Datacrons Feedback..

Prev1
Ybeler
95 posts Member
We will continue to monitor our changes and your feedback so please continue sharing it with us as you have been. Thank you!

are you kidding me? We gave you a big amount of Feedback to the first set of datacrons snd the only thing you changed was some economic stuff. When I read the 2nd sets abilities it sounds even more characters are fundamentally broken than the first one.

It’s just a waste of time to say anything more here. You won’t listen anyway…🙁
If you would care, you would made a Q/A with the community or join on of the big discord servers!

Replies

• TC_23
    10 posts Member
    100%
  • The only feedback they care about is the amount spent.
    They didn’t change the economy due to feedback this was the plan all along to appear to care about player’s experience.
  • TC_23
    10 posts Member
    There would be a lot of other ways to earn money from the playerbase. And seeing how many big whales quit or go more casual i'm not sure if CG really reached they incmoing goals with datacrons.

the whole point of a collection game is that you get to keep it...
  • Aiin
    11 posts Member
    I mean they gave us a 14 dollar calendar!! What more do you want? 😆
  • Jakdnels
    787 posts Member
    My narrative with no inside knowledge but piecing together what I can with the lack of info from CG:

They listened to datacron feedback so hard they cancelled the beta testing program because someone (presumably) said datacrons suck and CG said, yeah, well, we're going to do it anyway. Then the leaker leaked. Then CG released datacrons and guess what... They suck. They had an opportunity to work with testers and tune things but decided to make the entire player base their new beta testers instead.
  • Datacrons really should exclude GLs. Also 25 Bucks for something that expires in 2 months? And then not even max level? 😂😂😂😂

But I am pretty sure there will be enough stufus who will buy that shtuff willingly. The community should just stand together for once and ban datacraps from their gameplay. But thats a romantic point of view. Wont happen
  • So very few players like datacrons that I'm unsure what CG thinks changing the economy will do. Easier access to something that most people despise isn't a solution - now i can beat my head against the wall three times instead of twice - YES WIN! I know its crazy BUT maybe they could modify datacrons in a way players DO want.

Remove the GLs, limit the ridiculous overall power of some skills, make them last forever but still make them usable in a seasonal rotation and make the upgrade mats unique to the set and only available during their season. Those things could (probably) turn this into a positive addition....or just make them easier to get and hope players begin to love bashing their heads into walls.
  • Datacrons really should exclude GLs. Also 25 Bucks for something that expires in 2 months? And then not even max level? 😂😂😂😂

But I am pretty sure there will be enough stufus who will buy that shtuff willingly. The community should just stand together for once and ban datacraps from their gameplay. But thats a romantic point of view. Wont happen

I literally lmao
  • Aiin
    11 posts Member
    They are the dumbest thing ever. Cg is probably like hold my beer. Let's keep gac and tw skilled base.
  • Picollo
    41 posts Member
    Feedback: let players vote whether they want datacrons or not. And if more than 90 percent want it gone - remove it from the game. I dare you CG.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Datacrons should not empower GL’s. They made omicrons not work with and against GL’s and those are permanent investments. These datacrons should be the same way.
  • IronCross
    934 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Datacrons should not empower GL’s. They made omicrons not work with and against GL’s and those are permanent investments. These datacrons should be the same way.

Datacons should have never been added to the game. It was a stupid idea and will cause even more players to bolt.
    I hope they fail.
  • Jos33680
    122 posts Member
    Remove datacrons
  • Yes, please remove….we have only one player out of 50 in my guild actively engaging in datacrons.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    IronCross wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

Datacons should have never been added to the game. It was a stupid idea and will cause even more players to bolt.
    I hope they fail.

Agreed 100%. Figured these are here to stay so wanted to suggest at least something relatively reasonable to fix their already massive blunder.
  • Datacrons themselves are fine. But CG's execution of their implementation is terrible to say the least. They should NEVER affect GLs. Don't make already strong things even stronger. Make more datacrons for stuff like old republic, ewoks, rogue one, tuskens etc., stuff that's not very strong and very underused, to level the playing field. Make it a tiny bit less expensive to upgrade and reroll, so that a good chunk of the community can actually enjoy them. Whales will still have a big advantage, but at least others will have something to play with. This could have been a great addition to the game, but CG dropped the ball as usual.
  • Feedback: Datacrons suck and need to be removed from the game.
  • Datacons are not new content. They are just a temporary change to the content we have already had. They require more resources to use and then just disappear. A new thing to spend resources on is the only thing no one asked for.
  • Sev112
    110 posts Member
    If we have to have datacrons in the game ( which the consensus of your players have said NO to ), then they should only work with the C/B level teams to help encourage having deeper rosters, instead of making the top end of rosters even more top heavy. This should have been a simple, easy decision. Whoever made the call to ok this shouldn't be allowed to push out any more content for awhile.
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    edited July 2022
    Sev112 wrote: »
    If we have to have datacrons in the game ( which the consensus of your players have said NO to ), then they should only work with the C/B level teams to help encourage having deeper rosters, instead of making the top end of rosters even more top heavy. This should have been a simple, easy decision. Whoever made the call to ok this shouldn't be allowed to push out any more content for awhile.

C/B level teams do not generate enough cash flow for CG. They can be farmed easily and don't require expensive gears. By boosting the latest characters like the Inquisitors even further with datacrons, it is easier for CG to generate panic spending.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Antario wrote: »
    Sev112 wrote: »

C/B level teams do not generate enough cash flow for CG. They can be farms easily and don't require expensive gears. By boosting the latest characters like the Inquisitors even further with datacrons, it is easier for CG to generate panic spending.

Inq are also c/b teams. Also while subpar teams may not generate as much revenue as anything released in recent history, much more people don't have them prepared as opposed to a teams and gl teams. This is just like what omicrons are doing for otherwise dead toons.
  • IronCross
    934 posts Member
    Also, the temporary nature of Datacons is garbage. I don’t know anyone liking something that goes away.
  • DeusArt
    131 posts Member
    edited July 2022
    From what I've seen and read about this datacrons month.
    1. Remove GL from datacrons. Datacron team could be equal to GL team, but please, no GL with datacrons. It's called balance! In force.
    2. Limit datacrons usage. 3 per set will be great and 9 teams in total.
    3. Increase season period to 6-12 month. There will be a reason to work on character for datacron.
    4. Let us reroll level 1-2 when level 3 is reached, level 4-5 when 6 is reached, and level 7-8 when 9 is reached.

• Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    IronCross wrote: »
    Also, the temporary nature of Datacons is garbage. I don’t know anyone liking something that goes away.

I bet a lot of players will love the day when GR stun fest datacrons will go away.
  • twstdbydsn
    1101 posts Member
    Datacrons are dumb
  • Datacons are not new content. They are just a temporary change to the content we have already had. They require more resources to use and then just disappear. A new thing to spend resources on is the only thing no one asked for.
  • hunchew
    70 posts Member
    edited July 2022
    They are new content. In theory, they sound awesome. It's something that gives your team new abilities and makes that particular team perform that bunch better. So technically, it's a new playable content that you can experience in pvp aspects of the game. The problem, however, is in the details. The statistics boost datacrons provide is a little ridiculous. It becomes 1000 times worse when the datacron boosts a GL team. Thats one part of the problem.
    The other issue is the economy and cost of upgrade. CG doesn't provide a way to earn upgrade materials outside of conquest, and purchase cost has drastic impact on gear progression, contrary to what CG has promised (shocker).

So combined, the datacrons don't feel like new content because it's very expensive to engage with them at their implemented level. The theory behind it is interesting, but the implementation is terrible.
  • The stat boost rolls kind of remind me of mods 1.0 which was shelved and reworked relatively quickly.

I have a lvl 8 datacron and a lvl 2, and im pretty sure im the only person in my guild to have even done THAT much (not a top/competitive guild so whatever).

I dont like the idea of them in general, and their change to make the first sets mats more or less crystal only was kind of a lower blow (for anyone that didnt take notice, you can only get bare minimum for shard shop currency and the ally point spends are 100k each, but set 2 is noe available for shard shop currency). So what happens when set 3 rolls around?
  • Joebo720
    647 posts Member
    i second the motion. Put them on B teams to make them into semi A teams. Don't put them on A teams and make them unbeatable.