Best Endgame Chimaera Fleet for Defence?

MagicMatthews99
1124 posts Member
edited July 2022
Discord hasn't managed to give me a straight answer. So far I've been told:
  • Vader, TIE Bomber, Sith Marauder.
  • Interceptor, Gauntlet, EP Shuttle, Imp TIE Fighter.
or
  • Vader, TIE Bomber, Gauntlet.
  • Interceptor, Sith Marauder, EP Shuttle, Imp TIE Fighter.
With Interceptor reducing Chimaera's cooldowns, the assumption is the AI will just call out Marauder on its first turn anyway. I'm not against relicing Gar and ISC for Gauntlet if it goes in the starting line-up; I've already reliced Bistan and SRP for Bistan's UW so I don't see how this could be any worse. But if Gauntlet isn't starting then it's pointless relicing them. So which of the two, or any other combination of starting ships is the best setup for Chimaera on defence?
THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!

Replies

• crzydroid
    7286 posts Moderator
    I know that Shuttle and Interceptor are given the same priority, so they will come out in slot order. Not sure about Marauder, honestly, but tanks might have higher priority. So if you want Interceptor to come out first, you might want Marauder in front.
  • Second Sister is still low gear for me right now so I don't think I want her coming out first just yet. It's mostly just what benefits does Gauntlet/TFP/Shuttle have starting over Marauder starting?
  • [*] Vader, TIE Bomber, Gauntlet.
    [*] Interceptor, Sith Marauder, EP Shuttle, Imp TIE Fighter.
    [/list]

I believe this is the ideal starting trio lineup if you have the Gauntlet pilots reliced. I'd replace Marauder with the B-28 Bomber though. Reaper can take TIE Fighter's place if you want to keep it for Malevolence as an Executor cleanup option. Without a relic Gauntlet, the best starting lineup is Vader with 2 tanks imho.

Marauder and EP Shuttle have the same high RI priority according to https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-VkZ_Bc9Fuhwp1nVTpC23wAx9-4goLgU-FaJHhjZXI8/edit# . And I believe crzydroid is correct that Interceptor is in the same tier. I put this fleet on defense in every GAC and TW and I've seen all 3 of them being brought in first, judging from battles my Chimaera lost after only one RI.

Gauntlet is in a conditional RI tier that can jump ahead of all other tiers if any ships are in urgent need of healing. The placement order of RIs seems to be largely or entirely irrelevant btw. The AI always makes situational decisions when multiple RIs share the same priority or are in the conditional tier. So there is no controlling which RI comes in first.
  • I'd replace Marauder with the B-28 Bomber though.
    Marauder already pilots the B-28 Bomber. Is it possible you're mixing up Marauder/B-28 with Sith Assassin/Sith Fighter?
    So if Vader, TIE Bomber, and Gauntlet are the best starting three, it looks like I'm relicing Gar and ISC in the near future. Do you know if I can leave them both R3 or do I need to take them higher than that?