drop a Conquest focused omicron ability on someone (At the moment only that fake Scorpio droid has one I believe). You are right in saying TB omicrons can be used multiple times a month, but it’s still 4 to 6 times maximum.
  • herd_nerfer
    1860 posts Member
    Options
    QoL refers to something that makes interacting with the game easier or more intuitive - it's more of a UI enhancement and has nothing to do with game mechanics. What you're suggesting would be a fundamental change in how the game works.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Options

Precisely… so if you could activate an omicron ability on a character that currently is PVE (TB) focused and change it so it would be PVP focused, would you?

Derp... I didn't even consider it going the other way. Absolutely. I think I would nab the KK omi if it were active in GAC.